Philosophy TSV 08/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Philosophy TSV 08/09/19 (Going live Thursday)

Super-size shampoo, bath & shower gel
Super-size whipped body creme
Super-size limited edition eau de parfum
15ml sample of new fragrance fresh cream soft suede\
re-usable gift bag

P.jpg

Philosophy TSV 08/09/19 (Going live Thursday)

Super-size shampoo, bath & shower gel
Super-size whipped body creme
Super-size limited edition eau de parfum
15ml sample of new fragrance fresh cream soft suede\
re-usable gift bag

View attachment 17726

Apart from the 15ml "sample" fragrance and bag, this and the below are not so different.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Philosophy-3-...&-Love-Collection.product.235672.html?sc=SRCH

£48.98 (instead of £70) plus £5.95 for that - so do you think the TSV will be a similar price?

I'll look forward to reading the same terrible reviews as last years. Some people will never learn.

I have not bought Philosphy for years fallen out of love with this brand as it really has gone downhill

I won't be watching and won't be falling for this one again, have caved before and bought the Philosophy TSV despite knowing that the fragrances are not what they used to be, never again, sadly the fragrances are so weak you'd be as well spraying yourself with a £1 tin of Impulse, in fact the Impulse probably last longer

The Philosophy perfumes, I’d like say have no staying power, but it’s not even there to start with. Alison Young will come out again, as always, with the usual “if you work as a nurse it’s not overpowering” in other words, you can’t smell it.

I haven't tried this brand but I find perfumes disappointing. Having received the Shay & Blue TSV recently I have noticed that I can't smell it on me 10 minutes after I've sprayed it and the same goes for the Molton Brown EDT. Won't be tempted again. Might just be my skin that can't retain the scent.

CC

Just decided to check if the TSV was being sold yet and I noticed that at least 5 philosophy prices have jumped up substantially overnight. I guess words got out that people have got wise to the watered down scents and they need to make some money elsewhere.

Just decided to check if the TSV was being sold yet and I noticed that at least 5 philosophy prices have jumped up substantially overnight. I guess words got out that people have got wise to the watered down scents and they need to make some money elsewhere.
Thought I’d have a look at the TSV (I seem to have stacks of it, bought from Q when sucked in so wanted to check prices, so going to flog on eBay as I’ll never get through the amount I have!) and it says sold out!!! I am assuming it’s more due to SCW saying it would be available for pre-sale on Thursday rather that genuine!
Is it just me or can any of you guys not wait for the day when this stupid system of pre-sale pre-launch nonsense bites them on the arse and they have nothing to flog on the actual launch day?!?
I agree they've put the prices up - this is to demonstrates the ‘value’ of the TSV, they’ll quietly reduce a week or so later, tends to happen with most of the TSVs and so called offers/big deal/hot pick/summer surprise/Christmas surprise/bar mitzvah surprise etc

I also wondered what QVC would do if all their stock of a TSV sold out before the day. There would of course be advanced orders but not unlimited amounts. I'm thinking the Christmas Molton Brown TSV if they have one or the Decleor one. I'm guessing they would then start punting stocks of things they want to get rid of at one time only prices. I have noticed on a few things at reduced prices the postage sneaks up by a pound or so and I know it definitely has as it is things that I buy/have bought.

CC

Philosophy 4 Piece Grace Fragrance Layering Collection
Item Number: 239540
QVC Price £85.00
Todays Special Value Price £47.96
P&P £4.95

or 4 Easy Pays of £11.99

This four-piece collection from Philosophy features an eau de parfum in a limited edition bottle and a travel-sized eau de toilette, as well as a soothing body cream and a supersize shower gel, all in a limited edition tote-style bag. Let your signature fragrance shine through with this indulgent, pampering collection.

Discover your scent - each fragrance has its own distinct personality, offering subtle, calming notes. Embrace your new signature scent and layer it to uplift your senses for longer.

A special gift - the collection comes in a limited-edition tote-style bag, making it the perfect present for a loved one - but we don't mind if you decide to keep it for yourself!

Only at QVC - try Baby Grace, a scent that's gentle on the skin and infused with wonderfully calming notes. The eau de toilette is also a sampling of Philosophy's brand new fragrance, Fresh Cream Soft Suede, and the shower gel is available in supersize only at QVC.

Fragrance options:

Amazing Grace: clean, beautiful and feminine with scents of bergamot, blossom and musk
Baby Grace: infused with calming, nurturing notes that help restore your sense of wellbeing
Pure Grace: a clean, fresh soap and water scent, just like fresh linen
Ballet Rose: inspired by delicate pink rose petals, this captivating scent is layered with lychee and finished with woods and sheer ballet pink musk
Nude Rose: a composition of blush rose balanced by neroli, bright orange flower, cedar wood and musk

Contains:

1 x Shower Gel (946ml) - experience a beautiful cleanse with this moisturising formula, perfect for creating a luxurious lather or drizzling under the water before bath time for crisp, soap-scented bubbles
1 x Whipped Body Cream (480ml) - a luxurious yet lightweight moisturiser that melts into skin leaving it silky soft and lightly fragranced. Enriched with shea butter, aloe, olive fruit extracts and antioxidants.
1 x Fragrance Eau de Parfum (120ml) - enhance your wellbeing while smelling clean and beautifully feminine
1 x Fresh Cream Soft Suede Eau de Toilette (15ml) - envelop your skin in notes of caramel, vanilla blossom, smoky bourbon, musk, leather cream and amber.
1 x gift bag

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239540

Philosophy 4 Piece Grace Fragrance Layering Collection
Item Number: 239540
QVC Price £85.00
Todays Special Value Price £47.96
P&P £4.95

or 4 Easy Pays of £11.99

This four-piece collection from Philosophy features an eau de parfum in a limited edition bottle and a travel-sized eau de toilette, as well as a soothing body cream and a supersize shower gel, all in a limited edition tote-style bag. Let your signature fragrance shine through with this indulgent, pampering collection.

Discover your scent - each fragrance has its own distinct personality, offering subtle, calming notes. Embrace your new signature scent and layer it to uplift your senses for longer.

A special gift - the collection comes in a limited-edition tote-style bag, making it the perfect present for a loved one - but we don't mind if you decide to keep it for yourself!

Only at QVC - try Baby Grace, a scent that's gentle on the skin and infused with wonderfully calming notes. The eau de toilette is also a sampling of Philosophy's brand new fragrance, Fresh Cream Soft Suede, and the shower gel is available in supersize only at QVC.

Fragrance options:

Amazing Grace: clean, beautiful and feminine with scents of bergamot, blossom and musk
Baby Grace: infused with calming, nurturing notes that help restore your sense of wellbeing
Pure Grace: a clean, fresh soap and water scent, just like fresh linen
Ballet Rose: inspired by delicate pink rose petals, this captivating scent is layered with lychee and finished with woods and sheer ballet pink musk
Nude Rose: a composition of blush rose balanced by neroli, bright orange flower, cedar wood and musk

Contains:

1 x Shower Gel (946ml) - experience a beautiful cleanse with this moisturising formula, perfect for creating a luxurious lather or drizzling under the water before bath time for crisp, soap-scented bubbles
1 x Whipped Body Cream (480ml) - a luxurious yet lightweight moisturiser that melts into skin leaving it silky soft and lightly fragranced. Enriched with shea butter, aloe, olive fruit extracts and antioxidants.
1 x Fragrance Eau de Parfum (120ml) - enhance your wellbeing while smelling clean and beautifully feminine
1 x Fresh Cream Soft Suede Eau de Toilette (15ml) - envelop your skin in notes of caramel, vanilla blossom, smoky bourbon, musk, leather cream and amber.
1 x gift bag

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239540

It must cost pence to make - they do big bottles at such cheap prices. Must have access to Cat Piss Springs (Remember Peckham Springs - ha ha - Only! was the best telly ever - so needed in these shite times)

Have to add that I have personal experience of the chandelier episode - although I was tiny at the time - I have an amazing/autistic memory (so I'm told By mr B)

Last edited:
Has anyone tied the Nude Rose and Ballet Rose fragrances (and could smell them :mysmilie_19:)?

I have a hyper-sensitivity to scents (and sounds too) so Philosophy works for me. I have a mixed relationship with rose notes but if they're not too prominent in the mix I'd quite like to try one of them. I like the bath and body products so could be tempted.

edit: Just read the reviews on fragrantica, and will swerve the "ballet" version as it sounds more "rosey" like L'Occitane's 4 Reines. I'd still welcome opinions though.

Has anyone tied the Nude Rose and Ballet Rose fragrances (and could smell them :mysmilie_19:)?

I have a hyper-sensitivity to scents (and sounds too) so Philosophy works for me. I have a mixed relationship with rose notes but if they're not too prominent in the mix I'd quite like to try one of them. I like the bath and body products so could be tempted.

edit: Just read the reviews on fragrantica, and will swerve the "ballet" version as it sounds more "rosey" like L'Occitane's 4 Reines. I'd still welcome opinions though.

Akimbo, I've got both of them and despite the fact I loathe Amazing Grace, I much prefer the Nude Rose - I can definitely concur that the Ballet Rose is more of a traditional, powdery rose scent, whereas the Nude is much fresher and greener.

I know a lot of people complain about the sillage/longevity, but I've also got a sensitive schnozz and can still smell them on me at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back