Philosophy TSV 08/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you T, really helpful. I'll check exactly how much shower gel I have stock-piled and if not thoroughly ashamed I'll order the Nude option!

:mysmilie_59:

It has been confirmed by Q on FB page that this isn't the Xmas TSV. There is another in Nov.

Wonder what?

Akimbo, I've got both of them and despite the fact I loathe Amazing Grace, I much prefer the Nude Rose - I can definitely concur that the Ballet Rose is more of a traditional, powdery rose scent, whereas the Nude is much fresher and greener.

I know a lot of people complain about the sillage/longevity, but I've also got a sensitive schnozz and can still smell them on me at the end of the day.

Is the nude rose sweet?

Just re read the description & IINM it appears that we also receive a 15 ml of the Fresh Cream. I believe that is one of the worst reviewed philosophy frag's there is. Oh yuk. I'm envisaging Fresh Cat Piss. The stale Cat Piss/charity shop wafter/Loo cleaner (Pure Piss) is bad enough. Blee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the nude rose sweet?

Just re read the description & IINM it appears that we also receive a 15 ml of the Fresh Cream. I believe that is one of the worst reviewed philosophy frag's there is. Oh yuk. I'm envisaging Fresh Cat Piss. The stale Cat Piss/charity shop wafter/Loo cleaner (Pure Piss) is bad enough. Blee.

Erm I'm not the best at describing what's sweet and what isn't - it's definitely a feminine fragrance but I wouldn't call it gourmand in any way, so a sort of fresh, fruity rose. Sorry, I'm crap at determining sweet!

It's the Fresh Cream Suede something or other I think, but I have to agree, I had to give away the Fresh Cream I bought once, it smelled like some cheapo 80s concoction - terribly synthetic. Actually the free Floral Street perfume I got in one of the TILI boxes was exactly the same synthetic vanilla - Wild Vanilla Orchid (I think). Just not my cuppa.

fresh cream is an amazing smelling shower gel i love it but its each to their own

but apparently there is another TSV in November which is the christmas one but i got a feeling this one is designed for that too

I was almost tempted by this until I read the one star review saying that the perfume bottles stick and you end up with an almost full bottle that's unusable. I've had Philosophy perfumes in the past and they've been fine but if there's a dip in the quality of the fragrances, maybe they're cutting back on the quality of the containers too.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. :mysmilie_3:

I bought a gift set last year and was sent a 10ml freebie of Philosophy Ballet Rose and it burned a red patch on my skin, I left it a week in case it was a one off and tried it again but it did the same thing, I don’t have sensitive skin either so don’t know what was in it, the only way I could describe it was like a light oil left on my skin, The smell was nice though, a stronger more grown up Amazing Grace, it didn’t agree with me so couldn’t carry on using it. The smell still didn’t last long.

Akimbo, I've got both of them and despite the fact I loathe Amazing Grace, I much prefer the Nude Rose - I can definitely concur that the Ballet Rose is more of a traditional, powdery rose scent, whereas the Nude is much fresher and greener.

I know a lot of people complain about the sillage/longevity, but I've also got a sensitive schnozz and can still smell them on me at the end of the day.

Thank you T, really helpful. I'll check exactly how much shower gel I have stock-piled and if not thoroughly ashamed I'll order the Nude option!

Tarketta, have you got that the wrong way round? Isn’t it Amazing Grace Ballet Rose and Pure Grace Nude Rose? I think you said on here you like Pure Grace so Nude Rose would make sense as your preferred one??

Akimbo, you mentioned what they say online about Ballet Rose smelling like l’Occitane Quatre Reines - did you notice lots more saying how much like Chloe Roses it is? I tried to find that in shops so I could test it in the week but maybe it’s discontined? Does anyone know it? As someone else said, Rose fragrances can be hit and miss and I can’t stand the synthetic 1970s air freshener rose smells.

As for longevity with Philosophy, I can definitely smell them hours later, not always as I am moving about but on my clothes at the end of the day. They seem to hang around on clothes more than my skin.

I am depressingly interested in the TSV although I don’t want to spend £50 plus (thought/hoped it might be just under). I am counting the mini Fresh Cream Soft Suede as a freebie as I’d be buying for the main fragrance so wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn’t like the FCSS. I reckon I can hold out because I’ve proved I have some willpower in not buying it while it’s been available these past couple of days. I’m still looking though ....

Tarketta, have you got that the wrong way round? Isn’t it Amazing Grace Ballet Rose and Pure Grace Nude Rose? I think you said on here you like Pure Grace so Nude Rose would make sense as your preferred one??

AndiK, you're quite right - for some reason, I have a complete mental block about which name is which, I just know I like the Amazing Grace rose version not the Pure Grace one - sorry for confusing anyone!!!!

Akimbo, please note AndiK's correction of my gobbledegook - I like the Amazing Grace rose, NOT the Pure Grace one - the Amazing Grace rose is fresher whereas the Pure Grace one is softer, more traditional rose.

Jaysus, I haven't touched a drop, honest guv!

AndiK, you're quite right - for some reason, I have a complete mental block about which name is which, I just know I like the Amazing Grace rose version not the Pure Grace one - sorry for confusing anyone!!!!

Akimbo, please note AndiK's correction of my gobbledegook - I like the Amazing Grace rose, NOT the Pure Grace one - the Amazing Grace rose is fresher whereas the Pure Grace one is softer, more traditional rose.

Jaysus, I haven't touched a drop, honest guv!

I only noticed because of the amount of time I’ve spent researching the smells on Fragrantica.com and the like, and in Q videos/reviews, etc this week!! I’m going for the PhD in Philosophy but not the one people would be impressed by!!

I think it’s Amazing Grace Ballet Rose for me, too. It’s described as warmer and slightly “prettier” (more girly?) than the Pure Grace Nude Rose, which is crisper and dewier. That makes sense to me from what I find with the Amazing vs Pure Graces as well.

Amazing Grace Ballet Rose - rose, peony, lychee (people say they pick up)
Pure Grace Nude Rose - rose, dewy greenery

Now put the bottle down and go get some fresh air, Tarketta :wink:

My late sister used to wear Ombre Rose - sharing a car journey was Hell, but as she lived in the States it was a rare torture...then she bought my mum a bottle! Aaaarrrrgh!

Unable to do ml for ml as yet as cannot found these sizes sold anywhere else. Will check just before & see if Q update their Philosophy selection.

usually the 946ml are £24 each & the body creme is like £20 each

Thank you, appreciated. Had a look back on previous ml for ml calculations and had the same problems with the Philosophy TSV in October 2018 and had to estimate. I’d say it’s over a £100 Worth, but not accurate enough to post happily.

Not sure how I'm gonna tell my mother that Philosophy is testing on animals. Just read about it on QVC's Facebook page. There is a real storm kicking up over there. Lots of angry people. My mum has been wearing Philosophy for years and would be disgusted if she knew about their animals testing. Glad I found out. It's the final straw with this despicable company.

Two 'reviews' already posted; they don't contain any information about the products both are just complaints about the perfume bottle. I'm not in the least bit interested in Philosophy, animal testing is barbaric & totally unnecessary.

My late sister used to wear Ombre Rose - sharing a car journey was Hell, but as she lived in the States it was a rare torture...then she bought my mum a bottle! Aaaarrrrgh!

I have a small bottle bought on a whim and well really cheaply. I will say since I did buy must be well over 5 years ago I have only worn a few times. It is a monster of powdery rose/peach.

Not sure how I'm gonna tell my mother that Philosophy is testing on animals. Just read about it on QVC's Facebook page. There is a real storm kicking up over there. Lots of angry people. My mum has been wearing Philosophy for years and would be disgusted if she knew about their animals testing. Glad I found out. It's the final straw with this despicable company.

I wouldn't tell her. Why spoil something she enjoys?

I wonder how many of the fakebook yellers wear leather & take NHS meds?

Latest posts

Back