Has Ll'orel taken over Decleor

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you tried The Ordinary oils boffy? Not as sophisticated as Decleor but good quality oils and very inexpensive.

I only buy them when they are a few pounds a bottle. I must say oils last forever. the Christmas TSV lavender/iris oil I am still using it every single day..got about aanther weeks worth cant complain. plus since I have been using Decleor my daughters keep saying how good I look. so once I can get a good deal I will keep using

Pity Fiona doesn't try some of the products she's flogging.

I heard a report years ago - when she always seemed to have greasy hair that was pulled back into a Croydon face lift - that she wouldn't let any of the other girls who worked at Decleor do her job on tv presenting, and that she arranged her holidays around her appearances, so it didn't give anyone else a chance.

Seems to have worked, because I cant ever remember anyone other than frightful Fiona being the 'face' of Decleor.

Laura who left Decleor recently regularly appeared on Q instead of Fiona and Georgina is on sometimes as well.

Wish I had read this earlier just ordered the neroli balm which I have used for years
Read good reviews about the new formula
Starting to worry now

I love Neroli balm still!

As someone who's used Decleor for many years I think they are slowly and sneakily changing the formulas under the disguise of "new and improved". However, I don't think they are improved. The Iris/Lavender oil isn't as good as the pure Iris, the Neroli is called something else now and that green tea/mandarine is nothing like the old pure mandarine. I've said elsewhere that I'm going off Decleor and I haven't bought nearly as much in the past year. It's like everything else these days, reducing the quality/quantity whilst increasing the price.

CC

I used pure Argan Oil on my face for ages loved it. Now Emma Hardie Brilliance Oil, the Decleor, unfortunately, my skin just does not like now. I think it is the fragrance in the oils?

I have some pure Argan & adore the natural nutty smell. I understand it's more a nourishing oil than anti ager. Not saying you are aged, but did you find the argan worked on any skin issues you have?

I have noticed a vast difference in some of the Decleor products, notably with awful smells. I ordered the most recent TSV, thinking it was new product that has been brought out, but Fiona was very economical with information, so I did some digging and realised it was simply a new name for old products. I've had the original versions in the past and didn't get on with them at all. Luckily, I got on the web and was lucky that I still had some time to cancel. I wondered why so many products had been changed. I hate that "new recipe" type thing as you know it means cheaper quality product - usually a way to sell you more air or more water. Same happened to Gatineau's Defilift, so now I don't buy anymore.

I used to quite like the defilift & have one stashed. How have you found this has changed, please?

Wish I had read this earlier just ordered the neroli balm which I have used for years
Read good reviews about the new formula
Starting to worry now

They changed the formula....:( Around the time when the name changed from Balm Essential. I don't buy anymore....

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I find sad and counter-intuitive is that these beauty companies go around buying up brands because of their success with their proposition then they go about stripping out the qualities that created loyal customers and try to make them the same as every other brand out there, except for the higher prices!

If the ingredients are more expensive, either reduce the size or increase the price... but keep the ingredients and give the customer the choice! Turning great products into OK products is good business for a short-term, but bad business for a long-term success.

One of the things I find sad and counter-intuitive is that these beauty companies go around buying up brands because of their success with their proposition then they go about stripping out the qualities that created loyal customers and try to make them the same as every other brand out there, except for the higher prices!

If the ingredients are more expensive, either reduce the size or increase the price... but keep the ingredients and give the customer the choice! Turning great products into OK products is good business for a short-term, but bad business for a long-term success.

Indeed. Makes me so cross.....

I have some pure Argan & adore the natural nutty smell. I understand it's more a nourishing oil than anti ager. Not saying you are aged, but did you find the argan worked on any skin issues you have?

I used to quite like the defilift & have one stashed. How have you found this has changed, please?

They changed the formula....:( Around the time when the name changed from Balm Essential. I don't buy anymore....

I have mild rosacea and it was recommended to use. Now it will not cure rosacea but it did not upset my skin. I found it very nourishing and you used less moisturiser. Some did not like the smell but it never bothered me. The goats did freak people a bit:mysmilie_17: They climb the trees eat the nuts and then at the other end outcomes nuts and the women gather it and boil it up and the end result is argan oil. Since then I moved on to Algenist and Emma Hardie oils, both do not have any real fragrance. I was told it could be the fragrance is some skincare that broke me out?

I have mild rosacea and it was recommended to use. Now it will not cure rosacea but it did not upset my skin. I found it very nourishing and you used less moisturiser. Some did not like the smell but it never bothered me. The goats did freak people a bit:mysmilie_17: They climb the trees eat the nuts and then at the other end outcomes nuts and the women gather it and boil it up and the end result is argan oil. Since then I moved on to Algenist and Emma Hardie oils, both do not have any real fragrance. I was told it could be the fragrance is some skincare that broke me out?

My Springer Obie Gets up on his back legs to eat the plums off our tree. We've had a great crop this year & all out neighbours have received bags of Victoria plums off us.

I counted 24 plum stones in one poo a few days ago!!!!!! Fortunately he'a always had a varied diet including raw, & so fruit & veg don't upset him, but he is doing lots of very smelly blow offs. It could of course be Mr B (also plum eater) who then blames Obie.

Latest posts

Back