Latest Voucher Offer - 'SHOP & SAVE for Summer'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
The Q's doing it again, spend between £100 & £250 & receive a voucher for 10% of the amount you've spent. This promotion starts today & lasts until 8th September with the voucher emailed three days later. I know that summer doesn't end this year until 23rd September but this seems a tad late & would have been more appropriate in May. They obviously wanted a catchy headline that included alliteration & couldn't think of a suitable word beginning with A to match autumn. Please note QVC that seasons do not need a capital letter.

I got the email and thought WTH! We are halfway through August give a few days and it's already feeling more like Autumn and QVC are pushing Summer! Most stores are selling off their summer stock and moving Autumn stock in this past few weeks.

How many will get pulled into the offer and then the complaints they did not get their voucher or missed the email with it? I see this quite a lot on their Facebook page.

I got sucked into one of these vouchers before although I did manage to wangle the highest value one even though I was a few pounds short of the limit. Won't be doing it again.

CC

Offer:
Spend £100, £150 or £250 from 13th August - 8th September to qualify for a £10, £15 or £25 voucher.
However:
Got your voucher? Start shopping! Find products worth £30 or more to use a £10 voucher, £40 or more to use a £15 voucher and £50 or more to use a £25 voucher**.
And:
**Easy Pay instalment options are not available when using your voucher code.

So you need to actually spend £300 to use your £25 voucher? Is that right? Not such a good deal then lol.

CC

So you need to actually spend £300 to use your £25 voucher? Is that right? Not such a good deal then lol.

CC
Exactly, I think it is wrong to set a minimum spend to use the voucher, just give us the voucher!

I bought the Dyson Hot+Cool fan when the last voucher offer was on, sure enough I got the highest amount...(can't remember how much it was) when I went for a look I found I would have to spend another £100 to claim the money off, did I go there No thanks. I wanted the fan and didn't buy it because of the voucher, but I do think the vouchers are a con.

When I get a voucher for say £20, off Ideal World, the minimum spend is £20.01, so always the face value plus one penny. I think QVC are absolutely the lowest of the low for making the customer have to pay another big financial outlay to claim the “voucher” back. QVC get worse as the years roll on, I honestly can’t see people putting up with them and their shoddy retail practices for much longer, especially the new breed of internet shoppers were it’s easy to check prices elsewhere before they part with their money, and quite rightly so.

I think QVC are being really deceptive on these vouchers, not once have i heard the presenters mention there is a minimum spend on the vouchers, the on screen graphics never mention it either

What a shambles!

:mysmilie_13:

Is this your Word of the Moment, stratobuddy? It is certainly very appropriate and applies to QVC’s selling techniques, despatch, returns, refunds, customer service, presenters’ dress sense, colour descriptions, website .... pretty much anything discussed on here really.

:mysmilie_13:

Is this your Word of the Moment, stratobuddy? It is certainly very appropriate and applies to QVC’s selling techniques, despatch, returns, refunds, customer service, presenters’ dress sense, colour descriptions, website .... pretty much anything discussed on here really.

Yes, I am feeling and posting "What a shambles" more and more.

Items without photos;
items without videos;
used items being sent out without checking;
a waitlist that neve seems to work;
the ridiculous coupon offers;
very often extortionate prices, much higher than elsewhere;
items with glaringly wrong descriptions;
a useless search engine;
long waits for CS (never used to be);
items "in process" for days, but if you try to cancel it is "too late"
random inexplicable postage charges;
no tracking (or else item arrives before you get any tracking);
no indication when returns will be collected;
the palaver about lost items;
if there is a missing item in the package the whole lot has to be returned and replaced;
presenters who have no understanding whatsoever of the technical or practical items they are selling;
and from one presenter in particular, downright lies.

Yes, I am feeling and posting "What a shambles" more and more.

Items without photos;
items without videos;
used items being sent out without checking;
a waitlist that neve seems to work;
the ridiculous coupon offers;
very often extortionate prices, much higher than elsewhere;
items with glaringly wrong descriptions;
a useless search engine;
long waits for CS (never used to be);
items "in process" for days, but if you try to cancel it is "too late"
random inexplicable postage charges;
no tracking (or else item arrives before you get any tracking);
no indication when returns will be collected;
the palaver about lost items;
if there is a missing item in the package the whole lot has to be returned and replaced;
presenters who have no understanding whatsoever of the technical or practical items they are selling;
and from one presenter in particular, downright lies.

Any business run properly would see these as red flags. QVC plough on regardless. They should realise that even the sycophants on fb are not the only customers. I think they will only recognise they have a problem when customers disappear, never to return, in significant numbers (by which I mean they lose a ton more existing customers than they gain new customers).

For now they seem happy to do nothing to improve...And while plenty are willing to spend, spend, spend who can blame them. I even feel responsible due to my recent purchases :sad:

Offer:
Spend £100, £150 or £250 from 13th August - 8th September to qualify for a £10, £15 or £25 voucher.
However:
Got your voucher? Start shopping! Find products worth £30 or more to use a £10 voucher, £40 or more to use a £15 voucher and £50 or more to use a £25 voucher**.
And:
**Easy Pay instalment options are not available when using your voucher code.

So when you’ve spent up to £250 by the 8th September and got the up to £25 worth of voucher
How long have you got to find something you actually want to buy costing over £50 to cash in your £25 discount voucher?

......that will be just 11 days

I do not call this an offer! Have we had simpering Chuntley extolling this yet?which I will not see as I won’t be watching.

They all keep banging on about it as if you're getting some fantastic deal. The T&Cs said you can't count postage and easy pays but I've heard both Craig and Catherine H saying they do count. I don't like the way they just toss out there "spend £250 and you get a voucher" - that's a huge amount of money to most people to spend on telly tat and then you have to spend another minimum amount to get your £25 off. It's a bit of a con.

CC

Kathryn Goldsmith can't stop talking about this voucher & although the promo mentions t&c not one of the sales assistants adds that fact to the "Get a voucher for..." speil.

I thought Catherine Huntkey was bad enough yesterday, mentioning the voucher every five minutes, but I had a show on this morning, that Simon was presenting, and he mentioned the blessed voucher in virtually every breath. It makes you wonder whether they earn an extra fiver for every mention. Anyway, the non-stop voucher mentions made me turn over. It was worse than Chinese drip torture. (And this will going on until 7th September) :mysmilie_51:

Latest posts

Back