Culinary concepts...I’ve heard it all now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharonk

Registered Shopper
Look at the beautiful cheese knife you get with this beautiful cheeseboard.
It’s stainless steel and food safe:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Look at the beautiful cheese knife you get with this beautiful cheeseboard.
It’s stainless steel and food safe:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Her comment may sound silly, however, she's correct. Stainless steel doesn't corrode but carbon steel does when it's in contact with acid & moisture so a knife made from this could affect food; a rusty knife could develop tiny holes that may then contain bacteria.

And I think anyone who doesn't know why we use stainless steel in the kitchen must be a right numpty ! there are enough cheffy programmes on the tele with enough s/s to build a battle ship ! And anyway, puppies are beautiful, not cheeseboards.

but why would we buy a cheese knife or any knife that wasn’t food safe? I have never ever picked up a box of cutlery and checked to see if it is food safe.

Her comment may sound silly, however, she's correct. Stainless steel doesn't corrode but carbon steel does when it's in contact with acid & moisture so a knife made from this could affect food; a rusty knife could develop tiny holes that may then contain bacteria.

But would you class them as beautiful?

Liam, It sounds odd but I can't make my mind up if I like or loathe them. My sister & I go to the Chelsea Flower Show every year & this year we had a look at their products, as with most things in the right setting they probably look fantastic but calling that knife beautiful is OTT.

Liam, It sounds odd but I can't make my mind up if I like or loathe them. My sister & I go to the Chelsea Flower Show every year & this year we had a look at their products, as with most things in the right setting they probably look fantastic but calling that knife beautiful is OTT.

And doesn’t it streak? My OCD would make me polish it for England.

I bought an octopus dish from this range. When it arrived it was the size of the Ark Royal and I had nowhere to put it nor any occasion to use it. I think it's under the bed and it's got tarnished as well so can't even sell it. Serves me right for living in this fantasy world where I have dinner parties and hand round crustless sandwiches on my octopus tray to the Hermes drivers.

CC

The Ark Royal !!:mysmilie_15: good one !

You're not alone in fantasy land, I think at sometime we all believe in the Abbygale's Party scenario, with everything being party perfect. I've got some beautiful cake stands that are on display, but forget about them when anyone calls, so cakes are dished up on a plate from the cupboard !! and I've got enough Espresso (mini) cups to put on your Ark Royal, but end up having coffee in a large mug.

I bought an octopus dish from this range. When it arrived it was the size of the Ark Royal and I had nowhere to put it nor any occasion to use it. I think it's under the bed and it's got tarnished as well so can't even sell it. Serves me right for living in this fantasy world where I have dinner parties and hand round crustless sandwiches on my octopus tray to the Hermes drivers.

CC

The Ark Royal !!:mysmilie_15: good one !

You're not alone in fantasy land, I think at sometime we all believe in the Abbygale's Party scenario, with everything being party perfect. I've got some beautiful cake stands that are on display, but forget about them when anyone calls, so cakes are dished up on a plate from the cupboard !! and I've got enough Espresso (mini) cups to put on your Ark Royal, but end up having coffee in a large mug.

I'm the same. I have some really lovely dishes and "presentationware" which won't even go in my already stuffed cupboards so they are either in their boxes in the corner of the "dining room" (never dine in there - it's more of a walkway through to the kitchen) or in storage boxes on top of kitchen cabinets. I could never find them even if I remembered I had them, should a suitable occasion arise. None of it is from QVC, I hasten to add.

I quite like some of the CC range - I actually saw 10 minutes of the show last night. The guest (Anoushka?) is another one who goes on about homes (plural) and showing off the photos. Although, they did look nice so I'm probably just jealous.

Latest posts

Back