Big Deals 19/08/19 - 25/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Big Deals 19/08/19 - 25/08/19

Gatineau 5 Piece Perfection Ultimate Daily Skin Saviours Collection

Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 & Smart Plug

Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser

Lola Rose Regent Street Set of 2 Bracelets (Blue Mix, Crystal Mix, Forest Mix, Garnet Mix, Peach Mix)

Can't get link to work, nor find it in Q's useless search, nor does it find big deals.

What a shambles.

I had a look earlier, stratobuddy, as I was interested to see how it compared with the Amazon Prime Day offer I availed myself of! Amazon had a package which was two Echo Dots and a Smart Plug but the Big Deal is one Echo Dot and either one Smart Plug or two Smart Plugs. You probably worked that out, though. Lee Hohbein has posted (briefly) about it on Facebook.

Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.32.03.jpg

Sorry, that's only a small image. The text reads "All next week you’ll have the chance to make your home “smart” at an incredible price. Our BIG DEAL on QVC will be the latest Echo Dot (first time we’ve seen it on air) & a choice of either 1 or 2 smart plugs. More info to follow."

I need another smart plug, which costs an extortionate #25, so it may be cheaper to get the deal and have an extra dot to use in a different room.

NB #25 = 25 pounds, all my symbol keys have gone wrong

that is because it was only live for a brief few mins as its not meant to be launched till monday so it is not a shambles as they know what they are doing

I applaud your gallant defence of QVC, but I think you have a higher opinion of them than many of their actions can justify.

I need another smart plug, which costs an extortionate #25, so it may be cheaper to get the deal and have an extra dot to use in a different room.

NB #25 = 25 pounds, all my symbol keys have gone wrong

Yes, the plugs are a ridiculous price. There are some cheaper ones on Amazon - you'd have to check the reviews. No doubt you've already been looking. I bought one when Amazon had an offer which just popped up when I was ordering something else (you could only buy one). It was £9.99. Then I got the plug with two Dots on Prime Day which was a ridiculously good deal as the whole lot was less than the regular price of one Dot. (Weirdly, they said the plug was normally £49.98, which must have been a mistake as it was only one in the deal and that's the price of two.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Dot with single plug in the Big Deals is £38.98. I can't remember how much P&P is. Nor can I remember the twin pack price. I'm even doubting I've got the £38.98 right now! It sounds a bit low for QVC so don't pin your hopes on it, but it's stuck in my mind as a slightly odd price.

CORRECTION: D'oh!! I've just seen SCW put the prices in the post on the previous page. £38.98 and £72.98.

I had the offer of #9-99 as well with something I bought, but only for one,

They are very useful for plugs that are very inaccessible.

I have just corrected my post above as I see that SCW put the prices in the original post about it on p1. Sorry for being dozy.

The price for two plugs is silly, if that's right, because you are paying £34 for the second plug???

that is because it was only live for a brief few mins as its not meant to be launched till monday so it is not a shambles as they know what they are doing

QVC know what they are doing?! I wouldn't put money on it

I applaud your gallant defence of QVC, but I think you have a higher opinion of them than many of their actions can justify.

QVC don't even pretend to know what they are doing!!!

If it's just for an inaccessible plug you could just use a remote control extender.

I bought a pack of three from Lidl for under a tenner. They're great for lights etc.

If it's just for an inaccessible plug you could just use a remote control extender.

I bought a pack of three from Lidl for under a tenner. They're great for lights etc.

Love them! All my side table lamps are on one. I usually also have my Christmas tree on the remote control as well.

I probably have 100 remotes lying around (I did actually count them once) so being able to speak to turn something off is much easier than trying to find the right remote.

BTW when the phone rings, I sometimes pick up a remote to try and answer it, or, vice versa, I try to use my landline phone as a remote!

Love them! All my side table lamps are on one. I usually also have my Christmas tree on the remote control as well.

I stick my Christmas lights on them. too. No more knocking ornaments off the tree. I leave that to my naughty dog. I don't know how he does it but every few days there's an ornament on his bed (in one piece thankfully). He knows he's banned but he must sneak in if I've forgotten to close the door after me. He's wised up to trying when he's in the room with us.

I know they're pretty but dog-attractive? Anyone else's dog do this?

Latest posts

Back