Alison Cork TSV 12/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not over keen on dark bedding. I like my bedrooms to be light as possible, having been brought up with 'dark brown' furniture all over the house, I now steer away from dark furnishings and most of my furniture is pale grey or white.

Ochre sounds nice. However, eighty pounds delivered so I'm suggesting they could have included the pillow shams for that price. I also don't like this one size doesn't fit all. Why not do sizes that fit standard sized beds? I have a lovely KH bedspread and also a lighter weight one from the catalogue so nice as this may be, I'm not spending £80 on it.

CC

its a lot of money but I really want the green bedspread I have a green bedstead from John Lewis for the Green room and this would look opulent...I wonder how it will wash though

They had something similar to this TSV, most of this range really, a few weeks ago in the new huge Home and Bargain a minutes walk from were we live, I love visiting it, it’s on a mini retail park surrounded by wooded area it’s a lovely place to stroll round and do some shopping, anyhoo, it was £19.99. :mysmilie_3:

Alison Cork seem a nice lady but I have yet to see anything in her collection that I would buy. Her throws/bedspreads look nice but I would not want mine trailing the floor. She said this morning that she has got a 7ft bed.I can watch her as she don't seem to do the hard sell.

Kathy, you're right in not wanting to have bedding trailing on the floor (or 'puddling' as Alison calls it).

On my last visit to my brother and his wife in Yorkshire, I got up and walked around the bottom of the bed - with a half cup of tea in my hand, then suddenly went headlong onto the floor because my foot got caught in the bedspread that was trailing. I landed on my elbow, the tea went everywhere and resulted in black bruising from elbow to hand. To say I was shaken up is an understatement. My brother heard me scream and helped me up, I recovered fairly quickly but the injuries could have been a lot worse.

Yes, this 'look' does look glamorous, but as most accidents happen in the home, my bedding is firmly raised up from the floor.

I don't like bedspreads trailing on the floor either as I always trip on them and either headbutt the wall or fall precariously near to the window (which isn't wide open for that very reason!). I didn't like the TSV when I saw it, I thought most of the colours were a bit garish for my liking. I did like that fluffy throw though in the eucalyptus but I didn't go for it as I've got tons of blankets/slankets/furry throws/flat throws/ faux sherpas blah blah. I am getting used to window shopping only :mysmilie_50:

CC

Kelly Hoppen did a pin tuck bedcover ages ago.

These type of covers seem thick and very bulky to me, requiring bedrooms with plenty space.
They put me in mind of large Victorian, Edwardian high ceiling fireplaced bedrooms, were the bed isn’t crammed in and doesn’t look to take over the room.

My whole house is tiny so thick bulky items in the very small bedrooms wouldn't do. The KH geometric one that I have is quite flat but warm and I like it much better. I also have to consider how easy it will be to get the dog hair off such an item and whether it will fit in the washing machine.

CC

My whole house is tiny so thick bulky items in the very small bedrooms wouldn't do. The KH geometric one that I have is quite flat but warm and I like it much better. I also have to consider how easy it will be to get the dog hair off such an item and whether it will fit in the washing machine.

CC

Yes they do keep saying it’s machine washable but it looks rather bulky to fit in a standard home machine

My thoughts exactly ! it looks huge for the laundrette machines let alone a domestic one. And I agree about dog/cat hairs, they're a pig to get off velvet so an area like the size of a bed would be a no no in my home.

I like the look of 'puddled' bed covers & curtains but agree that they are a trip hazard. They also an escalator for spiders...

Totally agree, it does seem very expensive doesn't it?
And until she came to Q, I'd never actually heard of Alison Cork, although I do like most of her tat to be honest.
But nah, on this occasion, I'm most definitely out.

I first saw her over 20 years ago on a programme called Home In The Country & then she did Countdown To Christmas which our younger daughter loved. We recorded it on VHS & then put it on DVD, she is 30 next week & STILL watches it in the run-up to Christmas.

Latest posts

Back