Get Real QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
So fed up with presenters and guests making ridiculous suggestions about items they are selling. Jackie Joseph is particularly guilty of this. I am fed up hearing about a particular item of clothing being perfect for those early evening aperitifs, or wearing something to the races, the ballet and afternoon tea. Don’t get me started on cruises, the Captains Table, city breaks....,,,I have a reasonable standard of living but it involves very little of any of the aforementioned. So little in fact that I would not need to be giving much thought for a dress or wrap for my aperitifs for example. One or two people I know who might possibly live that lifestyle definitely do not shop with QVC! Anyway, enough of that. I am off to take breakfast on my terrace before I meet my friends for brunch in town.

Darling, I loved your post & read it while enjoying the early morning sun in the sitting area of our bedroom. However, I have to get on as I have a busy day with tennis, hair & manicure appointments & then lunch with my goddaughter to talk over plans for her wedding in Ravello next spring. Note to self - tell the cleaner not to use a metal scourer on the Culinary Concepts octupi.

People who live those lives don't shop from the telly as we all know. I'm off to steam mop my kitchen floor and pot up some plug plants before I head off to work. Tonight I won't be visiting Timothy and Jocasta for aperitifs, I'll be eating fish and chips, walking the dog and watching the footy on the TV. I won't be buying anything I don't need from QVC. I'm having a big halt on buying what turns out to be yet more clutter.

CC

Jackie Joseph drives me nut. Just watch her and notice how many "y'know" she comes out with. Its incessant.

If there was a dishcloth hanging on the rail, according to the presenters it would be suitable for everything from cleaning out the cat's tray to a palace garden party.

Honestly ? everyone of us on here could do their job, stroking a garment, raving about the tiny splodges of 'blush' in the stunning print, the beautiful lining (what?), on and on and on it goes.

If your capable of describing anything, from an egg cup to an eek ring then anyone can do it.

Edna whilst sitting in her sheltered housing flat and watching QVC on TV dreams of her nightly trip to the residents lounge for a game of bingo.
She carefully plans her outfit and accessories according to Q`s style guru. Her Kimmy stretch top will give her comfort around her midriff after her hotpot supper and her Renee with control trousers will disguise her Tena Lady bulge.
The Kipling bag will hold her umpteen felt pens and bingo markers just in case half the other residents forget theirs and she has to help them out cos a bingo game is no good without players with pens. Seeing as many of them forget what day it is let alone remember their bingo pens she expects to need many pens so the Kipling is ideal for such a purpose.
Her fluffy Kipling monkey is her lucky mascot and she strokes him regularly throughout the evening in the hope he`ll bring her luck. He`s called Boris and his wayward fluffy hairstyle makes Edna want to ruffle him constantly.
Her Diamonique earrings,plus rings on several fingers and stacked tennis and friendship bracelets make her a target for the moaners on her bingo table. The constant clacking of them hitting the tabletop annoys them but Edna finds the sound strangely comforting because it reminds her of her late husband and his badly fitting false teeth.
The bingo caller asks for the lights to be dimmed as Edna`s sparkle from her eek rings and earrings are blinding him and he`s confusing 2 little ducks with 2 fat ladies.
The hotpot supper is laid out in huge Le Crueset dishes lifted onto the serving counter by the in house cherry picker for people to help themselves but they need a shovel to scrape the hotpot from the bottom of the pot where the heavy steel which has generated so much heat it has welded it. After the hotpot tasteless biscuits in even more tasteless tins are served with a cuppa. They all keep an eye on Bert who nicks the tins for his pigeon food and Doris who also steals them to store the large rubber buttons from her Miss Mary Of Sweden corset suspenders.
Edna loves her Emu boots to bits and her bunions have never felt so comfortable not to mention the corn on her little toe which is giving her hell. The Emus`s hide a multitude of corn plasters and dry skin but at least her ankles look classy if a little baggy.
After bingo the climax to her evening is to air kiss her friends goodnight and leaving behind a strong waft of Tova which the kitchen staff mistake as tomorrows egg mayo gone off so they squirt the whole place with Poo Pouri to mask the smell.
Edna retires to her room to spend the final 3 hours of her night cleansing, exfoliating, toning, masking, oiling, serum-ing and moisturising her face in the hope she`ll look 20 years younger by the morning.
Finally Edna takes off her boots, kisses Boris goodnight, hangs up her clothes, packs away her beauty regime into the large Amanda Holden trunk she keeps it in and then snuggles into her cozee home bedding which makes her sneeze from the bits it moults all over the bedroom floor but keeps her warm as toast until she has a hot sweat and has to turn on her Dyson fan. Goodnight from Edna !

That's brilliant Vienna! You ought to spend a week at Flinty's b& b and write a book.
QVC try to imply an exclusivity or status if we buy their products. They create the world of cruising , Ascot, lunching, Captain's tables ,tea with the Queen etc to lure people in.In fact , most of what they sell can be bought online or on the High Street.I cannot imagine anyone cruising in one of the huge shapeless dresses they often have on offer.One good gust of wind and it would be bye bye.:mysmilie_19:

Excellent, I haven't laughed so much in ages! I've thought the same before but also noticed that, in QVCland, you are either a TV celebrity or you work in an office. I've never once heard them say any of their products are suitable for anyone who works in a shop, factory or out of doors, for instance. And if you are in the office, then it's likely to be a corner office with your name on the door.

QVC are too taken up with brands and being high end and they seem to fail to hit the mark on either. I often wonder who buys some of their tat but I guess no-one does, which is why you see it all on the endless carousel again and again and...

Jackie Joseph drives me nut. Just watch her and notice how many "y'know" she comes out with. Its incessant.

If there was a dishcloth hanging on the rail, according to the presenters it would be suitable for everything from cleaning out the cat's tray to a palace garden party.

Honestly ? everyone of us on here could do their job, stroking a garment, raving about the tiny splodges of 'blush' in the stunning print, the beautiful lining (what?), on and on and on it goes.

If your capable of describing anything, from an egg cup to an eek ring then anyone can do it.

Watched The Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio the other night. At the end he gives a seminar to people who want to sell and gives a pen and asks a few to sell him that pen. We all know who’d take credit for that idea!

And they ALL have a problem with air conditioning ! Its always the restaurant or the theatre that has chilly aircon down the neck, so what about supermarket freezers then ? My world doesn't include frequent eating out ( I cook a far nicer meal than anything an expensive café dishes up), and my finances do not run to being a regular theatre goer either, BUT I do walk down the aisles of supermarket freezers, so its funny how they are never mentioned.

And they ALL have a problem with air conditioning ! Its always the restaurant or the theatre that has chilly aircon down the neck, so what about supermarket freezers then ? My world doesn't include frequent eating out ( I cook a far nicer meal than anything an expensive café dishes up), and my finances do not run to being a regular theatre goer either, BUT I do walk down the aisles of supermarket freezers, so its funny how they are never mentioned.

Far too ordinary.

People who live those lives don't shop from the telly as we all know. I'm off to steam mop my kitchen floor and pot up some plug plants before I head off to work. Tonight I won't be visiting Timothy and Jocasta for aperitifs, I'll be eating fish and chips, walking the dog and watching the footy on the TV. I won't be buying anything I don't need from QVC. I'm having a big halt on buying what turns out to be yet more clutter.

CC

I read this as plug in some pot plants! Not casting aspersions, it's just the way my mind works smetimes.

QVC have shot themselves in the foot now, selling items much dearer than anywhere else just to look bespoke, when it’s really to cover presenter/staff freebies and massive overheads. Ideal World have Bank Holiday weekend with everything free p&p, could you imagine QVC doing that, they wouldn’t lower themselves, maybe that’s why Ideal World is charging ahead were as QVC is left trailing behind, stale and old fashioned.

IW are doing a blockbuster Elizabeth Grant deal. Anyone tried the range before? Seems a huge deal but not if it's just your Prai type average products. Flexi and free postage. Tempting but not sure if you can use then return if you don't like it.

CC

Brilliant post from @Vienna, parts of which could be used to review said products on the QVC website. "...and the absolute best thing about this Kim & Co Printed Brazil Jersey Elbow Sleeve Swing Dress is that it completely disguises my Tena Lady bulge."

Last edited:
IW are doing a blockbuster Elizabeth Grant deal. Anyone tried the range before? Seems a huge deal but not if it's just your Prai type average products. Flexi and free postage. Tempting but not sure if you can use then return if you don't like it.

CC

I use Elizabeth Grant, as we know no lotion and potion is a miracle in a bottle, but I always buy the Blockbuster and Pick Of The Day, everyone is different but yes it really does like my skin. Yes you can use it and return it back free through Asda, so when Chuntley says “risk free shopping” Ideal World really is.

QVC have shot themselves in the foot now, selling items much dearer than anywhere else just to look bespoke, when it’s really to cover presenter/staff freebies and massive overheads. Ideal World have Bank Holiday weekend with everything free p&p, could you imagine QVC doing that, they wouldn’t lower themselves, maybe that’s why Ideal World is charging ahead were as QVC is left trailing behind, stale and old fashioned.

I can hear the hyperventilation at the thought!

I use Elizabeth Grant, as we know no lotion and potion is a miracle in a bottle, but I always buy the Blockbuster and Pick Of The Day, everyone is different but yes it really does like my skin. Yes you can use it and return it back free through Asda, so when Chuntley says “risk free shopping” Ideal World really is.

I have read your posts about the Elizabeth Grant range and have just placed my first order, the blockbuster. It looks good and a great deal. I have tried the QVC offerings and most have proved to be nothing special and expensive, especially when postage is factored in. The Elizabeth Grant comes with no p&p!

I have read your posts about the Elizabeth Grant range and have just placed my first order, the blockbuster. It looks good and a great deal. I have tried the QVC offerings and most have proved to be nothing special and expensive, especially when postage is factored in. The Elizabeth Grant comes with no p&p!

Yay! Aw I hope you like it Evie. All our skin really needs is moisturising to keep it soft, I suppose our skin is like leather and if you don’t keep it soft, it cracks, if you know what I mean. :mysmilie_17:

QVC brands know this but charge a lot of money for it, saying that though, it’s only Ideal World were you get good prices on Elizabeth Grant, it’s actually not that cheap anywhere else, in other countries it’s dearer again. :mysmilie_3:

If you don’t like it in the fourteen days Evie, don’t throw it away, you get a “To You” leaflet that you just put your name and order number on, stick it to the box, scan it in Asda and pop it in the box collections box. It’s tracked too so you’ll know when they get it back, and it’s free xxx

Latest posts

Back