Ruth Langsford TSV 21/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don’t get this thing about I’m in x size, but if I wanted to fasten it I’d go up a size
Who buys a garment you can’t fasten???
All this you don’t wear this item closed, flipping heck if I’m buying something, no ones telling me I can’t wear it closed.
I’d certainly be ordering my correct size and make sure I’d be able to fasten it should I ever want to.

EXACTLY !

I've noticed though that buying and squeezing into garments that are too small seems to be the norm these days. I saw Ali Young on her beauty show in what looked like a pink velvet frock - well my God it was so snug around the bust, waist and arms that she looked like a bag of s... (sugar) tied up in the middle, and the flared skirt made her look bigger.

Then today in one of the Sunday's, I saw Ant's (ant and dec) live in lover pictured in also a pink dress that fitted where it touched - and him with all his money couldn't buy her a frock that fitted ????

Last Thursday I went to see the Manfreds in concert (absolutely brilliant and highly recommend - Paul Jones amaaazing for 77), anyway, it was a revelation sitting in the audience seeing all these later than middle aged women squashed into tops that showed every lump and bump. It was actually quite grotesque. So WHAT is going on ? because its certainly not attractive, and judging from the comments of my brothers and nephews, a complete turn off for blokes !

Julia Roberts looks as ridiculous as she sounds with clothes two sizes too small, just because she squeezes those chesticles in to a small, don’t make her a small.

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_17: That made me laugh

EXACTLY !

I've noticed though that buying and squeezing into garments that are too small seems to be the norm these days. I saw Ali Young on her beauty show in what looked like a pink velvet frock - well my God it was so snug around the bust, waist and arms that she looked like a bag of s... (sugar) tied up in the middle, and the flared skirt made her look bigger.

Then today in one of the Sunday's, I saw Ant's (ant and dec) live in lover pictured in also a pink dress that fitted where it touched - and him with all his money couldn't buy her a frock that fitted ????

Last Thursday I went to see the Manfreds in concert (absolutely brilliant and highly recommend - Paul Jones amaaazing for 77), anyway, it was a revelation sitting in the audience seeing all these later than middle aged women squashed into tops that showed every lump and bump. It was actually quite grotesque. So WHAT is going on ? because its certainly not attractive, and judging from the comments of my brothers and nephews, a complete turn off for blokes !

Brissles, I could have written this post! I agree with everything, especially the comments about The Manfreds (& their audiences) we've seen them a few times & Paul Jones is amazing, I bought my Mr T a harmonica as a small Christmas gift last year, he hasn't yet mastered the art. AY looked a fright in that awful dress but we're all supposed to be confident, not remove facial or body hair & let it all hang out or over. I dread the thought that the next thing to be accepted will be poor personal hygiene & not brushing your teeth.

EXACTLY !

Its funny you should say that about women showing their lumps and bumps as I have an obsession about mine. I often wonder if they ever look in the mirror before they go out because I do and hopefully I look quite presentable most of the time. I went abroad on holiday a few weeks ago and took a couple of dresses I bought from qvc which looked ok but I felt they showed too many of my sticky out bits so I bought some shapewear. However, I looked around at people and thought, actually I dont look nearly as bad as them so I didnt bother with the shapewear especially as it was quite hot. I did feel a bit self conscious though but hey ho I was abroad and no one knew me.

I dont know why people try to pour a quart into a pint pot because they would look so much better if they went up a size. Lets face it no one looks at the label. I do think there will be a lot of lumps and bumps on show with Ruth's tsv because it seemed a bit clingy to me.

Just seen AY on the 4pm hour in what looks like a kaftan style dressing gown, full length flapping about, awful colours too.She is quite petite in height too this ‘thing’ makes her look huge.

Ive noticed lately that she hasn't been wearing her wedding ring. I wonder if she has put some weight on and it doesnt fit any more.

AY may have put some weight on, Does she not have some health problems which cause weight gain? That would be understandable but she does not have to resort to that kaftan thing she is wearing tonight.I have seen her in more tailored garments and she looks so much better, just get them to skim the body not tight as to cause creases.

She’s got an under active thyroid like me and if left untreated can cause weight gain, but she’ll be on daily Thyroxine and have her blood taken every six to twelve months to keep the levels right so weight gain shouldn’t happen because of Hypothyroidism, now chocolate, crisps and cakes that’s another matter. :mysmilie_17:

Just seen AY on the 4pm hour in what looks like a kaftan style dressing gown, full length flapping about, awful colours too.She is quite petite in height too this ‘thing’ makes her look huge.

Wow! That is even worse than what I imagined! I’m assuming this isn’t sold on QVC?!

It's vile. I showed my Mr T & he said it looked like a horse blanket so maybe she's had it made out of one that was lying around the stable. Jemma Forte looked badly put together in the MB hour as well, don't these people look in a mirror before going on set?

She’s got an under active thyroid like me and if left untreated can cause weight gain, but she’ll be on daily Thyroxine and have her blood taken every six to twelve months to keep the levels right so weight gain shouldn’t happen because of Hypothyroidism, now chocolate, crisps and cakes that’s another matter. :mysmilie_17:

When I was put on Levothyroxine I thought I was going to lose weight. Unfortunately I didnt and that was about 5 years ago. However, as you say, chocolate, crisps and cakes is another matter

Yes when I was on HRT I went to my GP and said I thought I was putting on weight because of it.The reply was I think it is something to do with food & drink, no sympathy there then!

When I was put on Levothyroxine I thought I was going to lose weight. Unfortunately I didnt and that was about 5 years ago. However, as you say, chocolate, crisps and cakes is another matter
I have been on Levothyroxine for twenty years and find it impossible to lose weight. There is an under active thyroid group on Facebook and it has been an eye opener seeing problems a lot of people have.

My mum was diagnosed with myxedema in her early 40s & once it was stabilised she was on liothyronine for the rest of her life. My sister was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism when she was in her 40s, has been on levothyroxine for the last 15 years & struggles with her weight, she is a wonderful cook though. At her last check up the GP told her that most mild cases are over-treated & she is looking at coming off medication because it's not dealing with the symptoms.

Thanks I might see if I can find it. I had my dosage increased not so long back.

It's called underactive thyroid UK. My dosage was also increased a few months ago and I was told to take it on an empty stomach an hour before breakfast which had never been mentioned before.

Latest posts

Back