Ruth Langsford TSV 21/09/19 - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ruth's "style" is definitely NOT my style so, whenever she has a TSV, my money is safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    I saw Julia wearing the berry one . Nothing about it suited her. Style, colour were all wrong. I really donít think the jet black hair colour suits her and she needs some advice about her shade of foundation but I am sure she thinks her look is stunning. Anyway, I digress! I wonít be buying this expensive top.
    I agree & wrote the following on the Julia's Idea thread:
    'She lives on a different planet & if she's wearing Ruthie's TSV she's not doing it any favours'.
    Likes shopperholic , brissles , Evie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toril View Post
    Ruth's "style" is definitely NOT my style so, whenever she has a TSV, my money is safe.
    Yep, have to agree.

Being over 50 is a sticky one for style. You don't want to look like your Mum did at that age, but hairstyle and 'face-age' are big factors in how your 'style' comes across. Walk around any supermarket and see the number of ladies who are 50+ and how many have short layered grey hair wearing glasses. Then there are those who have badly conditioned bleached (and long) blonde hair which doesn't square with an ageing face.

Middle / maturing ageing is so tricky to get right without looking old beyond your years, or trying to retain your youth.

Ruth's range is pretty bland and ok for going out to work, or for those who want to 'blend in' - and stuff that will guarantee QVC a sale. 'My' style used to be offered me when Dreamkeeper sold their velvet and tasselled jackets, so I suppose my wardrobe could now be considered 'vintage' !!!! which I'm certainly not going to get with Nina Leonard and the rest of the clone brands.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=brissles;956570]Yep, have to agree.

Being over 50 is a sticky one for style. You don't want to look like your Mum did at that age, but hairstyle and 'face-age' are big factors in how your 'style' comes across. Walk around any supermarket and see the number of ladies who are 50+ and how many have short layered grey hair wearing glasses. Then there are those who have badly conditioned bleached (and long) blonde hair which doesn't square with an ageing face.

Middle / maturing ageing is so tricky to get right without looking old beyond your years, or trying to retain your youth.

Ruth's range is pretty bland and ok for going out to work, or for those who want to 'blend in' - and stuff that will guarantee QVC a sale. 'My' style used to be offered me when Dreamkeeper sold their velvet and tasselled jackets, so I suppose my wardrobe could now be considered 'vintage' !!!! which I'm certainly not going to get with Nina Leonard and the rest of the clone brands.[/QUOTE

From all the things you've written I imagine you to be a one off with a fair amount of Joanna Lumley thrown in for good measure. For the record I love JL & she shares top spot for being my style icon with Lady Penelope..!
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at this live - no way does it justify the price. Model Catherine looks nice, Maxine looks a complete sight and the other model is just about OK. There is absolutely no point to the zip apart from it's a feature. Incredibly popular apparently.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Too long and shows every lump and bump, not what we need.

Post Thanks / Like

Ruthie must be watching the old re-runs of Coronation Street and channelling her inner Bet Lynch.
    Likes Fallen Angel , Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Ruthie must be watching the old re-runs of Coronation Street and channelling her inner Bet Lynch.
    She's defo done that. I've always liked animal print but this is just too much & is more of hug than a tunic! I loved Corrie when it was real & funny, especially the banter between Bet & Alec.
    Likes Evie , candycane, Anna , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ruth is trying to do classic wear, but imo it is not working. l like classic clothes but I haven't been tempted by any of Ruth's offerings up to now. I do like Ruth and wish her well.
    Likes Linwood liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    She's defo done that. I've always liked animal print but this is just too much & is more of hug than a tunic! I loved Corrie when it was real & funny, especially the banter between Bet & Alec.
    Yes! I loved watching Bet and Alec, it’s gone through that part on ITV 3 now and he left a couple of months ago, they were great together, comedy gold.
    Likes Twilight liked this post