Ruth Langsford TSV 21/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like jumpers but I don't like QVCs prices, however, usually Asda copy some of their things so I might get lucky and get similar for quarter of the price.

CC

Could be the return of the jean jacket ! QVC have been known to duplicate if one has proved to be successful.

Watched a documentary the other night and Ruth and Eamon were on a clip and I’m not kidding, Ruth Langsford looked older then in 2009 than she does now. Hmmmm Wonder why?

Ruth Langsford Animal Print Top TSV 21/09/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.179419

Ruth Langsford TSV 1.jpg

Ruth Langsford TSV 2.jpg

Sorry, I know she's popular with many, but her fashion style is not for me. I find her stuff too...... stiff and stuffy. Ok if you still work and need to be smart, but even Ruth herself doesn't look comfortable in what she wears.

I saw her recently wearing a black blazer with a white top, which could barely contain her muffin top,so she kept trying to close her jacket. Not a good look on tv when selling your range. Tonight she's in a jumpsuit with court shoes, but even that doesn't look good.

Jane the model defied description in a hideous maxi print dress and a size 18 biker jacket that was too tight on her. She's another one that never seems to look half decent on the catwalk, as everything is too tight on her.

I much prefer the style of Joanna Lumley - elegant, modern and free flowing - and 14 years older than Ruth !

Too boring and similar available everywhere at around £15. This will probably be double that. I like Ruth but she dresses quite frumpy and I can't see myself in any of her range, although she did some nice coloured jumpers but they were far too pricey for what they were so I went to Bon Marche and got almost the same for £8 each.

CC

Animal print clothing, shoes, boots etc everywhere at the moment and ranging from Primark cheapies to hundreds of pounds. This offering from Q looks bog standard, nothing special and a style I`ve seen elsewhere and it will be interesting to see the price plus delivery, especially as there are so many discounts, voucher codes and choices online and in the DHS.

I know that 'animal print' has been in favour for years, but I'm of the age that was around when Coronation Street first aired, and I still cant get out of the Bet Lynch mindset when I see leopard print ! it still smacks of ladies of the night for me, and I don't suit it anyway, so its not for me.

Too boring and similar available everywhere at around £15. This will probably be double that. I like Ruth but she dresses quite frumpy and I can't see myself in any of her range, although she did some nice coloured jumpers but they were far too pricey for what they were so I went to Bon Marche and got almost the same for £8 each.

CC
I agree! It seems that Ruth Langsford has been "chosen" as the middle aged woman's fashion icon. Lord knows why..Maybe it's because she's on our screens every day, so lots of people see her! I can't imagine feeling good about saying to someone who'd complimented something I was wearing.....Ooh it's "Ruth Langsford"...Not quite the same ring as Victoria Beckham, and she at least designs her own clothes. I could be wrong but doesn't Ruth just endorse stuff and allow her name to be put to them....She's a good presenter, and she should stick to that imvho!

They must think we are so gullible. Ruth does not have a background in fashion anymore than I have. As for Kathy Taylor and fashion with Kathy, oh please!

Also what is it with the plethora of ugly shoes? Too pointed and too white! Let’s not forget the who boots. Their feet look enormous and a bit comical. Maybe it’s just me?

Ruth also endorses other brands such as Roman Originals. She wears their stuff on air during her morning prog unlike the QVC stuff which she never seems to wear outside the studio.

Ruth also endorses other brands such as Roman Originals. She wears their stuff on air during her morning prog unlike the QVC stuff which she never seems to wear outside the studio.

There was a comment/question read out last evening, it was either done to the show with Jackie and Ruth in a tweet or by a Facebook post.
I didn’t hear what was read out but by the answer if must have referenced Ruth not wearing her range or any of the QVC clothing on This Morning.
Because then Jackie quickly jumped in stating Ruth was not allowed to wear other than what she does, due to a contractual agreement.
Ruth then slipped in that she always wears her range out and about but not on air on ITV. But then went into great detail as to what she had arrived to Q wearing for that evenings show.

For me I cant see the point of the programme at all. She just stands there stroking and pulling every item, with a cursory description. Any one of us could do that standing in Bon Marche !

(as an aside, I think it was discovered years ago that Victoria Beckham has a huge team of designers working for her, as she has had no designer training at all, so wouldn't know a dart from a selvedge - she just 'liked' fashion,but having a few bob in the bank helped start her hobby)

I agree! It seems that Ruth Langsford has been "chosen" as the middle aged woman's fashion icon. Lord knows why..Maybe it's because she's on our screens every day, so lots of people see her! I can't imagine feeling good about saying to someone who'd complimented something I was wearing.....Ooh it's "Ruth Langsford"...Not quite the same ring as Victoria Beckham, and she at least designs her own clothes. I could be wrong but doesn't Ruth just endorse stuff and allow her name to be put to them....She's a good presenter, and she should stick to that imvho!

I may be wrong so I apologise but if VB designs her own clothes I could be struck down.I have some knowledge of what is required to take an idea to coat hanger and neither VB or RL have the experience or expertise to do so.They tick their likes and leave the nitty gritty to others with knowledge & experience.

I apologise profusely for my previous comment, there may be animal print tops available from other retailers but it's the back zip detail that sets this one apart...

I apologise profusely for my previous comment, there may be animal print tops available from other retailers but it's the back zip detail that sets this one apart...

Ha ha! I noticed the zip & thought yikes! The top, I feel would be wearable were it not for the horrid zip. Also, I think Ruth's in the pic is too small for her.

Latest posts

Back