Ruth Langsford TSV 21/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruth's "style" is definitely NOT my style so, whenever she has a TSV, my money is safe.

I saw Julia wearing the berry one . Nothing about it suited her. Style, colour were all wrong. I really don’t think the jet black hair colour suits her and she needs some advice about her shade of foundation but I am sure she thinks her look is stunning. Anyway, I digress! I won’t be buying this expensive top.
I agree & wrote the following on the Julia's Idea thread:
'She lives on a different planet & if she's wearing Ruthie's TSV she's not doing it any favours'.

Ruth's "style" is definitely NOT my style so, whenever she has a TSV, my money is safe.

Yep, have to agree.

Being over 50 is a sticky one for style. You don't want to look like your Mum did at that age, but hairstyle and 'face-age' are big factors in how your 'style' comes across. Walk around any supermarket and see the number of ladies who are 50+ and how many have short layered grey hair wearing glasses. Then there are those who have badly conditioned bleached (and long) blonde hair which doesn't square with an ageing face.

Middle / maturing ageing is so tricky to get right without looking old beyond your years, or trying to retain your youth.

Ruth's range is pretty bland and ok for going out to work, or for those who want to 'blend in' - and stuff that will guarantee QVC a sale. 'My' style used to be offered me when Dreamkeeper sold their velvet and tasselled jackets, so I suppose my wardrobe could now be considered 'vintage' !!!! which I'm certainly not going to get with Nina Leonard and the rest of the clone brands.

Yep, have to agree.

Being over 50 is a sticky one for style. You don't want to look like your Mum did at that age, but hairstyle and 'face-age' are big factors in how your 'style' comes across. Walk around any supermarket and see the number of ladies who are 50+ and how many have short layered grey hair wearing glasses. Then there are those who have badly conditioned bleached (and long) blonde hair which doesn't square with an ageing face.

Middle / maturing ageing is so tricky to get right without looking old beyond your years, or trying to retain your youth.

Ruth's range is pretty bland and ok for going out to work, or for those who want to 'blend in' - and stuff that will guarantee QVC a sale. 'My' style used to be offered me when Dreamkeeper sold their velvet and tasselled jackets, so I suppose my wardrobe could now be considered 'vintage' !!!! which I'm certainly not going to get with Nina Leonard and the rest of the clone brands.[/QUOTE

From all the things you've written I imagine you to be a one off with a fair amount of Joanna Lumley thrown in for good measure. For the record I love JL & she shares top spot for being my style icon with Lady Penelope..!

Just looking at this live - no way does it justify the price. Model Catherine looks nice, Maxine looks a complete sight and the other model is just about OK. There is absolutely no point to the zip apart from it's a feature. Incredibly popular apparently.

CC

Ruthie must be watching the old re-runs of Coronation Street and channelling her inner Bet Lynch.

She's defo done that. I've always liked animal print but this is just too much & is more of hug than a tunic! I loved Corrie when it was real & funny, especially the banter between Bet & Alec.

I think Ruth is trying to do classic wear, but imo it is not working. l like classic clothes but I haven't been tempted by any of Ruth's offerings up to now. I do like Ruth and wish her well.

She's defo done that. I've always liked animal print but this is just too much & is more of hug than a tunic! I loved Corrie when it was real & funny, especially the banter between Bet & Alec.

Yes! I loved watching Bet and Alec, it’s gone through that part on ITV 3 now and he left a couple of months ago, they were great together, comedy gold.

It doesn't say much for her fashion expertise bringing that top as a TSV, the design is wrong in every way and she must know that, plus the price is an insult. Jackie K in her tight top, pleather leggings & high heels looked ridiculous. Then on came the biker jackets that no-one could pull far enough across one boob let alone two!

Just looking at this live - no way does it justify the price. Model Catherine looks nice, Maxine looks a complete sight and the other model is just about OK. There is absolutely no point to the zip apart from it's a feature. Incredibly popular apparently.

CC

It must be bad if Maxine can't make it work, she's normally on the money.

It doesn't say much for her fashion expertise bringing that top as a TSV, the design is wrong in every way and she must know that, plus the price is an insult. Jackie K in her tight top, pleather leggings & high heels looked ridiculous. Then on came the biker jackets that no-one could pull far enough across one boob let alone two!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this jacket looks rubbish on anyone who has a bust !

As for the tsv, well, that just looks rubbish. RL is on now and it fits where it touches on her. Whats the matter with these people, just go up a size !

I saw Julia wearing the berry one . Nothing about it suited her. Style, colour were all wrong. I really don’t think the jet black hair colour suits her and she needs some advice about her shade of foundation but I am sure she thinks her look is stunning. Anyway, I digress! I won’t be buying this expensive top.

It looked ridiculous on Julia. Might have helped if she had worn a bigger size.......not a good look at all. I also noticed her phoney "posh" voice is back.....................:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

It looked ridiculous on Julia. Might have helped if she had worn a bigger size.......not a good look at all. I also noticed her phoney "posh" voice is back.....................:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:
She's been described as 'giddy', I think she's hyper & yes, the "posh" voice is alive & well.

[/SIZE][/B]

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this jacket looks rubbish on anyone who has a bust !

As for the tsv, well, that just looks rubbish. RL is on now and it fits where it touches on her. Whats the matter with these people, just go up a size !

I saw a snippet of the Nina Leonard show yesterday with Queen Julia & Jacqui Joseph. They were looking at a knitted tunic & JJ said she'd size up, considering the TSV is smaller on hip than chest I'd have to size up twice.

[/SIZE][/B]

Don’t get this thing about I’m in x size, but if I wanted to fasten it I’d go up a size
Who buys a garment you can’t fasten???
All this you don’t wear this item closed, flipping heck if I’m buying something, no ones telling me I can’t wear it closed.
I’d certainly be ordering my correct size and make sure I’d be able to fasten it should I ever want to.

That TSV was so expensive and in my opinion misleading in its presentation. It was often tucked up/ under to make it look shorter.

As for Julia being faux posh, there is no doubt! She is never convincingly “posh” and when she tries to be she can’t sustain it. She is too aware of what she is trying to present to make her any different from the vast majority of us. The people I know who had privileged backgrounds, Oxbridge etc., don’t ask, are never aware of being “posh” and there is nothing forced or pretend about them.

Julia Roberts looks as ridiculous as she sounds with clothes two sizes too small, just because she squeezes those chesticles in to a small, don’t make her a small.

I liked the TSV but not enough to pay that price for it. also liked the scarf but overall a lot of money

Latest posts

Back