Super Shoppers Channel 4

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is piss poor. Where on earth in the country (& 21st Century?) is your Doctor's surgery, Alter Ego?

Mine was previously in Edinburgh - thought you''d get good service eh? Now I'm in the Borders. Worse. Done' know about alter's, I hope it's better than mine.

C

CC, dont you have to go for an annual review? My doctor wont issue a prescription if the annual review date is overdue. I always try to stock up just before in case they suddenly knock something off, or the NHS no longer do it!

Used to some time ago. New docs don't care. I don't like any of them that I've seen. I think if I asked for morphine they'd just do it lol. I feel ill a lot of the time but hey ho, I come on this forum and it makes me laugh :mysmilie_59:

C

Thank you, all, for your support.

I live in rural Wales so no choice plus the towns (if you're able to travel) won't take you on if you're already registered.

I did complain about the treatment my mother was having with a long illness. It was rare so she was trotted out in lecture rooms for new students. My mum didn't mind allowing students to learn about her condition but when I realised that her consultant wasn't treating her very well despite profiting and earning a name for himself over her case I went a bit mad.

Bottom line, though, try complaining about healthcare professionals. You get nowhere as ranks close. On top of that I noticed that as a family we started having problems with many others. Sometimes it's better to put up and shut up. If I had the money I would go private. At least when you pay you get eye contact and spoken to like an adult.

Used to some time ago. New docs don't care. I don't like any of them that I've seen. I think if I asked for morphine they'd just do it lol. I feel ill a lot of the time but hey ho, I come on this forum and it makes me laugh :mysmilie_59:

C

As someone who knows first hand what a kind and generous person you are, I'm very, very sorry that you don't get the care you deserve,

My mum was one of the kindest ladies I've ever known and she got treated really shabbily, too.

What on earth is happening in the NHS these days? I don't for one minute think it's all down to money. Any thoughts?

Thank you, all, for your support.

I live in rural Wales so no choice plus the towns (if you're able to travel) won't take you on if you're already registered.

I did complain about the treatment my mother was having with a long illness. It was rare so she was trotted out in lecture rooms for new students. My mum didn't mind allowing students to learn about her condition but when I realised that her consultant wasn't treating her very well despite profiting and earning a name for himself over her case I went a bit mad.

Bottom line, though, try complaining about healthcare professionals. You get nowhere as ranks close. On top of that I noticed that as a family we started having problems with many others. Sometimes it's better to put up and shut up. If I had the money I would go private. At least when you pay you get eye contact and spoken to like an adult.

Alter, I hear everything you're saying. Doctors aren't always the nice folk they're made out to be. If you complain you're made out like you're a lunatic or Uncle KH. They talk to you like you're an idiot as well. Edited to say I actually did had a very lovely consultant once when I had a tumour and he and I had a lot of laughs during our time together - I'm fine now.

LOL, you must have been writing at the same time as me!

C

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back