QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
I've just had this email through.
I wonder if it's anything to do with the programme about them this week on Channel 4?

We have identified inconsistencies in our process where some of our customers didn’t receive a refund for their delivery postage and packaging charge for products returned within 14 days of receipt. This is not in line with our policy.

We are genuinely sorry for this mistake and we are currently in the process of identifying all affected customers, who will be issued a refund for any delivery postage and packaging costs owed.

Since identifying the issue, we have taken measures to ensure these errors do not happen again and are committed to doing all that we can to learn from this.

If you have been affected, there is nothing you need to do. We will contact you with further information and a full refund by the end of October.

We are disappointed that this mistake occurred, as our top priority is to build and maintain a trusting relationship with all of our customers.

I got that email too, I find it odd that it’s taken them twenty six years to realise it, also it’s a bit of a coincidence it’s came at a time they’re getting investigated for other things.

Oooh, has this programme spooked old Q? What's more, does this mean we could get MULTIPLE refunds by the end of October? I can hardly wait & may put off buying any Christmas presents until then so that I can go on a real splurge :mysmilie_8:

QVC knew what they were doing...the 30 day MBG is a smokescreen to make people think they are getting a better deal with QVC when they are not

I wonder if they will sort out Hermes leaving items outside and saying its delivered to a safe place...QVC have a long way to go with customer service

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just had this email through.
I wonder if it's anything to do with the programme about them this week on Channel 4?

We have identified inconsistencies in our process where some of our customers didn’t receive a refund for their delivery postage and packaging charge for products returned within 14 days of receipt. This is not in line with our policy.

We are genuinely sorry for this mistake and we are currently in the process of identifying all affected customers, who will be issued a refund for any delivery postage and packaging costs owed.

Since identifying the issue, we have taken measures to ensure these errors do not happen again and are committed to doing all that we can to learn from this.

If you have been affected, there is nothing you need to do. We will contact you with further information and a full refund by the end of October.

We are disappointed that this mistake occurred, as our top priority is to build and maintain a trusting relationship with all of our customers.

I would say it is connected to the programme

What programme was this please?

Here is thread about it

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?59523-Super-Shoppers-Channel-4

Original distance selling regs came in 2002.

Prog on Wednesday 8pm Ch4. ‘. . . an investigation of QVC’s return policies’

Original distance selling regs came in 2002.

Prog on Wednesday 8pm Ch4. ‘. . . an investigation of QVC’s return policies’

I was wondering when the regulations came into practice. I am going to watch the programme - should be interesting.

That must be quite a lot of refunds to process if they are saying you should allow until the end of October to receive what might be due. Slow even by Q’s standards. Probably thinking about their accounts taking a big hit all at once. That and having to try and cope with something so terribly complicated (bearing in mind what a meal they make of the simplest return and refund at the best of times). I have hardly returned anything since I’ve been shopping with QVC (which is reducing) and what I have returned has mostly been because of faults or problems when I’ve always had the postage in full. So I’m expecting nothing.

To quote our forum friend, stratobuddy ...

WHAT A SHAMBLES!

Distance Selling Regulations were replaced in 2014 by Consumer Contracts Regulations. If I remember correctly under the former a customer only received a refund of original p&p costs if the company/seller had a returns policy that stated who was responsible for paying the cost of the return. CCR replaced that regulation with one that said a refund of original p&p would be refunded if the item was returned within 14 days. Regardless of whether the Q's trawling through data from 2014 or 2002 surely it shouldn't take them two months to deal with this, unless their staff all work in Dickensian handwritten ledgers.

Hahaha QVC :witchbroom: Winter is Coming, chickens come home to roost, the end is nigh, you're all doomed etc. The question everyone will be asking is why now..?

I know I have always had to chase my orig p&p refunds under DSR but I am on the ball. I imagine a lot of people are not and are due some nice cash.

I should imagine a few accounts will be closed due to this too, this will sift out the serial returners who cost them money, there’s always, always a method in QVCs madness.

To be fair to QVC unless you tell them you are using the regs and canceling the order they will presume you are sending back under the money back guarantee

To be fair to QVC unless you tell them you are using the regs and canceling the order they will presume you are sending back under the money back guarantee

I don't want to be fair to them. There have always been complaints from customers about items not arriving or being received damaged or broken & the Q argue that it's an issue to be taken up with the courier - it's NOT. I found the following on the Which website:

'The Consumer Rights Act, which came into force on 1 October 2015, says the retailer is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by you, or by someone else you have nominated to receive them on your behalf such as a neighbour.

This means that the retailer is liable for the services provided by the couriers it employs - the delivery firm is not liable'.

I've also found a section about cancelling an online order with the following:

'The Consumer Contracts Regulations enable you to cancel in writing, by fax or by email, although it’s sensible to stick with the process the seller has set up - if it’s reasonable.

Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you should be provided with a cancellation form at the point of sale, although you don't have to use it.

I think the sections I've highlighted refers to the return slip so sending that back is sufficient notice to cancel, forget all the malarkey about contacting them directly - I've never done that!

There`s no doubt Q have been making a fortune out of over charging for p and p and also from not returning money to people who have returned items. I hope whoever or whatever it is which has finally made them post on FB has given them a massive legal kick up the backside. They`ve robbed people for far too long one way or another.

Ive just noticed the same message is on their FB page.

There are currently 569 comments below it! Most people just believed they were returning under the MBG so didnt appreciate the difference with the 14 day consumer regs. Well, you dont until you hear about them IYKWIM, and I only discovered them on here! The general feeling is that lots of people returned well within 14 days but had no postage refunds, that seems the biggest grievance. Mind you I dont have time to read all 569!!! But a general feeling if discontent I think.

BTW did everyone get an email (I haven't) or have they already gone through accounts and identified items returned within 14 days for which postage was not refunded! I really cannot believe their systems could cope with that. I dont think I'm due anything.

Latest posts

Back