QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope they’ve got top-notch IT staff to ensure the data is restored properly in full. It could be so easy to delete it all by mistake.

Ha ha ha .... nice one! Are you just back from the Edinburgh Fringe?

Its not 25 years, the law was changed in 2015 i believe

Thanks for the correction :mysmilie_17:
Though looking on various websites, it seems that you are only entitled to the cost of delivery p&p which may be subsidised, thus if you did want to return and it wasn't faulty, then legally you have to pay the costs as it is a 'change of mind', hence me using paypal when I can!

Last edited:
I am not sure about this, but if CCR started in 2015, then before this DSR was in force, so you were still entitled tp postage refunds since whenever that started.

I am not sure about this, but if CCR started in 2015, then before this DSR was in force, so you were still entitled tp postage refunds since whenever that started.

you will be correct then if DSR included postage refund

you will be correct then if DSR included postage refund

Yes it did, but according to the link above, it was only 7 days under DSR, confirmed here - - - -

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts from the moment you place your order, and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods. This period is extended in cases where the seller failed to provide the required information to you after you'd bought the goods (ie after you agreed the contract with the retailer).

Seven days is the minimum legal cancellation period, and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.

As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel the contract, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

What should you get back if you cancelled?

The seller's terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning an item.
If they don't state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.

In this case, you're entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including costs to ship the item to you, and the fee to return the item. No admin or restocking fees should be charged.

The Money Saving Expert site has a piece about QVC having to arrange refunds of postage on returns:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/09/qvc-customers-refunded-delivery-charges/

Around 300,000 customers to sort out refunds for, going back to 2014! Just to make sure they keep the money that little bit longer, they are posting out cheques, which also take a few days to be paid in and clear. How very QVC!

That’s out of order that, yet again customers pay for QVCs deceit and incompetence.

people have been mixing p th QVC 30 day MBG with all the other acts set out to protect the consumer...QVC don't give a dam

Well, QVC's CS is wonderful compared with Currys, the worst I've ever dealt with.

I bought a PC monitor from them, and when I tried it, it was completely dead, no sign of life, and wouldn't even switch on and light up the standby lamp.

So I rang CS, and got transferred to 4 different people, as each one said it wasn't anything to do with their department, or they only dealt with the return of large items, etc. And there were long delays between each transfer, with dreadful music.

One rep told me it was nothing to do with them, I would have to send it to the manufacturer (in China BTW), completely illegal response.

Eventually someone agreed to collect it, and told me DPD would email me with a tracking number.

That call took 50 minutes and made me feel ill.

Needless to say, I didn't get an email, so phoned again today to confirm it would be collected. I had exactly the same runaround as yesterday, I spoke to at least 4 people, possibly 5.

Eventually I got someone helpful, who rang DPD and told me it would be collected.

This call took 55 minutes.

In fact, it was collected, but they then have to get it into the warehouse, then test it, before they can replace it. In the meantime, I can't use my PC.

I feel totally shattered after almost 2 hours of phone calls.

So the Q no longer accepts cheques for payment but they'll issue them, slowly, for their ommissions.

So the Q no longer accepts cheques for payment but they'll issue them, slowly, for their ommissions.

Exactly! No doubt they are counting on people not bothering to pay their cheque in at all (forget, lose it or never go to banks, etc).

It reminds me of an old joke about a funeral, where three friends of the deceased in turn go up to the coffin to pay respects; one puts in £500 pounds to send him on his way in comfort, the next, not to be outdone, does the same and the third says he hasn't any cash on him so he takes the £1000 out and drops a cheque for £1500 in the coffin.

Well, QVC's CS is wonderful compared with Currys, the worst I've ever dealt with.

I bought a PC monitor from them, and when I tried it, it was completely dead, no sign of life, and wouldn't even switch on and light up the standby lamp.

So I rang CS, and got transferred to 4 different people, as each one said it wasn't anything to do with their department, or they only dealt with the return of large items, etc. And there were long delays between each transfer, with dreadful music.

One rep told me it was nothing to do with them, I would have to send it to the manufacturer (in China BTW), completely illegal response.

Eventually someone agreed to collect it, and told me DPD would email me with a tracking number.

That call took 50 minutes and made me feel ill.

Needless to say, I didn't get an email, so phoned again today to confirm it would be collected. I had exactly the same runaround as yesterday, I spoke to at least 4 people, possibly 5.

Eventually I got someone helpful, who rang DPD and told me it would be collected.

This call took 55 minutes.

In fact, it was collected, but they then have to get it into the warehouse, then test it, before they can replace it. In the meantime, I can't use my PC.

I feel totally shattered after almost 2 hours of phone calls.

I've had similar experiences but I don't think as bad as that. Doesn't it make you lose the will to live?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how this happened. The returns slip has a barcode which gives the impression that the Q has a computer system that can read this, of course I may be assuming too much. The period of time for cancellation & return is quite generous & even though the postal service does sometimes mess up most of the time stuff is dealt with quite quickly so there shouldn't have been many that were borderline late returns.

I don't understand how this happened. The returns slip has a barcode which gives the impression that the Q has a computer system that can read this, of course I may be assuming too much. The period of time for cancellation & return is quite generous & even though the postal service does sometimes mess up most of the time stuff is dealt with quite quickly so there shouldn't have been many that were borderline late returns.

Nah, the barcode is to make it look professional. They probably nicked it from the box of a 12" thin crust pizza from Morrison's.

I suppose that they might be issuing cheques in case people have changed their bank etc since their purchase. Also, unless I'm mistaken, a card number changes when the card expires and you're issued with a new one. I've had my P&P refunded when I've returned something about 99% of the time, so I will wait with bated breath to see if I get a cheque for the 1%.

Yup, I've had cheques from QVC when I've returned things after a card has been replaced. I don't mind as long as I get a refund (if I'm owed anything).

Does anyone know if they have advised people if they are getting a refund. I'm not expecting much, if any, because I didnt return many items but, as Tesco says, every little helps.

Does anyone know if they have advised people if they are getting a refund. I'm not expecting much, if any, because I didnt return many items but, as Tesco says, every little helps.

This was part of the email I received on 27th August:

'If you have been affected, there is nothing you need to do. We will contact you with further information and a full refund by the end of October'.

Latest posts

Back