QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This was part of the email I received on 27th August:

'If you have been affected, there is nothing you need to do. We will contact you with further information and a full refund by the end of October'.

I havent received one of those so I imagine I am not affected.

I have not received my cheque, 3-5 working days :mysmilie_10: be nice if I get one after all the cash I have blown over the years.

I have not received my cheque, 3-5 working days :mysmilie_10: be nice if I get one after all the cash I have blown over the years.

Sorry, you've got to wait more than 6 weeks to find out if there's one with your name on it.

This is the article I posted last week (page 9) actually, stratobuddy. I was just reading it again and note QVC say their average UK postage charge is £3.89 so, even if the 300,000 or so customers are only due one P&P refund, that’s £1,167,000 QVC have got to find to pay back. Of course, we know that over the five years we are talking about (they have to check back to 2014) it’s more likely to be several returns per customer. Ouch and double ouch!

This is the article I posted last week (page 9) actually, stratobuddy. I was just reading it again and note QVC say their average UK postage charge is £3.89 so, even if the 300,000 or so customers are only due one P&P refund, that’s £1,167,000 QVC have got to find to pay back. Of course, we know that over the five years we are talking about (they have to check back to 2014) it’s more likely to be several returns per customer. Ouch and double ouch!

I thought it may have been posted before, but didn't have time today to look back over 105 posts to make sure.

I thought it may have been posted before, but didn't have time today to look back over 105 posts to make sure.

I wasn’t criticising. It actually prompted me to read it again anyway. I wonder if we’ll ever find out how much QVC has had to refund. I look forward to hearing if anyone on the forum here gets a cheque.

Well I’ve had my letter today and - surprise, surprise, - QVC have ascertained that I was refunded correctly for all relevant items, and they will be taking no further action.
Wonder if anyone will actually receive a refund?

Well I’ve had my letter today and - surprise, surprise, - QVC have ascertained that I was refunded correctly for all relevant items, and they will be taking no further action.
Wonder if anyone will actually receive a refund?

Same for me.

I haven't had a letter or an email yet, but I'm not expecting a refund as I ring up before returning an item and they've always reimbursed the P&P.

I suppose one might have slipped through, but I'm not holding my breath.

So are they writing only to anyone who returned one or more items since 2014 to confirm whether a refund is due or not?

Also, Pick-a-Lily and Anna, did you receive the letter by post or email?

So are they writing only to anyone who returned one or more items since 2014 to confirm whether a refund is due or not?

Also, Pick-a-Lily and Anna, did you receive the letter by post or email?

By post Andi.

I read that 300,000 people had been identified by Q to be given a refund, I’m not one of them.:mysmilie_48:

I've heard nothing at all, and used to buy loads of stuff

I reckon 2014-17 was my peak buying time but I’m not sure I returned anything unless faulty/damaged, more’s the pity, especially for my creaking store cupboards. As I don’t trust them to tell me if I am due anything, I am going to go through my credit card statements online and cross-check any credits against order emails from QVC (I keep everything!). It won’t actually take that long and anyway, I’d do anything for a possible £3.95 refund!

Latest posts

Back