QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well something has shaken them up. I took two (faulty) items..two separate packages, to the post office Tuesday, and the refund was advised on Friday!!!! Now waiting to see how long it takes to get back in my bank account...

Being of a certain age paper statements have been a fact of life for me & I've always kept them for a year then destroyed, consequently I can see that I returned two items to the Q during the past year. I was interested to find out how many I'd returned since the new regs became law in 2014, had a coffee, a long thought & came up with 20. The only certain way was was asking them for a print out, what a faff, however, I've always left reviews so had a look & it was 21. With one exception I'm fairly sure that every item went back within a couple of days so it'll be interesting to see what my letter says.

Didn't DSR rules also mean that postage should be refunded?

In that case, why are they only going back to 2014, when I assume CCR came into force?

Didn't DSR rules also mean that postage should be refunded?

In that case, why are they only going back to 2014, when I assume CCR came into force?

You're right Strato. The minimum cancellation period was 7 days & the supplier had to be told of a cancellation in writing - email, letter of fax. I assume this would make it too complicated for the Q to deal with. What a shambles.

Just had a letter with a cheque for £5.07, in joint names. Not sure why my Hubby’s name was added to the account or when, it’s only me that buys anything. We do not have a joint bank account, so tele & have to return with covering letter and ( I asked) no free post address, so I will be asking for my stamp purchase back in the covering letter also.
I wonder how many people will bother cashing these cheques as I’m sure most people bank online these days. They would have been better asking customers what they wanted, I would have had a credit on my account.

Well something has shaken them up. I took two (faulty) items..two separate packages, to the post office Tuesday, and the refund was advised on Friday!!!! Now waiting to see how long it takes to get back in my bank account...

Update...money for both back in my account on 7 October...has to be a record...only 5 working days including the day I sent them

Update...money for both back in my account on 7 October...has to be a record...only 5 working days including the day I sent them

....Which therefore clearly shows that Q were deliberately dragging their heels with refunds before, since it has been done so quickly this time around, following perceived threat of a PR disaster. Another own goal by them.....

Arseholes!

My mother has just received a cheque for just over £18 for postage refunds dating back , hoping I’ll get some back too !

Nowt through the post for me yet; maybe it's a huge amount that needs special authorisation :clapping:

Somehow I doubt it :thinking:

I just had another thought; even if an item is returned well within the 14 days to qualify for the outward postage, QVC's returns depot don't always process them the day they're received so looking back at their records might not be wholly accurate. A day or two's difference could change one's eligibility for the postage refund.

I'd still be interested to know whether Ideal World will come under similar scrutiny.

I've received their apology letter & a cheque for £20.33 which includes interest of £0.58. Not enough for my Christmas shopping trip to New York but a surprise never the less.

I just had another thought; even if an item is returned well within the 14 days to qualify for the outward postage, QVC's returns depot don't always process them the day they're received so looking back at their records might not be wholly accurate. A day or two's difference could change one's eligibility for the postage refund.

I'd still be interested to know whether Ideal World will come under similar scrutiny.[/QUOTE

When I return items it is usually well within the 14 days but with a recent experience they waited 14 days to acknowledge a signed for return.I was in touch with CS who instigated the refund but at first tried to deduct the p&p until I reminded them that was not the case.

Ye Gods, how much do they buy?

My thoughts exactly. And that's postage refunded on items that they have returned only. If you consider their account would have been closed if they had returned more than a (small) certain percentage of their orders, think of the amount they have spent on things they have kept!

£17.20 something three items returned including interest

Are we all having a returns refunds party :mysmilie_3::mysmilie_5:

Nowt through the post for me yet; maybe it's a huge amount that needs special authorisation :clapping:

Somehow I doubt it :thinking:

Saving the biggest payouts to last? I am holding my breath waiting for the big reveal.Perhaps the presenters are having to take a pay cut?

Latest posts

Back