QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a letter with a cheque for £5.07, in joint names. Not sure why my Hubby’s name was added to the account or when, it’s only me that buys anything. We do not have a joint bank account, so tele & have to return with covering letter and ( I asked) no free post address, so I will be asking for my stamp purchase back in the covering letter also.
I wonder how many people will bother cashing these cheques as I’m sure most people bank online these days. They would have been better asking customers what they wanted, I would have had a credit on my account.

I use online banking and I can scan my £5.20 cheque using my phone

But yes for that amount I guess Q are hoping most people won’t bother cashing

And the winner is.....

Saving the biggest payouts to last? I am holding my breath waiting for the big reveal.Perhaps the presenters are having to take a pay cut?

I got back from a big food shop yesterday to a QVC envelope...Sadly the cheque wouldn't cover my fruit and veg purchases! But not to be sniffed at just under £14 is better in my account than theirs!

:Smile:

Saving the biggest payouts to last? I am holding my breath waiting for the big reveal.Perhaps the presenters are having to take a pay cut?

I caught literally 3 minutes of a Decleor presentation last night with Alison Young. Apparently, people working at ITV and BBC now seek to work for QVC because it’s a “prestige employer”. And when they arrive, they have the good fortune to be advised on their skincare by AY. I don’t think she was suggesting that she herself is the main draw; to be honest, I’m not sure why she mentioned it at all. Anyway, I can’t see Gary Lineker looking to take over from Dale and seeking Alison out for a private consultation on his skin routine any time soon, even if Q could afford him ... but what do I know?!

Gary Lineker ? Can you imagine the battle between him, Dale, Simon and Charlie (edit: I forgot Andi Peters !) for the role of “Alpha Male ? My vote would go to Michael Perry !

Just received £55.65, but looking at the list of items for the past 5 years, I thought I had sent far more back, and no I didn't buy flowers/food or other perishables. At least its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick- and money I didn't expect.

I caught literally 3 minutes of a Decleor presentation last night with Alison Young. Apparently, people working at ITV and BBC now seek to work for QVC because it’s a “prestige employer”. And when they arrive, they have the good fortune to be advised on their skincare by AY. I don’t think she was suggesting that she herself is the main draw; to be honest, I’m not sure why she mentioned it at all. Anyway, I can’t see Gary Lineker looking to take over from Dale and seeking Alison out for a private consultation on his skin routine any time soon, even if Q could afford him ... but what do I know?!

Rylan :mysmilie_11:

Arrived today ripped into the envelope expecting £5 when I got my glasses on £48:14 not expecting that! Most go back to 2015, just 1 this year.

Had my cheque this morning for £36.97. I am vigilant as far as p&p refunds go. I always cancel via email along with my expectations regarding refund of postage charge. Surprised I got anything. Must have slipped up along the way! Dates covered are from May '14 to Aug '18

Nice results for some of you, I got a cheque for £7.21 for two items returned 2015. A pair of eek earrings and a Trinny and Susannah sparkly top :mysmilie_12: according to the statement.

Latest posts

Back