QVC email, regarding the Distance selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't want to be fair to them. There have always been complaints from customers about items not arriving or being received damaged or broken & the Q argue that it's an issue to be taken up with the courier - it's NOT. I found the following on the Which website:

'The Consumer Rights Act, which came into force on 1 October 2015, says the retailer is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by you, or by someone else you have nominated to receive them on your behalf such as a neighbour.

This means that the retailer is liable for the services provided by the couriers it employs - the delivery firm is not liable'.

I've also found a section about cancelling an online order with the following:

'The Consumer Contracts Regulations enable you to cancel in writing, by fax or by email, although it’s sensible to stick with the process the seller has set up - if it’s reasonable.

Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you should be provided with a cancellation form at the point of sale, although you don't have to use it.

I think the sections I've highlighted refers to the return slip so sending that back is sufficient notice to cancel, forget all the malarkey about contacting them directly - I've never done that!

im on about the refund for outgoing postage nothing else. if customers dont cancel the order how does qvc know , i think people on facebook are getting confused and think they can get a refund regardless but they cant, if they say open a tub of make up and use it

im on about the refund for outgoing postage nothing else. if customers dont cancel the order how does qvc know , i think people on facebook are getting confused and think they can get a refund regardless but they cant, if they say open a tub of make up and use it

I think in this country more than others (I once did a assignment with regards to various Consumer Laws around the world (trust me it wasn't as boring as it sounds), I focused on three major developed countries and a smaller country. The outcome was the UK (then, this assignment was going back around six years, which may not seem a long time but legislation does change quite a lot), has probably the better laws. I think that a person who uses online 'digital rivers' and catalogue companies where in you don't pay for refund costs, that this is the consumer expectation on all sites. Twilight (yet again) is quite correct in stating what the law states and what the customer expectation and perception are two quite different things and it is important that a person entering into a contract (of purchase), clearly reads the T&C's regarding refunds. Of if possible use paypal and get their postage refund costs paid!

I got the email. I have one page of orders showing. That does not reflect my buying.

They. Are. Up. To. Something.

Just thought of something. If you delete expired cards off your account, how are they going to refund you? And are we expecting they will refund to cards used, or offer the equivalent in QVC vouchers?

Yes May I have been wondering how they are going to refund. I will have to go on my computer to see if I have had the email.

I’ve had the email too, not sure why as I never send anything back that quick.

No they’ll definitely have to refund you back to your present card and give you money, they may have got away with it any other time but this was their fault, so it will have to be cash.

I bet the beads of sweat stopped when they realised they only have to refund from 2014/15 not day one.

Shopper - Why only for 2014/15? I was getting my hopes up for a lovely refund from years back.

Distance Selling Regulations were replaced in 2014 by Consumer Contracts Regulations. If I remember correctly under the former a customer only received a refund of original p&p costs if the company/seller had a returns policy that stated who was responsible for paying the cost of the return. CCR replaced that regulation with one that said a refund of original p&p would be refunded if the item was returned within 14 days. Regardless of whether the Q's trawling through data from 2014 or 2002 surely it shouldn't take them two months to deal with this, unless their staff all work in Dickensian handwritten ledgers.

Does anyone know how this would apply to returns to Ideal World? Their returns by Royal Mail would be at the customer's expense, but they also introduced an option to return via ParcelShop for £2.99(used to be cheaper) and most recently, free returns via Asda. But since their return window is 14 days wouldn't that mean all their outward p&p should be automatically refunded under the CC regs or under the earlier DS Regs where the buyer emailed to cancel the order?

I'll confess I never bothered to cancel an order for an occasional IW return; they were few and far between as I make fewer orders and in the earlier days of the DS Regs my perception was that contacting IW customer service was at best challenging and I'd choose my battles for faulty items etc. Has anyone consistently cancelled IW orders and had their outward postage refunded? Maybe IW will have to look at all their returns - all within 14 days - since the 2014 legislation.

ps When I've had a refund from QVC for an item returned outside the 30 day MBG - where it developed a fault - and after the card used had expired, they sent me a cheque.

Cancel an online order right away

'Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place it and doesn't end until 14 days have passed from the day your goods were delivered to you, your nominated neighbour or your dedicated safe place.

You should be given the ability to cancel an order at the point of sale. For example, this could be an online form or instructions to contact.

You can cancel an online order in writing, by fax or by email, and a cancellation form should also be made available although it’s sensible to stick with the process the retailer has set up - if it’s reasonable.

The retailer shouldn’t make cancelling an online order unnecessarily difficult. For example, you shouldn't need to call to get authorisation to return an item. You also shouldn't be told that items can’t be returned unless you’ve got a cancellation code.

Check the retailer's T&Cs and returns policy, as these will often set out the returns process, which will be especially relevant to you if the order is already in transit and you may need to return it once it’s been delivered.

If your order is in transit already, you probably won’t be able to cancel it before it reaches you.

But, remember that you still have the right to cancel the item for up to 14 days after you’ve received it. Once you’ve confirmed with the retailer you’d like to cancel your order, you then have a further 14 days to return it'.

Above from Which website.

As I've written before the return slip is sufficient notice of a customer's decision to cancel after receipt of goods. The option to cancel before despatch is a short-lived, not just when buying from the Q but other online companies as well. If customers return goods within the specified time period this will ensure a refund of initial purchase price & the p&p on the order. Those who are getting confused about goods returned outside the legal time frame, the cost of returning something or whether their treatment of said items means they can't have their money back are irritating, stupid or both. In my humble opinion 14 days is enough time to know if your purchase is suitable, if people can't get their act together & follow instructions it's just tough.

I've just checked my account and the only online records of my orders are from July 2018 to date.

However, when I once rang them because I wanted to re-order something and couldn't find it in my records, CS gave me the item number and then asked if I'd like a paper copy of all my orders. I said "yes" and a few days later a thick pile of A4 sheets dropped through the letterbox. (Seeing how much I'd spent freaked me out though.)

It might be worth asking them to do this, if you want a list of all your orders. They shouldn't refuse, unless they've got something to hide, because they must keep full records so that they can tally up the returns before sending "the letter."

I've just watched it too. Now we know why QVC have said they are contacting customers to refund their P&P. :wink:

QVC are vile when it comes to cancelling orders. if you phone them 30 seconds after you make an order they tell you its on its way and you cannot cancel. I have never heard any other retailer force you to take delivery of something you don't want thats going to take the best part of a week to get to you..that will be the next showdown

It was interesting to hear how much money the Q makes & to see the Hermes sorting warehouse, I did wonder if anything ever slips off that massive conveyor, like Gwen's bike in 'Arthur Christmas'. However, what stood out the most was the fact that the woman who approached the programme automatically said that she'd use any p&p refund she received to buy more goods from the Q.

It was interesting to hear how much money the Q makes & to see the Hermes sorting warehouse, I did wonder if anything ever slips off that massive conveyor, like Gwen's bike in 'Arthur Christmas'. However, what stood out the most was the fact that the woman who approached the programme automatically said that she'd use any p&p refund she received to buy more goods from the Q.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::mysmilie_466: a good Stan, I presume...

I've just had this email through.
I wonder if it's anything to do with the programme about them this week on Channel 4?

We have identified inconsistencies in our process where some of our customers didn’t receive a refund for their delivery postage and packaging charge for products returned within 14 days of receipt. This is not in line with our policy.

We are genuinely sorry for this mistake and we are currently in the process of identifying all affected customers, who will be issued a refund for any delivery postage and packaging costs owed.

Since identifying the issue, we have taken measures to ensure these errors do not happen again and are committed to doing all that we can to learn from this.

If you have been affected, there is nothing you need to do. We will contact you with further information and a full refund by the end of October.

We are disappointed that this mistake occurred, as our top priority is to build and maintain a trusting relationship with all of our customers.

It has taken 25 years for them to admit they are wrong and that is only after being investigated, it leaves a bad taste but I don’t think it will loose the customer, Goliath once again wins

I watched the programme, yes a Stan and I did feel like giving her and a slap with a rolled-up newspaper! Yes, quick better cover our ass from QVC who no doubt knew this programme was coming up for a while but held off sending out letters.

Hermes I thought of Toy Story 3 at all those conveyers! Oh, and yes I was looking for the blue QVC packaging and did spot them.

It has taken 25 years for them to admit they are wrong and that is only after being investigated, it leaves a bad taste but I don’t think it will loose the customer, Goliath once again wins

Its not 25 years, the law was changed in 2015 i believe

The more I've thought about this, I'm a mountaineering widow for the next two weeks so plenty of time, the messier it becomes for the Q because how are they going to know the condition of the items returned, within the legal time limit, since 2014? I assume CCR replaced DSR because online shopping was growing rapidly & consumers had to be given the same rights as they had when in a shop but trying on a dress in a changing room & deciding you don't like it is different from getting one home, wearing it, washing it & sending it back all within a fortnight. Then there's the beauty returns - would the initial p&p be refunded if the item had been used? It may mean that the website gets overhauled so that ALL the information is included & also force the sales staff to do the same instead of wittering on & spouting rubbish. I don't care how difficult it is for them to deal with this, I'm just keeping myself amused :giggle:

I think every time they mention the 30 day MBG (endlessly), they should have to refer to the 14 day regs.

Latest posts

Back