Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 25/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It'll be something ridiculous like lock and lock or a toilet brush. On the other hand, it might be a nice perfume set, lovely slippers not too expensive, a really good beauty box, or some realistically priced diamond/gold/gemstone jewellery. We shall see.

CC

It'll be something ridiculous like lock and lock or a toilet brush. On the other hand, it might be a nice perfume set, lovely slippers not too expensive, a really good beauty box, or some realistically priced diamond/gold/gemstone jewellery. We shall see.

CC

:mysmilie_19: Especially on the last one on your list. Keep hoping, though. Q may yet surprise us!

A set of three torches? More biscuits in tins? Strands of LED lighting? Another Sat nav or Ring doorbell thingy? Another LAB invention?

Who knows? The anticipation is keeping me on the edge of my seat ..... Not!

I'll bet a weeks wages that it'll be a set of 3 or 5 torches (possibly in gift boxes as well). :)

I had a look at the hours for that day's TV guide and it's a mixed bunch of topics so far: Food, Toys, Beauty, "Christmas Shop"...there'll be an Xmas day on the 25th of very month til Xmas going forwards. There's no escaping it!

I had a look at the hours for that day's TV guide and it's a mixed bunch of topics so far: Food, Toys, Beauty, "Christmas Shop"...there'll be an Xmas day on the 25th of very month til Xmas going forwards. There's no escaping it!

That is par for the course.
In the last couple of years that's meant July, August, September and in October I think they started with the extended MBG... not sure if it was from 25th of October, or from the beginning of the month.

I find Q's relentless Christmasification so early in the year joyless and artificial. They are not alone, of course, but they are among the worst offenders.

I popped in to my local Next this afternoon and guess what they had on sale, yes Christmas goodies, candles and smelly things. I adore Christmas but please it is still August, most children are still on their summer school holiday gggrrrr rant over. :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie

I popped in to my local Next this afternoon and guess what they had on sale, yes Christmas goodies, candles and smelly things. I adore Christmas but please it is still August, most children are still on their summer school holiday gggrrrr rant over. :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie

I think it has always been like this with retail consistently being at least one season ahead of the rest of us. A few weeks ago I wrote about seeing 'Back to school' displays in M&S before we had finished the summer term at primary school & I'm now 60. I belong to several charities & have received all their Christmas gift catalogues & my RHS magazine arrived today complete with a 'Discover Christmas Gifts & Books 2019' booklet. Happy Holidays!

I think it has always been like this with retail consistently being at least one season ahead of the rest of us. A few weeks ago I wrote about seeing 'Back to school' displays in M&S before we had finished the summer term at primary school & I'm now 60. I belong to several charities & have received all their Christmas gift catalogues & my RHS magazine arrived today complete with a 'Discover Christmas Gifts & Books 2019' booklet. Happy Holidays!

I know Christmas is the life blood of retail, but they drain and suck the joy out of the current season too soon, and also stress us out, particularly for Christmas. How many parents really enjoy ending summer dragging their offspring on "back to school" shopping trips? The kids resenting the hell out of it is a given :mysmilie_48:

I was in The Works the other day and it was filled with parents and kids buying back to school pens, files and other stationary but lo and behold at the top of the shop were 2 staff emptying shelves and replacing items with yes you`ve guessed it..... Christmas stuff. I daresay when I go back in next week after schools and colleges are up and running again there`ll be Christmas stuff everywhere.
This year I have to deal with Christmas shopping earlier than usual but not because I want to but because I`ll need to. We go on holiday in November and don`t return until December 15th and by the time I`ve waded through lots of dirty holiday washing plus filled the fridge and freezer there`ll be little left in the shops and even less motivation to bother shopping left in me.
QVC will probably wheel out some overpriced mundane items for their so called Christmas gift shows. Probably a multi pack of Poo Pourri in Christmas packaging or in a musical velvet box which plays Tinkle Tinkle little star or somesuch crap. Or maybe almost out of date Thorntons, ghost pies which disappear into thin air and never arrive, Eek earrings to hang from your Christmas tree and enough bodycare/skincare/smelly stuff to sink a battleship !

My local B&M have Halloween one side of an aisle and Christmas the other. You enter a nightmare twilight zone with motion activated tat all belting out their sounds as if in competitive mode.
I predict, without my crystal ball, a Peony red or white Poinsettia plant TSV, maybe on 6EP’s that you can finish paying for at Easter :mysmilie_476:

Flicking round the channels this afternoon I found a new one - from today Sony Movies Christmas Channel is showing non-stop Christmas films. 15 weeks to go...

Flicking round the channels this afternoon I found a new one - from today Sony Movies Christmas Channel is showing non-stop Christmas films. 15 weeks to go...

We watch two Christmas films. When we get back from our Christmas Eve "date night" we sit down, put the fire on, open some fizz and watch A Christmas Carol, the one with Patrick Stewart. It's tradition. Then on Christmas Day after we've been to the pub (we have our curry later on about 5pm) we sit and watch Miracle on 34th Street (might not be the title, the one with the santa at the USA store and the little girl), then Mr CC falls asleep and myself and Bry eat what's left of the 11am snack buffet and I sneak a nice Laphroig, maybe a double. Ahhh Christmas, now THAT's what it's all about.

Apart from that I don't watch too much TV or films at Christmas.

CC

I’m still dead-heading petunias in my hanging baskets, just not ready to step into Christmas !

That is par for the course.
In the last couple of years that's meant July, August, September and in October I think they started with the extended MBG... not sure if it was from 25th of October, or from the beginning of the month.

I find Q's relentless Christmasification so early in the year joyless and artificial. They are not alone, of course, but they are among the worst offenders.

Noticed on Virgin there are Christmas films on Sony Christmas channel now.!!!!!!!!!

517349 Langdon European Set of 3 Colour Changing Pull Cord Lightbulbs with Remote TSV 25/09/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.517349

Pull cord Lights TSV 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back