Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 25/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What an original "Christmas" TSV - not!

That sort of thing has been featured goodness knows how many times this year.

We moved house on Dec 19th last year and knowing I wouldn't bother unpacking our Xmas decs I bought the Alison Cork twiggy tree and a set of these. New sitting room decorated in minutes with the tree and 3 of these bulbs hanging from the landing dangling into the hall and they looked pretty; then we've used them in the garden for a couple of parties this Summer.

That said, a set of 15 year old "Tap Lights" (remember them?) was unearthed in the move that had never been used; reminding me not to buy stuff that "might come in" unless they have a purpose straightaway!

its a very good idea & a very pratical gift & these are always popular (but they aint the ones ive listed)

Set of 3 Pull Cord Lightbulbs with Colour Change Option TSV 25/09/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518619

Pull Cord Lights TSV 1.jpg

Pull Cord Lights TSV 2.jpg

Pull Cord Lights TSV 3.jpg

Pull Cord Lights TSV 4.jpg

Pull Cord Lights TSV 5.jpg

We watch two Christmas films. When we get back from our Christmas Eve "date night" we sit down, put the fire on, open some fizz and watch A Christmas Carol, the one with Patrick Stewart. It's tradition. Then on Christmas Day after we've been to the pub (we have our curry later on about 5pm) we sit and watch Miracle on 34th Street (might not be the title, the one with the santa at the USA store and the little girl), then Mr CC falls asleep and myself and Bry eat what's left of the 11am snack buffet and I sneak a nice Laphroig, maybe a double. Ahhh Christmas, now THAT's what it's all about.

Apart from that I don't watch too much TV or films at Christmas.

CC

Muppet Christmas Carol. Essential Christmas Eve viewing.

Oh yes, nothing says Christmas like a lightbulb on a bit of string does it? Ha ha ha

Yes, yes, yes, yes but I still wouldn’t be buying even if when I pulled one on, it played “ding dong merrily on high”

I think it's QVC sending a subliminal message that they are pulling our plonker, or inviting us to pull our own to save them the bother. (As if we didn't know!)

Set of 3 Pull Cord Lightbulbs with Colour Change & Remote Control
Item Number: 518619
QVC Price £24.50
Todays Special Value Price £19.99
P&P £3.95

This set of three decorative lights from Langdon feature a strand of 10 LED lights in each bulb with white and colour change options, co-ordinated pull cords and an accompanying remote control. Whether you're throwing a festive party in the garden or having an indoor social, set a special mood at your next event with this twinkling set.

Light it up - your set of three bulbs comes with attached pull cords that measure approximately 1m (39.4") in length. They come supplied with AAA batteries, so you can simply tie or hook the cord over a suitable place and pull the bulb. Easy!

Unforgettable decor - perfect for indoor and outdoor use, these on-trend lights are great for festive parties, garden events and birthday celebrations. Whatever the occasion this season, these pretty lights will not only serve a practical purpose, they'll create a sparkling ambience your guests aren't likely to forget.

Choose your colour - in a choice of Silver or Black, choose the shade that best suits your event for a chic, enchanting finish.

What's in the box?

3 x LED pull cord lights
9 x AAA batteries
1 x remote control
1 x instructions

Colours available:

Silver
Black

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518619

Think Jill should be asked not to include great for children in the sell.
If you think of the required safety clip that is included with blinds to prevent accidents with the cords.

They’ve sold these for a while, the other colours were blue, red and green I think for about £15 and pitched them more for the cupboard under the stairs. Someone’s clicked and said hey, let’s make sparkly ones for Christmas and charge more money. Could you imagine how much the batteries would set you back over Christmas.

They’ve sold these for a while, the other colours were blue, red and green I think for about £15 and pitched them more for the cupboard under the stairs. Someone’s clicked and said hey, let’s make sparkly ones for Christmas and charge more money. Could you imagine how much the batteries would set you back over Christmas.

I was thinking that. I have been thinking about a few lights for the garden, not necessarily just for Christmas, but not solar as they simply don’t last (if they ever work at all) in my experience. So I thought these might be good, but decent batteries are not cheap and even if I only put them out in December, we’re probably talking the cost of the TSV again in batteries (this is not scientifically tested!) ... and I’d want 3 or 4 sets!

I was thinking that. I have been thinking about a few lights for the garden, not necessarily just for Christmas, but not solar as they simply don’t last (if they ever work at all) in my experience. So I thought these might be good, but decent batteries are not cheap and even if I only put them out in December, we’re probably talking the cost of the TSV again in batteries (this is not scientifically tested!) ... and I’d want 3 or 4 sets!

You’d want to put them out in Summer too, so dearer again. I think £24 just for three lights is quiet expensive, we got some gorgeous ones for our garden similar, £10 for 5, I suppose it pays to shop around. :mysmilie_3:

I bought 2 sets of 4 solar lamps from Q at least 15 years ago (it may even be 20 years), when they sold good quality stuff. They were fairly expensive, as the concept of solar lights were new then, and I'd never heard of them before (that's why I liked QVC).

I've been using them every day, but over the years, 4 have failed, but I am still using the remaining 4.

What I like about these are that you can replace the AA rechargeable batteries if they fail. They are also quite large and bright.

I like the black metal lace design lights that Qvc sell they take batteries though and your lucky if they last the month. but I buy from Poundland or Aldi/lidl and the old r batteries I recycle..

I bought 2 sets of 4 solar lamps from Q at least 15 years ago (it may even be 20 years), when they sold good quality stuff. They were fairly expensive, as the concept of solar lights were new then, and I'd never heard of them before (that's why I liked QVC).

I've been using them every day, but over the years, 4 have failed, but I am still using the remaining 4.

What I like about these are that you can replace the AA rechargeable batteries if they fail. They are also quite large and bright.

Q must have stood for quality at one time then? I didn’t think the solar panels or energy storage could last for that long so well done you! It doesn’t help, of course, that there is a lot of shade in my garden but even placing the solar panel in the sunniest parts and moving it around to follow the sun during the day in summer (I’ve actually done that!), they either come on for a short while only or not at all after a few weeks.

AndiK - I wouldn't be tempted if I were you. I bought 3 clear ones last year from QVC and the cords on all three disintegrated over the summer. The demo said they would withstand light rain and I took them in when rain was forecast but the cords frayed and broke so poor quality :mysmilie_10::sad:

Latest posts

Back