Loccitane TSV 28/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It doesn't mention it in the item description but this is direct dispatch from L'Occitane - it said this on the order confirmation page.

It doesn't mention it in the item description but this is direct dispatch from L'Occitane - it said this on the order confirmation page.
Great, I may stand a better chance if receiving it then.

I am just back from shopping and went in to use the tester. Now I do like it but I have to say it doesn't remind me of grass at all. Or nettle, or bramble . In fact the thing it reminded me of was Rose Couture by Elie Saab. I am using the body cream at the moment, and no I didn't use it today and cross- contaminate, lol. But Herbae seems to me, on my skin, to be a very green rose scent, i.e. A very young rose.

After the week I've had I'm going to get it. I just hope my stress levels aren't exacerbated by a second non receipt!!!!! Sack this man before the Molton Brown TSV!

This is interesting, Loccitane don't charge delivery for the cost of this set, and they have a nicer packaging than QVC.

Great, I may stand a better chance if receiving it then.

I am just back from shopping and went in to use the tester. Now I do like it but I have to say it doesn't remind me of grass at all. Or nettle, or bramble . In fact the thing it reminded me of was Rose Couture by Elie Saab. I am using the body cream at the moment, and no I didn't use it today and cross- contaminate, lol. But Herbae seems to me, on my skin, to be a very green rose scent, i.e. A very young rose.

After the week I've had I'm going to get it. I just hope my stress levels aren't exacerbated by a second non receipt!!!!! Sack this man before the Molton Brown TSV!

I love green, citrus scents, but some reviews speak of the dreaded (imo) sweet style/generic frag. I think the culprits are pink pepper & honey (yuk). Can you detect these? Going on what Marina says, it may be too sweet for me. I like Clarins L'eau Dynamisante ,Chloe (newer), Willow Song by Noble isle, & the Dior lemony one that's hard to find (is it Diorissa/Diorissima? What does everyone think please? Tia.

I love green, citrus scents, but some reviews speak of the dreaded (imo) sweet style/generic frag. I think the culprits are pink pepper & honey (yuk). Can you detect these? Going on what Marina says, it may be too sweet for me. I like Clarins L'eau Dynamisante ,Chloe (newer), Willow Song by Noble isle, & the Dior lemony one that's hard to find (is it Diorissa/Diorissima? What does everyone think please? Tia.

I didnt find this citrus at all. Yes it's green, but as I said very floral to me, more rose than anything else. Alexis was saying it smelt of Provence but it didnt have the heat for me. I would say English meadow. But this is just based on one squirt! It lasted a good few hours though. If we are talking Dior, I would say this closer to the late lamented Diorella

I didnt find this citrus at all. Yes it's green, but as I said very floral to me, more rose than anything else. Alexis was saying it smelt of Provence but it didnt have the heat for me. I would say English meadow. But this is just based on one squirt! It lasted a good few hours though. If we are talking Dior, I would say this closer to the late lamented Diorella

Thanks Mazza, based on your description I went ahead and bought it as I love a green floral (the recent L'Occitane Rose TSV is another fave of mine) - Diorella was my lovely Mum's signature scent, she was a classy lady :heart:

now Diorella was my signature scent for many many years very 80's 90's

the odd thing is on fragatisima people were saying Blackcurrant...Diorella had no fruit in it at at all berry anyway!

Thanks Mazza, based on your description I went ahead and bought it as I love a green floral (the recent L'Occitane Rose TSV is another fave of mine) - Diorella was my lovely Mum's signature scent, she was a classy lady :heart:

Is Diorella the lemony one? Not foody lemony of course, but citrussy in a French way?

I hope it's not rose because I ordered it and I really wanted it to smell of sunny fields. If it's too flowery I'm afraid it will go back and Santa can deliver the MB TSV instead.

CC

Is it my imagination or is L’Occi Alexis getting more manic with her descriptions? She sounds a bit desperate & on speed,perhaps the TSV is not moving as swiftly as expected? That is another brand where I would never have missed a TSV but now not interested, never use any other soap though!

Im getting a bit worried now that I may have led people into buying and they wont like it!!!!! I'm truly sorry if that happens but I am only going on how the tester worked on my skin. So I'll shut up now and watch Strictly with a bottle of red for company.

just went to the st Christophers place L'Occitane store to have a spray...I really don't like it...its a wee bit sickly. the notes in the description dont go with the actual smell. its a fruity fruity floral. I can smell peaches and raspberries and its not great imo....I imagine people smelling it in advance and not buying. I am not saying everyone will hate it but its not exactly a scent from Provence. L'Occitane have lost their way with these basic kind of safe fragrances. I am not surprised its not sold out.

this is nothing like Diorella or Eau savage I wore both for a long time. this is a fruity floral. its not vile its pleasant enough but sooooo boring and sweet in an odd way.. it has lasted 2 hours on me. I can't see anyone being offended but.........................

a true green fragrance would have tomato vine leaves and basil and citrus I would have loved this ...blast from the past exuberance

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mown grass, lemons, tomato, basil, pepper, blue sky and sunshine. I suspect I'm not going to get that. Oh well, I'll use the perfume for a week, decide then return if I don't want it. I've used easy peasies on Mr CC's card so nothing to lose except postage (again).

CC

Yes, mown grass, lemons, tomato, basil, pepper, blue sky and sunshine. I suspect I'm not going to get that. Oh well, I'll use the perfume for a week, decide then return if I don't want it. I've used easy peasies on Mr CC's card so nothing to lose except postage (again).

CC

its not horrible its just not unique or green....I might prefer the aftershave because I like woody stuff

I hope it's not rose because I ordered it and I really wanted it to smell of sunny fields. If it's too flowery I'm afraid it will go back and Santa can deliver the MB TSV instead.

CC

Poor busy Santa! What about his mental health & anxiety? You're giving him more work to do!

just went to the st Christophers place L'Occitane store to have a spray...I really don't like it...its a wee bit sickly. the notes in the description dont go with the actual smell. its a fruity fruity floral. I can smell peaches and raspberries and its not great imo....I imagine people smelling it in advance and not buying. I am not saying everyone will hate it but its not exactly a scent from Provence. L'Occitane have lost their way with these basic kind of safe fragrances. I am not surprised its not sold out.

this is nothing like Diorella or Eau savage I wore both for a long time. this is a fruity floral. its not vile its pleasant enough but sooooo boring and sweet in an odd way.. it has lasted 2 hours on me. I can't see anyone being offended but.........................

a true green fragrance would have tomato vine leaves and basil and citrus I would have loved this ...blast from the past exuberance

Bless you for going out. I nearly purchased based on the green/Dior similarities & would have been so upset. I loathe the sweet/peach/raspberry notes stuff. Just seems ubiquitous & cheap to me & avoid at all costs.

Thanks for your verdict here.

My Mom loves it too, as do I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh Diorella, I think I still have some, in fact I liked the classic Dior scents from years ago.I am very picky with perfumes never buy unless I have tried and left for a while to see how they develop.It is a good excuse not to be drawn into buying something immediately in a shop.

Poor busy Santa! What about his mental health & anxiety? You're giving him more work to do!

Now Sis, I have the greatest affection & respect for Santa. However, if after all these years he's not used to working hard during the three months leading up to Christmas he's not the man I've always believed him to be. He does also have a huge & very loyal workforce, people like me who put in lots of effort & planning on his behalf & an infinite supply of magic. He will be fine.

Latest posts

Back