The Christmas Shop TSV 05/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yay!! Can't wait. I hope it's one of those old fashioned musical boxes that plays all the carols.

I bet it's not though, it'll be that projector thingy.

CC

Oh no not those really naff dancing green angels that you can shine on the outside of your house

:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_468:

Oh no not those really naff dancing green angels that you can shine on the outside of your house

:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_468:

The very one. However, when we rented a cottage last Christmas it was a converted farm building where the owner lived next door and he had one of these things shining holly and merry christmas all over the walls. It actually looked quite good on a plain stone wall but I wouldn't buy one (a projector, not a stone wall).

CC

I would like one of those projectors but with a plain bright white light, to match the lights I put up on the outside of my house. We have a rule down our road that we all stick to bright white lights, some put up ‘pops of colour’ in seasonal red and green but not garish.

The 5th, rather than the 25th?

Any excuse from them to throw Christmas stuff at us early. I'm so excited -NOT!

As far as I can see from things I have read online Santa's Best was bought buy another company but it means that previously sold items no longer have the warranty they were sold with, I believe many had a 5 year warranty.

The tricky issue here is whom has supplied this TSV to Q, the old company or new! If the old one, which is not impossible as we know Q like to keep let things grow very old in their warehouse, then any warranty could be tricky to claim!!

Why change the habit of a lifetime ‘Ye Olde Stock’ with Q’s ‘Try It ‘n’ See’ if it works guarantee.
At least you’ll maybe get this Christmas out of it and never fear they’ll be the same copy cat edition next year.
Also if your lucky enough to have remembered to check it’s still working within the 12 months for a refund, you’ll be able to buy that again then.

Santa's Best Christmas Tree TSV 05/10/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.710000

Tree TSV 1.jpg

Tree TSV 2.jpg

I like the no fuss lighting aspect but...

Here's a link to last year's TSV thread - I was going to ask SCW about last year's prices but then thought I could get off my @rse and look for myself!

And here's the current pricing for the Alison Cork trees; an eye-watering £360 plus p&p for the largest option and if the lights fail next year QVC won't want to know....unless it's to sell you a replacement.

:EasyMoney:

Santa's Best 15 Function Prelit Majestic Christmas Tree with Remote Control
Item Number: 710000
P&P £9.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.710000

4ft QVC Price £180 Todays Special Value Price £150

5ft QVC Price £225 Todays Special Value Price £186

6ft QVC Price £297 Todays Special Value Price £244

7ft QVC Price £375 Todays Special Value Price £310

8ft QVC Price £468 Todays Special Value Price £390

A special sparkle - make it feel like Christmas with hundreds of lights that twinkle and sparkle. The starry lighting is a special type of bulb and technology, and you'll have 15 different light settings to choose from, including Slow Glisten and Twinkle Multi, so you can adapt the tree to the ambience you want to create.

So realistic it's magical - the tree features a traditional shape with defined branches that are completely lifelike. Marvel at the serene white flakes on your tree with our new dusted, snowy style that is flocked, or opt for the more classic look with our natural style tree.

A size to suit all - with five different size options, there's something to accommodate everyone - as long as there's room in the inn!

Feature-packed - the tree comes with plenty of features, including an on and off pedal and a power pole, which means there are no messy cables. In addition, the tree is easy to assemble and features 'memory wire' branch tips, so the tree falls into place, plus 'continuous on' technology so that if one light goes out the other lights won't go out too.

Assembly required: 4ft, 5ft and 6ft are two-piece assembly; 7ft and 8ft are three-piece assembly
Suitable for indoor use
Dimmer timer: 6 hours on, 18 hours off
Lighting effects: Steady Warm White, Steady Multi, Steady Pastel, Twinkle Warm White, Twinkle Multi, Slow Fade Warm White To Multi, Colour Flip Warm White To Multi, Colour Flip Twinkle Warm White To Twinkle Multi, Warm White Phase, Multi Phase, Pastel Phase, Slow Glisten, Ombre Slow, Ombre Fast, Fast Glisten

Colour options:

Traditional
Flocked

Size options:

4 foot:

450 Colour Changing LED Starry Lights
918 memory wire branch tips
Height: 4ft (122cm)
Base (diameter): 76cm (30")
Metal tree stand (included): 36cm (14")
1 x EZ Power Pole
Traditional weight: 4.5kg; flocked weight: 4.9kg

5 foot

550 Colour Changing LED Starry Lights
1290 memory wire branch tips
Height: 5ft (152cm)
Base (diameter): 91.5cm (36")
Metal tree stand (included): 46cm (18")
1 x EZ Power Pole
Traditional weight: 6.8kg; flocked weight: 7.5kg

6 foot

1000 Colour Changing LED Starry Lights
1638 memory wire branch tips
Height: 6ft (183cm)
Base (diameter): 107cm (42")
Metal tree stand (included): 46 cm (18")
1 x EZ Power Pole
Traditional weight: 9.8kg; flocked weight: 10.4kg

7 foot

1500 Colour Changing LED Starry Lights
2276 memory wire branch tips
Height: 7ft (213cm)
Base (diameter): 119cm (47")
Metal tree stand (included): 56cm (22")
1 x EZ Power Pole
Traditional weight: 13.6kg; flocked weight: 14.4kg

8 foot

1800 Colour Changing LED Starry Lights
3328 memory wire branch tips
Height: 8ft (244cm)
Base (diameter): 142cm (56")
Metal tree stand (included): 66cm (26")
1 x EZ Power Pole
Traditional weight: 18.4kg; flocked weight: 20kg

All measurements are approximate

Delivery is 7-10 working days

I was thinking the same Akimbo, about the lights.

I have an overmantle which I permanently have draped with fairy lights throughout the year. They are only turned on in the evenings, but I still manage to get through 2 or 3 sets a year.

Now, paying an eye watering amount for these pre-lit xmas trees, those lights aint gonna last forever, so they could be on every day, from say middle of December to beginnning of January, and I would say they will start to fade somewhat. What then ? next year you have a b.....y expensive tree heaving with lights that have done their bit and no longer work.

OR, has anyone bought one and found they are everlasting lights ???

Jill Franks saying it’s only once a year isn’t exactly selling it why someone should spend £310 and £10 postage on a Christmas tree.

The reviews are one star - the lights don't last. The whole point of a pre-lit tree is that the lights are already there and you don't have to faff around trying to arrange them evenly. I have a 3ft pre-lit tree that I got from The Range a few years ago, I think it was £8 and it was still going strong when I put it away last year. I wouldn't pay hundreds of pounds for a tree, however, these TSV ones do look gorgeous.

CC

I have bought Homebase prelit trees in the sale £25 6 foot and they last led's are usually reliable

Latest posts

Back