Clothes Airer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought this a couple of years ago and it packed in after two and half years, so I rang Aldi free phone customer service number who gave me a code to take to Aldi with the airer and we got all our money back, no problem whatsoever so their guarantee really is “no quibble”. Aldi had none in stock so I bought one off Ideal World because they had a sale on, £30 free delivery with timer, variable heat control but if I didn’t have one, I’d definitely buy the Aldi one again. :mysmilie_3:

I got the Lakeland three tier airer off ebay, during a Lakeland ebay shop saie, I do wish it had a timer, as I have dyspraxia and I tend to set it and forget it!! If it ever breaks down, I will definitely get the upgraded one, and I will look out for it on ebay again.

I love my Lakeland airer. Bought several years ago, it's the reason that I didn't replace my washer-dryer like for like when it died. The fact you can have it half up is brilliant when you are pushed for space or have a small amount to dry. But I think any heated airer is a brilliant solution. How many of us have the luxury of an airing cupboard these days?

I have a dry-buddy, bought from a charity shop for a few pounds. Dry buddy 41PqF1qnugL.jpg

I love my Lakeland airer. Bought several years ago, it's the reason that I didn't replace my washer-dryer like for like when it died. The fact you can have it half up is brilliant when you are pushed for space or have a small amount to dry. But I think any heated airer is a brilliant solution. How many of us have the luxury of an airing cupboard these days?

I have an airing cupboard, when we had a new boiler 4 years ago I opted to keep my airing cupboard rather than a combi boiler.

I have an airing cupboard, when we had a new boiler 4 years ago I opted to keep my airing cupboard rather than a combi boiler.

Lucky you! Our cat used to love the airing cupboard we had when I was a kid. Aired and cat-haired was the order of the day :mysmilie_48:

When I was growing up, we had these funny fireplaces in council built properties, they were cast iron, with a small very efficient firebasket on one side and two little bread ovens on the other, in the winter all our clothes and laundry were dried and aired on that, OR on a clothes horse round the disgusting parafin (sp) stove. Your mention of cats and airing cupboards brought back the memories of times when we couldn't find the cat anywhere and he would suddenly emerge from one of the little bread ovens staggering and smoking slightly, somewhat singed and bringing forth the smell of burnt hair with him! (Do you know, I thought I was making that up until I googled it and this page came up: https://hiveminer.com/Tags/combinationgrate/Recent.) Apparently, it was something to do with the council getting grants to build homes but they had to have some form of cooking and heating facilities, homes for heroes and all that!

I love my lakeland dryer. I have it with the timer and other bits n bobs. Amazon did a fantastic deal as it was used as they say. only thing was it wasn't the box was battered but it was in pristine condition inside. its so good in the summer I don't even use the heat setting at all items are dry the next day.

Latest posts

Back