Lola Rose TSV 18/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I recently had an 'Eternal' catalogue delivered, and their stuff is equally nice, and half the price. LR is getting tooo expensive to justify, and how many of us tell anyone that we've actually got REAL stones around our necks ???

Just looking but not buying! How many of these stones are dyed across the LR range? Just wondering as some time ago I bought a mid blue bracelet and I cannot be totally sure but I look at it & wonder if the colour on some of the stones has worn off.

Just looking but not buying! How many of these stones are dyed across the LR range? Just wondering as some time ago I bought a mid blue bracelet and I cannot be totally sure but I look at it & wonder if the colour on some of the stones has worn off.

I have bought dozens of Lola rose and some of the stones to fade sadly. I would never buy the TSV as it looks really cheap. looks like I am in the minority as its selling well....

Catherine has just mentioned the "reduced" P&P of £2.95 which is imo overpriced as you could pop it all in a tiny padded envelope with a first class stamp..I wonder if she will mention the matching teeny tiny ring is a whopping £3.95 to post ...:mysmilie_11:

I have bought dozens of Lola rose and some of the stones to fade sadly. I would never buy the TSV as it looks really cheap. looks like I am in the minority as its selling well....

Yes some of mine have faded too. I bought a necklace once and it was red in colour, can't remember what stone it was, but obviously dyed, stained my t-shirt first wearing. Needless to say it went back with a complaint.

I have never been tempted by any big jewellery and definitely not coloured stones. I think there are some people that can carry off big bold pieces, but I am not one of them. I have wore a cross and chain for the last twenty odd years, and only took it off in hospital when it was necessary.It would be very boring if we all liked the same things.

Catherine has just mentioned the "reduced" P&P of £2.95 which is imo overpriced as you could pop it all in a tiny padded envelope with a first class stamp..I wonder if she will mention the matching teeny tiny ring is a whopping £3.95 to post ...:mysmilie_11:

That is just rediculous especially the ring just one of the reasons my purchases from QVC are now few and far between.

Only one option sold and one on waitlist. Not a great success. I think it was overpriced and no easy pay was a mistake.

Only one option sold and one on waitlist. Not a great success. I think it was overpriced and no easy pay was a mistake.

I think that was the poorest LR TSV I have seen.To say it was overpriced is an understatement.

And yet Q pulled the 9pm LR show as the TSV was selling so well according to Nikki from Lola.

And yet Q pulled the 9pm LR show as the TSV was selling so well according to Nikki from Lola.

Yes that was really weird. On the Lola Rose facebook page it says the show was pulled by QVC and members were quite annoyed as it is not as if QVC don't have other items of Lola Rose they could have shown if the TSV was, or was not, selling well.

well she was happy clappy when the cream set sold out. the pound signs made her heart and soul sing...then came the reality the 10p costs to make this "set" was not going to make mega profits after all! worse TSV ever imo

Yes some of mine have faded too. I bought a necklace once and it was red in colour, can't remember what stone it was, but obviously dyed, stained my t-shirt first wearing. Needless to say it went back with a complaint.

Glad its not just me who wondered this. My 'rainbow' necklace of pale pink/blue/white stones is definitely much much paler, so for all we know she could be getting pebbles from a quarry, dyeing them and giving them some fancy fancinite name, I mean, how MANY s/precious stones ARE there in the world anyway ???, and if her jewellery is made in China, then who knows what we get to wear, does anyone actually check with a gemologist whether their purchase is pukka or not ?

LR used to say what semi-precious stones were in each item; then they started using lots of dyed quartz.

After dying the quartz came using cheap base metals to eek out the dyed quartz...its a shame really I loved her stuff and bought dozens of pieces but not anymore and definitely not from QVC.

After dying the quartz came using cheap base metals to eek out the dyed quartz...its a shame really I loved her stuff and bought dozens of pieces but not anymore and definitely not from QVC.

So in the end it's all about money, just the same as everything else. Start off with a great product, reel in the customers, then either sell out to the big guys or use cheaper materials whilst bumping up the price. I only ever bought a couple of Lola Rose items, one as a gift and the other I sold on ebay after a few months of never wearing it. I'm buying less and less as the only pockets I should be lining are my own.

CC

So in the end it's all about money, just the same as everything else. Start off with a great product, reel in the customers, then either sell out to the big guys or use cheaper materials whilst bumping up the price. I only ever bought a couple of Lola Rose items, one as a gift and the other I sold on ebay after a few months of never wearing it. I'm buying less and less as the only pockets I should be lining are my own.

CC

The other brand that is using the name then selling cheap looking tat is Butler & Wilson.I have bought in the past when there were some classic tasteful items but now? Awful garish & well overpriced.

The other brand that is using the name then selling cheap looking tat is Butler & Wilson.I have bought in the past when there were some classic tasteful items but now? Awful garish & well overpriced.

Pat Butcher's old collection.

What irritates me is Nikki’s ‘ad’, in which she talks about her jewellery being ‘for an eternity’. If her stones are bleached and dyed, they won’t last in their newly coloured state for that long.

I used to love her chunky pieces but couldn’t afford one. Now it’s all small stones strung on elastic & interspersed with gold-tone tiny beads. I’ve seen similar in Claire’s Accessories. Or Chelmsford market.

Latest posts

Back