Prai Beauty TSV 17/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just caught a bit of that presentation and yes how sexist is that!? She’s basically saying if you want a good shag buy this perfume. I think she’s copying off Tova when her model says she conceived her baby the day she sprayed Tova Nights on, which isn’t saying much for her husband now is it. Silly Halliday is jumping in the band wagon now. Time to turn over I’m getting a headache, probably the same as if I’d sprayed that perfume on.

I've always liked Scent of a Woman & had many compliments when I've worn it, I also like Cathy Kangas & her commitment to animals. However, she has become more & more OTT & I find it exhausting watching her, the Lola Rose guest has the same effect.

Just caught a bit of that presentation and yes how sexist is that!? She’s basically saying if you want a good shag buy this perfume. I think she’s copying off Tova when her model says she conceived her baby the day she sprayed Tova Nights on, which isn’t saying much for her husband now is it. Silly Halliday is jumping in the band wagon now. Time to turn over I’m getting a headache, probably the same as if I’d sprayed that perfume on.

The model really said that?!?

The model really said that?!?

Yeah, she sprays it seductively and Tova hints, then the model will smile again seductively and tells you openly she got a little somethin’ somethin’ the night she wore it, her husband got horny, but she put it more......seductively......than me. This perfume is definitely not for me, me and the husband would rather have a Chinese meal and a cuppa watching a film :mysmilie_17:

Advanced Orders!

Kathy and Cordelia were two of the nicest QVC reps when DD and I were at the Beauty Bash a couple of years ago. (Along with the lady from Josie Maran).

Kathy has done all right for herself, focusing on promoting her neck products and getting the M&S market pushing them means she's reaching a wider market. I doubt she regrets moving from Ideal World and their constant squeezing of vendors to offer larger discounts and sizes at every airing.

I had a bottle of Scent of a Woman Gold a couple of years ago (possibly a BCC item?) and it was nice enough but I passed it on to a friend who loved it. Perfume likes and dislikes are massively subjective so I expect they get a huge number of returns when they sell fragrances on Q.

Totally agree Akimbo. I've had perfume given as xmas presents over the years, but on me they've been either 'sickly sweet' or smelled like cat's pee. So a complete waste of money by the giver, which presumably they've liked so assume its ok on others.

I take forever to choose a perfume, trying a couple of testers in a department store then walking away to see how they react and smell after an hour.

As for the models and presenters drowning themselves constantly in a watery mist, I think in the studio thats EXACTLY what it is, - water ! otherwise everyone would be coughing and choking if it was the real deal ! so I think there's a lot of fakery going on.

Please tell me someone else witnessed the midnight "launch" of this?! I was half-watching it at 3am and couldn't believe my ears or eyes at some of the crap coming out of Cathy (Kathy?) and the 3 models' mouths! (Yes, it featured THREE models for a fragrance offering..!)

As for the models and presenters drowning themselves constantly in a watery mist, I think in the studio thats EXACTLY what it is, - water ! otherwise everyone would be coughing and choking if it was the real deal ! so I think there's a lot of fakery going on.

Ah, that most useless employment of models: for perfume demonstrations on selly telly! WHAT IS THE POINT?? We can't smell it, you dozy mares, so you can stop wasting gallons of whatever is in that bottle and gurning at us with that orgasmic expression because it means nothing. You might as well spray the back of your hand and hold it up close to the camera.

Having said that, not bad work if you can get it. If they want to pay me a few hundred quid to sit in a studio (a few thousand quid if Flinty is presenting), I'll sit there caressing a bottle of perfume and grinning like an idiot, throwing my head back in ecstasy and making loud sniffing noises. At least I will in the audition for the job. Once the live presentation is underway, I might have to suddenly grasp my throat and make loud choking noises to add a bit of realism.

I find some L'Occitane scents are exquisite. I tried Tova - yuck, sorry

I think I said the other day that I had tried Prai perfumes and didn't like them but I may be confusing Prai and Tova. Well, both four-letter words and I think I used a four letter word to describe the smell when I first tested the one I bought, so easy mistake.

I had a sample at a beauty bash and wasn't too impressed tbh

I read the frag.notes & they sounded vile, esp. for the first option. I'd be interested to know who manufactured it - perhaps Coty..maybe P & G ! Ha ha

Speaking of perfume & headaches, I think Cacherel (sp) Eden gave me one at the w.end, which I still have (the headache, that is). Can't figure if Eden is unusually nice, or actually like loo cleaner.
Wonder what the Prai will be like?

I read the frag.notes & they sounded vile, esp. for the first option. I'd be interested to know who manufactured it - perhaps Coty..maybe P & G ! Ha ha
The Prai Woman sample I had was quite unbearable tbh. I fell for Tova's spiel and reviews, how wonderful the scents were, still don't understand those praising reviews. I don't think they would have a chance on the high street

Prai is certified cruelty free, I've bought Scent of a Woman a few times & would never buy anything made by P&G.

Fakery :mysmilie_17: Who said that word? I'm really picky on perfume and if I don't like the bottles (Ali's Cave packaging on the Prai) then I won't like the scent. Just got a Black Tulip in the Tili box, bleeurrrghhh, really don't like that but I love the Wild Peaches. Anyone would like the Tulip give me a shout. I would normally sell on ebay but you get so little I'd rather give to my (cyber) friends.

CC

Coty and P&G own some of the biggest and most expensive perfume brands in department stores. Also cosmetics brands as well, they are as big a brand owner as Estee Lauder who own MAC, Tom Ford etc.

A friend is the account manager for Prada perfumes and they are owned by Coty and she handles a few others as well also owned by them too.

I thought Scent of a Woman was a film with Al Pacino ! plagiarising the name then !

Yes there’s a film called that, naughty Cathy Kangas. To be honest I think “Gone With The Wind” would’ve suited it better (judging by the reviews) and I don’t mean the weather kind of wind. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back