Am I the only one...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
who cannot understand (or like) the trend for having wafty bits of chiffon as an edging to a substantial garment ?

Just listening to Marla Wynne, and Melissa in gushing mode (when she can get a word in from Kathy Taylor) about the 'gorgeous' chiffon panels/edging etc etc.

Plonking chiffon on the hems does nothing but crease when you sit down, so whats the point.

Puts a few extra pounds on the price Brissles for the "trendy wendys" amongst their viewers .. lol

Can’t abide and all this expensive layering why sell one top when you can make three thin bits of rag and sell getting three x the price.
Oh and Miss X M&S Melissa is sooooo flipping affected all this there’s x but this is Marla’s x
Would really enjoy if Q stopped doing Marla’s stuff because according to Melissa there’s no other fashion that comes anywhere near. Would be so good to see her in raptures trying to convince watchers there’s a new MW replacement.

who cannot understand (or like) the trend for having wafty bits of chiffon as an edging to a substantial garment ?

Just listening to Marla Wynne, and Melissa in gushing mode (when she can get a word in from Kathy Taylor) about the 'gorgeous' chiffon panels/edging etc etc.

Plonking chiffon on the hems does nothing but crease when you sit down, so whats the point.

You are not the only one. But actually my worst is the horrid lace trims they put on stuff... that's even more hideous to me than the chiffon. I do have a top where I am going to wave goodbye because of a chiffon peplum (!). The fabric of the main top is lovely, but I hate how fussy this peplum-ish trim looks as I'm just not a fussy clothing person.

Dreadful fashion. I avoid like the plague.

Thing is with Q, they go completely overboard when a 'new' fashion brand joins the QVC stable. Yong Kim and Join were never off our screens for months getting plugged away, and their price point were equally as high as Marla Wynne, and look whats happened to them ! Dispatched to the great outlet store in the sky.

Clearly price is a defining issue, and the viewing public will only pay so much. Yes MW will have her followers, as did YK and Join, but even they will have a sell by date for buying. Personally I have loved her balloon dress with the pockets, but her colour pallette is too muted for my liking, and her styles, like most of Q fashion now, is boring.

I have bought some dream linen mix dresses in the summer sale from Sahara, and Navabi have a far better selection of styles, which make fashion buying far more interesting than Q will ever be.

I never consider buying clothes/ footwear from QVC as a) I don’t like anything, good enough reason! but b) if I did (probably after a couple of glasses of wine,) find something I I usually order 2 sizes to try.This would incur double the P&P so some extortionate cost just to try on. I only order from companies who charge one p&p irrespective of the number of items or free delivery & returns.

Brissles!!! That elf headband is too cute!! As for chiffon, it catches on everything (including my friend's cat's claws) then looks cheap with loads of pull threads in it. I like some of Marla's short woolly over jumpers but they're too dear.

CC

Thing is with Q, they go completely overboard when a 'new' fashion brand joins the QVC stable. Yong Kim and Join were never off our screens for months getting plugged away, and their price point were equally as high as Marla Wynne, and look whats happened to them ! Dispatched to the great outlet store in the sky.

Clearly price is a defining issue, and the viewing public will only pay so much. Yes MW will have her followers, as did YK and Join, but even they will have a sell by date for buying. Personally I have loved her balloon dress with the pockets, but her colour pallette is too muted for my liking, and her styles, like most of Q fashion now, is boring.

I have bought some dream linen mix dresses in the summer sale from Sahara, and Navabi have a far better selection of styles, which make fashion buying far more interesting than Q will ever be.

I love this latest headband. Are you going to showcase a new one every few days?

To answer your question, no, you're not the only one. MW stuff & the layers alternative don't fit in with everyday life, too long, too wide, batwing sleeves, floaty bits that would snag, some ruddy awful colours & expensive to boot. I had a look at a recording of KT, dreadful woman, & Melissa Stenning & just laughed. KT got all philosophical while twirling around wearing this 'waistcoat'.
https://www.qvcuk.com/WynneLayers-Crepe-Long-Line-Waistcoat.product.180137.html?sc=IROA

You're definitely not the only one, brissles.

I'm not a fashionista and am not bothered about designer labels (and I'd never heard of Marla Wynne before she popped up on QVC ... ditto many of the other "designer" brands) but I do know what suits me and it's certainly not oversized, floaty and faffy tops and the like.

Just because they have "a name" linked to the item, the price becomes ridiculous (in my opinion.) If Fred Bloggs had designed it, you'd be able to buy it for £10.

I know that many people like Marla's clothes and are happy to pay the premium prices but it is a matter of personal choice ..... it's just not mine.

Totally agree, do not like anything where it's frippery for the sake of frippery! Especially when it's something that will catch on door/cupboard handles as I have enough trouble with those as it is.

P.S. Have not been able to get the Backstreet Boys out of my head since reading the thread title :mysmilie_17:

To answer your question, no, you're not the only one. MW stuff & the layers alternative don't fit in with everyday life, too long, too wide, batwing sleeves, floaty bits that would snag, some ruddy awful colours & expensive to boot. I had a look at a recording of KT, dreadful woman, & Melissa Stenning & just laughed. KT got all philosophical while twirling around wearing this 'waistcoat'.
https://www.qvcuk.com/WynneLayers-Crepe-Long-Line-Waistcoat.product.180137.html?sc=IROA

I don't know why they pair KT with any guest, she clearly wants to get 'her oar in' all the time, and then MS over talking her to get in her comments.

The garments AND the prices are absurd. As you said, lots of batwing sleeves that are hopeless to wear under a jacket or coat,and full length chiffon over normal clothing smacks of a designer who cant think of anything else to do.

Totally agree, do not like anything where it's frippery for the sake of frippery! Especially when it's something that will catch on door/cupboard handles as I have enough trouble with those as it is.

P.S. Have not been able to get the Backstreet Boys out of my head since reading the thread title :mysmilie_17:

Frippery is a great word. Backstreet Boys are now in my head... 'I Want It That Way' & making a grab for an invisible object.

Latest posts

Back