Anne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I know that Anne's a nice person as I saw her once in an interview, but oh my gosh I don't rate her as a presenter. Just watching her with the Lakeland heated airer TSV & she's constantly interrupting, causing the Lakeland woman to stutter. You don't find out much info from her either, she just speaks loudly & fast, can't take to her as a presenter at all, she's actually given me a headache!

Not sure whats going on with the presenters at the moment, its as if they're not getting instructions anymore via their talk-backs.

Jackie was fumbling around like a drunken donkey when she was on with Langsford, stuttering and talking rubbish until she was 'back on track'. Then there were long pregnant pauses with Chloe who resorted to rambling when on with Melissa, as she clearly wasn't getting told what to do, and Kathy Taylor doesn't listen to anyone, she just blindly goes her own way.

Can’t abide any of them any more and don’t wish to see smug JR on her return, give me Law and Order/Say Yes To The Dress any day. It’s incredible how my viewing has dropped, can’t even stand it on in background whilst doing crossword any more.

It’s the constant “ya know” “ya know” that gets me. Only had a quick look, laughed at the prices, turned over.

I used to have QVC on in the background when doing stuff on the laptop. Cannot abide it at all rambling presenters talking crap 99% of the time.

I too used to have it on in the background but can''t remember last time I watched . I sometimes switch it on then straight off again.

I also used qvc as background noise while I did something else,now I use Pavers shoe shop, no presenter on
there have annoyed me so far. I now watch very little qvc and for a very short time. I come on here to:
see if I have missed anything:mysmilie_17:.

Is Anne very well? I was watching on and off last night and she doesn't seem like the same person she used to be. She seems to have aged a lot and not as vibrant. I hope she's OK. Those trainers with the jumpsuit though? Someone else dressed her I'm sure!!

CC

Is Anne very well? I was watching on and off last night and she doesn't seem like the same person she used to be. She seems to have aged a lot and not as vibrant. I hope she's OK. Those trainers with the jumpsuit though? Someone else dressed her I'm sure!!

CC

I've always known how nice you are & describing her as vibrant, even if you think she's lost it, is so lovely because I've never seen her that way. To me she's someone with an old face, which is probably an advantage if you get to be really old because others tell you that you haven't aged! Her forehead seems very smooth & a couple of weeks ago I thought she had undergone a procedure. Having been so negative I will say that her blog is lovely, I had a look after reading our post in case she'd had something nasty happen, instead she's written a piece about her home in Calabria - worth a read.

Not sure whats going on with the presenters at the moment, its as if they're not getting instructions anymore via their talk-backs.

Jackie was fumbling around like a drunken donkey when she was on with Langsford, stuttering and talking rubbish until she was 'back on track'. Then there were long pregnant pauses with Chloe who resorted to rambling when on with Melissa, as she clearly wasn't getting told what to do, and Kathy Taylor doesn't listen to anyone, she just blindly goes her own way.

What’s going on with the presenters is that some have been there FAR too long and the new ones have very quickly learnt from them. Recipe for disaster. Also the lengthy seemingly guaranteed employment has turned the presenters into rather unpleasant people. The blogs and presentations give it all away, me, me, me, smug, smug smug.....

I've always known how nice you are & describing her as vibrant, even if you think she's lost it, is so lovely because I've never seen her that way. To me she's someone with an old face, which is probably an advantage if you get to be really old because others tell you that you haven't aged! Her forehead seems very smooth & a couple of weeks ago I thought she had undergone a procedure. Having been so negative I will say that her blog is lovely, I had a look after reading our post in case she'd had something nasty happen, instead she's written a piece about her home in Calabria - worth a read.

I maybe wrong, I do hope so, but I slightly suspect Anne other than hurting her foot, has been through some trauma. It is nice to read she is one of the lucky ones able to get away to somewhere that helps, that she feels safe and comfortable to enjoy.

What’s going on with the presenters is that some have been there FAR too long and the new ones have very quickly learnt from them. Recipe for disaster. Also the lengthy seemingly guaranteed employment has turned the presenters into rather unpleasant people. The blogs and presentations give it all away, me, me, me, smug, smug smug.....
You're on the money Evie. If they were family, neighbours or colleagues I'd probably get quite twizzled. As sales staff, that I don't even have to talk with, they amuse me. I've often thought about closing my account, however, I do find the odd bargain & so use the Q as my personal shopper. I also love seeing Queen Julia, Ickle Claire & Pipa the Condescending trying to hold on to their youth while looking ridiculous.

Could it be an age thing with her?

I watched my sister change physically, going as far as her mid-fifties looking quite young. Then, BAM! Menopause struck and she seemed to age rapidly. I can see I'm going the same way.

Many women lose confidence at menopause and seem to have a personality change. I've seen it in friends and myself. So this may explain the older presenters. The younger presenters are just part of the obnoxious insta-generation that have been brought up with me-me-me. (Some of the older ones seem to have caught this unfortunate affliction, too.)

It's a general switch off for me, too, unless I tape something I may have interest in. Then I keep the recording if I buy something as I've been caught a few times with presenter lies. As soon as I say I have the recording and/or screen shots, CS stop arguing and issue a pre-paid label.

Could it be an age thing with her?

I watched my sister change physically, going as far as her mid-fifties looking quite young. Then, BAM! Menopause struck and she seemed to age rapidly. I can see I'm going the same way.

Many women lose confidence at menopause and seem to have a personality change. I've seen it in friends and myself. So this may explain the older presenters. The younger presenters are just part of the obnoxious insta-generation that have been brought up with me-me-me. (Some of the older ones seem to have caught this unfortunate affliction, too.)

It's a general switch off for me, too, unless I tape something I may have interest in. Then I keep the recording if I buy something as I've been caught a few times with presenter lies. As soon as I say I have the recording and/or screen shots, CS stop arguing and issue a pre-paid label.

That's a brilliant description of the sales staff & a really good idea of how to cover yourself with regards to the 'stretching the truth' presentations. I've written on previous threads about my non-menopause, it passed me by with hardly a glance. I was never a confident person & was always a follower not a leader, however, whether it was losing my parents when I was in my forties or a change of career shortly after but my self belief blossomed as I hit 50. I think a lot of it is down to the fact that I don't care about the opinions of those who don't matter to me, I live, love & laugh every day & concern myself with the things that matter most to me. I do wonder if the vacuous generation who photoshop their images & judge their lives by the number of social media likes they receive will ever live a real life but that's their issue.

I've always liked Anne, a cheery weegie :mysmilie_17: One Scot to another maybe but she's always been one of my faves. I believe she has a place in Italy so if things get too much then I think it's nice she can just scoot off to somewhere she loves. I have a caravan in the next village and that's good enough for me :mysmilie_8:

CC

That's a brilliant description of the sales staff & a really good idea of how to cover yourself with regards to the 'stretching the truth' presentations. I've written on previous threads about my non-menopause, it passed me by with hardly a glance. I was never a confident person & was always a follower not a leader, however, whether it was losing my parents when I was in my forties or a change of career shortly after but my self belief blossomed as I hit 50. I think a lot of it is down to the fact that I don't care about the opinions of those who don't matter to me, I live, love & laugh every day & concern myself with the things that matter most to me. I do wonder if the vacuous generation who photoshop their images & judge their lives by the number of social media likes they receive will ever live a real life but that's their issue.

I watched something last night but can't remember what (I tape everything and fly through so they kind of meld into each other). It was an experiment where people who post on Instagram used filters and had loads of likes/followers. They stopped using filters and lost 100's of likes for the experiment. They were gutted! I'm of the "who cares" opinion but it obviously matters a great deal to these people.

But who are these followers that stop following/liking because they're posting their real selves? What a vacuous bunch! People I wouldn't like to call my friends.

I can understand wanting to look nice for special photos and can understand that a lot of people profit financially from looking good on Insta but strangers losing interest in you because you don't filter yourself and then getting upset about these strangers? Wow. Get a life.

Glad I'm not a youngster these days.

Going off piste a bit here, but I have only just taken possession of a mobile which comes with a camera, but I have yet to use the facility.

I did take some photos of my little dog - with a 'proper' camera, then downloaded to the computer and had them really cheaply developed by Snapfish. Nothing new, I know, BUT the reaction of people when I show them ACTUAL photographs you hold in the hand is staggering. People have got so used to looking at a small phone screen to view photos, that the real thing is a novelty. How insanely strange the world has become.

Going off piste a bit here, but I have only just taken possession of a mobile which comes with a camera, but I have yet to use the facility.

I did take some photos of my little dog - with a 'proper' camera, then downloaded to the computer and had them really cheaply developed by Snapfish. Nothing new, I know, BUT the reaction of people when I show them ACTUAL photographs you hold in the hand is staggering. People have got so used to looking at a small phone screen to view photos, that the real thing is a novelty. How insanely strange the world has become.

Wow! Just wow. How weird has my world become?

I have a couple of groups on my facebook page and they`re connected to websites I buy clothes from (Tilletts and Euphoria) and not only does the amount of money some people spend on clothes fascinate me but also some of their photos which are obviously filtered within an inch of their lives. Some of the ladies post themselves as is, and power to them for doing so but some of the ladies add all kinds if airy fairy glimmers which make them look unreal. It`s like a feeding frenzy with them posting daily pics of their purchases and I mean daily, some of them must buy something several times a week and its like a competition who gets the most orders. Of course the businesses are laughing all the way to the bank and its obvious insta photos and facebook pages play a big hand in that. Not for me though.

We used to call it "showing off" back in the day, and certainly not a nice trait to be known for. I'm not on any social media, but when I read/hear about the obsession of being 'liked', I just think "oh get a life you pathetic individual"

Latest posts

Back