Amazon TSV 12/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The next one will probably be the tablet. A lot of these TSVs are so predictable.

Amazon Echo Show 5 & Echo Dot & Smart Plug TSV 12/10/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519548

Amazon TSV 1.jpg

Amazon TSV 2.jpg

Amazon TSV 3.jpg

Amazon TSV 4.jpg

Amazon TSV 5.jpg

Lee has put a preview on Facebook price under £100 on easy pay in black or white

Amazon Echo Show 5 with Echo Dot 3 & Smart Plug
Item Number: 519548
QVC Price £116.00
Todays Special Value Price £94.98
P&P £4.95

This superb Amazon bundle includes an Echo Show 5 with a 5.5" smart screen, speaker and camera, ready to help you manage your day, plus the Echo Dot, a voice-controlled, hands-free speaker that answers commands and questions, reports on sports and news, gives the latest traffic and weather info, and so much more. Complete with a Smart Plug and featuring virtual assistant Alexa, this amazing trio gives you everything you need to start your smart home.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the Amazon Echo Show 5, the Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 and an Amazon Smart Plug individually, directly from Amazon you’d pay £154.97. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £94.98 plus P&P, you’re saving a fantastic £55.04.

Let the Show begin - the Echo Show 5 is made to fit your life. Featuring a 5.5" smart display, speaker and 1MP front-facing camera, it's ready to help you manage your day, entertain at a glance and connect to friends and family with video calling and messaging. You can call almost anyone hands-free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices and Skype. Designed with your privacy in mind, you can easily turn off the microphone and camera with the press of a button or simply cover your camera with the built-in cover. You can personalise your Echo Show too, by choosing the clock face that fits your style best or using your favourite photos on the Home screen. There's even an ambient sunrise lighting feature to get your day started the right way, plus you can easily follow step-by-step recipes, update to-do lists and calendars and glance at weather and traffic on your way out.

Connect with others - the Echo Dot does it all, and with its sleek, compact design it'll discreetly blend in with your home decor. Featuring a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound, use the Dot to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more. Connect it to your Echo Show 5, to 'Drop In' or announce dinner to the whole family.

Create a smart home - Amazon Smart Plugs work with Alexa to add voice control to any electrical socket in your home. Connect yours to the Echo device, or even just the Alexa App on your phone to schedule and voice-control your lights, coffee machines or appliances to turn on and off automatically, so you can create your perfect morning routine. Easy to set up and use, simply plug in, open the Alexa app and start using your voice.

Just ask Alexa - a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands when you say her name. Alexa can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or you can ask her to look up a recipe and she will read it out for you to follow!

Set up with the app - the free Alexa app will allow you to easily set up and manage your Amazon Echo devices. Use the app to connect services you already use such as Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Calendar, then set up your smart home devices or see which books are available to listen to from your Audible library. The app is also great when you're out and about, allowing you to control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more back at home.

No more shouting up the stairs - grandpa in the attic? Dad in the study? Kids in the den? As long as there's an Echo Show or Dot in the room, you can ask Alexa to 'Drop In' and send them a voice memo to let them know "It’s teatime", or even to "Turn the music down!". Drop In is an optional feature that allows you to instantly connect hands-free with the Echo devices in your home, and it can also double as an intercom or baby monitor.

Turn up the sounds - connect directly to speakers using a 3.5mm stereo cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and enjoy hands-free voice control for your music - just ask for your favourite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Plus, with four far-field microphones, beam forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction, even while music is playing.

Multi-Room Music - want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and Tune In.

Alexa makes the call - when you’re busy making dinner or putting the little ones to bed, Alexa can make and answer a call, and even send or receive text messages! This handy feature works for anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App on their mobile phone. What's more, on-the-go calls are also a breeze; use the Alexa app on your mobile to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo back at home.

The choice is yours - choose between the sleek Black/Charcoal option or go for White/Sandstone for a stylish neutral shade that will fit in with any home décor.

Colour options:

Black/Charcoal
White/Sandstone

What's in the box?

1 x Amazon Echo Show 5
1 x Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3
1 x Smart Plug
Geographical restrictions:
Alexa will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA

Please note - Amazon Smart Plug is optimised for simple setup and exclusive use with Alexa. Amazon Smart Plug does not support other voice assistants or smart hubs

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519548

I see the waffling idiot shows zero consideration for viewers again and refuses to rename Alexa.

For those that don't know, you can have it react to "Alexa, Computer, Amazon or Echo" - if you watch the best tech people on YouTube they actually mute the wake word when uploading videos. I know that is difficult with a live show, but I did once message him on social media ages ago - you know, on the platform he "loves interacting with people" on, and asked him to please change the wake word as it is effing annoying when he says it so many ****** times, but he completely ignored me :/

And just seen him talk about the Smartplug "you could plug an extension lead into it that maybe has "a TV, Xbox, Sky box, Virgin box" and "no more standby, it switches them off"

Yeah brilliant.....and then no more recording on Sky or Virgin if you have them set to record. No more automatic updates on an Xbox or PS4. Does he remind viewers of this? Does he hell.

Not to mention if you did turn Sky or Virgin completely off like that, you can't just flick the power back on and turn on the TV, you have to wait for the boxes to re-initialise. It is such a stupid suggestion.....but then it's exactly what I would expect from him.

I might be interested but no way can I listen to the waffling idiot, to me he is now as bad as (I have everything)CR.:mysmilie_10:

I might be interested but no way can I listen to the waffling idiot, to me he is now as bad as (I have everything)CR.:mysmilie_10:

This is the annoying thing, it is actually a great value package. Almost ruined by his inane waffle and sometimes misleading advice.

However good the TSV deal is, I would be willing to bet there will be better bargains on Echo devices to be had in Amazon’s Black Friday deals, certainly if Prime Day is anything to go by. Only a month away too.

I've got 7, including 2 in my OH's house.

Should I get the TSV to keep up with Lee?

Ha ha, go for it if you fancy it! LH must have every laptop, mobile phone, tablet and Echo device QVC ever sold (although he still doesn’t seem to know too much about them)? I’ve got 3 Echos in use and one Dot waiting till I find a solution to my lack of Wi-fi in the kitchen so I can’t compete. Must say they get used a lot.

Are you going to try one of the Echo Flex | Plug-in Smart Speakers when they come out next month, Stratobuddy? I wonder what the sound quality is like for £25. I’m very impressed by the Dots.

Ha ha, go for it if you fancy it! LH must have every laptop, mobile phone, tablet and Echo device QVC ever sold (although he still doesn’t seem to know too much about them)? I’ve got 3 Echos in use and one Dot waiting till I find a solution to my lack of Wi-fi in the kitchen so I can’t compete. Must say they get used a lot.

Are you going to try one of the Echo Flex | Plug-in Smart Speakers when they come out next month, Stratobuddy? I wonder what the sound quality is like for £25. I’m very impressed by the Dots.

I use the various Echos in my house all the time, mainly for the radio, as it is so easy to tell it to switch stations, and the sound is good. And also for alarms, reminders, timers, and calculations.

My dots are 1st gen, which don't sound too good, and are not loud enough, so I have to use them with a Bluetooth speaker.

I've got loads of Bluetooth speakers, nearly all Bose of one sort or another, plus Bose Bluetooth headphones, so I don't need any more.

I do need another smart switch, but the normal price of £25 is exorbitant. I got mine for £10 each with the Echo 2nd gen speakers, which sound great.

I’ve got an Echo show downstairs and a Dot in my bedroom. I only use the Dot occasionally. I’ve only got both of those because someone bought them for me for Christmas. I’ve given both of them different names, but am surprised that you can’t choose your own name to use, rather than their choice of three.

The Dot has occasionally woken me up by yelling at me in the middle of the night with the words “I don’t know the answer to that” so, unless I ask questions in my sleep, it seems to have a mind of its own.

With the greatest of respect to Lee and strato, I can’t really see the point of having loads of them unless you live in a mansion, especially when they come on and “talk” on their own.

I’ve got an Echo show downstairs and a Dot in my bedroom. I only use the Dot occasionally. I’ve only got both of those because someone bought them for me for Christmas. I’ve given both of them different names, but am surprised that you can’t choose your own name to use, rather than their choice of three.

The Dot has occasionally woken me up by yelling at me in the middle of the night with the words “I don’t know the answer to that” so, unless I ask questions in my sleep, it seems to have a mind of its own.

With the greatest of respect to Lee and strato, I can’t really see the point of having loads of them unless you live in a mansion, especially when they come on and “talk” on their own.

One in the lounge, one in the bedroom, one on the landing (for when I'm in the bath, particularly useful), one as a security camera, one in the dining room showing the security camera picture. Also one in OH's lounge, one in OH's bedroom (dots).

I've never been woken up by them (unless I've set an alarm), but sometimes a voice from the TV turns them on, then I get "I don't know that".

Latest posts

Back