New Discount Code for Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the TSV cozee home bedding and because I bought it too early the day I did not get the £5 voucher ...skinflints!

Nothing because you have to spend £40 I think to get the £5 off and that probably won't even cover the P&P. I recently redeemed my £25 voucher which I got when I bought a new hoover (which I needed and was a good buy), wasn't bad, I got a free Tili box and free postage on something else I was buying anyway. £5 seems such a measly amount IMO.

CC

Oooh, now you’ve tempted me, 2 previous Tili boxes, no p&p & £5 off, must try and resist.

The mean feckers!!! I placed an order for a throw last night and didn't see a £5 off code. So I just rang and said the only code that came up (still does) on the website is EARN15 which doesn't ****** work and could they give me £5 off retrospectively, pretty please? However, because the order has already gone through, they cannot apply a discount. What a load of old bollox. Of course they could just refund me £5 if they were not a bunch of tightfisted, money-grabbing charlatans. Actually, she went on to explain I had no case at all anyway because apparently, the code was only live from 8.59pm and I ordered about 45 minutes earlier so I was too early.

I have spent so much less with QVC over the past 2-3 years, largely helped by rarely watching, but have actually spent a bit in the last few months. Well, that's it - back to sitting on my hands. I know it's only £5 but it's reminded me why I stopped a few years ago. So it's probably done me a favour really (apart from making me froth at the mouth!).

God, don't I go on?!

Companies can apply discounts once orders have gone through - if they want to. Last year or maybe one before, I ordered a ton of stuff (slight exaggeration) from Molton Brown because they had a lot of freebies and free gift boxes/postage. It was only after I'd completed my order and paid that I realised I hadn't applied the codes to get the free gifts/wrapping/postage :mysmilie_51: Phoned MB and they sent all the freebies separately, charged no postage on either order and even sent me another little gift which was going to be a promotion for the following week. That's good service. Lulu Guinness also sorted out an order that I cocked up and refunded the discounts back to my card.

QVC could do this if they wanted. I also think it is mega unfair that they are sending out offers to "certain customers", they should be made available to all.

Companies can apply discounts once orders have gone through - if they want to. Last year or maybe one before, I ordered a ton of stuff (slight exaggeration) from Molton Brown because they had a lot of freebies and free gift boxes/postage. It was only after I'd completed my order and paid that I realised I hadn't applied the codes to get the free gifts/wrapping/postage :mysmilie_51: Phoned MB and they sent all the freebies separately, charged no postage on either order and even sent me another little gift which was going to be a promotion for the following week. That's good service. Lulu Guinness also sorted out an order that I cocked up and refunded the discounts back to my card.

QVC could do this if they wanted. I also think it is mega unfair that they are sending out offers to "certain customers", they should be made available to all.

Exactly, my good candycane. Why can't they put you in charge? Oh, sorry, too sensible and fair.

The QVC CS woman, even before she had got me on the ordering a bit too early clause, was saying once an order is in process, they can't get into it to add a code or apply a discount. I mean, that's just ridiculous - she wouldn't need to because she could do a partial refund to my card, as they have in the past when there's been a problem or something was slightly damaged but I didn't return it. And I have an account with them so they could apply a £5 credit for another time (might make me buy something sooner, too, so they missed another sale opportunity there, shortsighted fools). I shouldn't really blame her, I guess - only following orders!

It's the complete lack of goodwill with QVC that gets me - you come away something between quite disappointed and seething when they behave so inflexibly and negatively. Look at how the Molton Brown and Lulu Guinness experiences differ. When you get that treatment, it's so positive, you go back to buy from them again and again.

The mean feckers!!! I placed an order for a throw last night and didn't see a £5 off code. So I just rang and said the only code that came up (still does) on the website is EARN15 which doesn't ****** work and could they give me £5 off retrospectively, pretty please? However, because the order has already gone through, they cannot apply a discount. What a load of old bollox. Of course they could just refund me £5 if they were not a bunch of tightfisted, money-grabbing charlatans. Actually, she went on to explain I had no case at all anyway because apparently, the code was only live from 8.59pm and I ordered about 45 minutes earlier so I was too early.

I have spent so much less with QVC over the past 2-3 years, largely helped by rarely watching, but have actually spent a bit in the last few months. Well, that's it - back to sitting on my hands. I know it's only £5 but it's reminded me why I stopped a few years ago. So it's probably done me a favour really (apart from making me froth at the mouth!).

God, don't I go on?!

Mean bar stewards they could’ve at least gave you back the postage if they couldn’t/wouldn’t offer you the code. Times must be hard.

I can't remember where I posted my moan about Currys dreadful CS, but it just got worse.

When I arranged to return my monitor, I asked them to reserve one for me to exchange when they got mine back.

They said there was no need, as they had over 200 in stock.

A week later, when mine had arrived, they had all sold out, and are now on "advance order" for 1st week in October.

In the meantime, I can't even turn on my brand new PC from Aldi, as my existing monitor has the wrong interface.

I can't remember where I posted my moan about Currys dreadful CS, but it just got worse.

When I arranged to return my monitor, I asked them to reserve one for me to exchange when they got mine back.

A week later, when mine had arrived, they had all sold out, and are now on "advance order" for 1st week in October.

In the meantime, I can't even turn on my brand new PC from Aldi, as my existing monitor has the wrong interface.

Good grief! Now we know where QVC staff go when they get fired. Or is it the other way round??

:mysmilie_506:

I ordered the TSV this morning and about 15 minutes later ordered the beauty POM. I then heard Simon mention the £5 off. I rang CS and she said that the £5 couldn't be applied for the TSV as P&P wasn't included. But she then said "I can see that you've ordered the Benefit item so I can apply it as 2 items were bought this morning.

She cancelled the Benefit order and re-ordered it with the TSV and took the £5 off. I suppose it depends to whom you speak as to whether they "play ball."

I did point out that Simon hadn't mentioned there being a minimum spend to quality nor had he said excluding P&P and so it wasn't very clear. She said she'd pass that on, but as later on Julia apparently didn't clarify the terms either, I can only assume that it takes weeks for information to filter down ..... if at all.

Good grief! Now we know where QVC staff go when they get fired. Or is it the other way round??

:mysmilie_506:

stratobuddy, Currys get endless complaint threads on the money-saving site. Usually, the first reply to the poster is "You should not have gone to Currys!"

Cuurys/PC World/Dixons have been notorious for years and nothing has changed! They really are best avoided!

Cuurys/PC World/Dixons have been notorious for years and nothing has changed! They really are best avoided!

Ah yes, Dixons. My mum once threw such a fit in Dixons on Christmas Eve as they told her the TV that she'd bought and paid for would now not be delivered until after Christmas. If I wasn't nipping out now I would tell you the amusing story in all its glory. Later, people later. Now when we see anyone going "off on one" in our family, it is commonly known as "doing a Dixons" :mysmilie_17:

CC

A week later, when mine had arrived back at Currys, they had all sold out, and are now on "advance order" for 1st week in October.

[/I]

UPDATE

I went on-line to Currys last night and the monitors were shown as in stock, so I rang up this morning, assuming the 2800 they were expecting in October had already come in.

I've just spent another 40 minutes listening to the dreadful music while waiting to speak to someone.

When I did get through to the right person, I was told they had about 150 in stock, so presumably these were part of the 200 they told me about above.

So the story about being out of stock, and expecting 2800 in October seems to be a complete lie.

I got through initially in about 10 minutes, but the man said "it was not his department" despite 4 levels of menu button pushing on my phone. This has happened on all my calls, often speaking to 3 or 4 people. He said he would put me through to the right department, so another 20 minutes on hold, but the woman who answered told me it only showed 3 minutes on their system!

Anyway, she has promised to send me a replacement, and it should be arriving Monday.

Watch this space (far worse of a shambles than QVC lol).

And the whole saga of over 3 hours on the phone so far makes me feel very stressed.

Latest posts

Back