Benefit Christmas Gifts TSV 15/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Roller Lash but buy it in the brown.

I agree about brown mascara, but the benefit formula is very scratchy & spidery, & hard to remove unless using a hot cloth & flannel cleanser on a dry face. It only looks nice I feel, on a youthful eye, and/or (paradoxically) one with big lashes naturally!!!!

Brown is far better for fairer types, certainly if over 60, perhaps younger if you've been 'proper poorly'. I 'd try Maxfactor 200 calorie, try to find brown, or if not charcoal/softer black. Also, Clinique's 'long pretty lashes' if it's about in brown, but black here is ok. What you're looking for is a nice natural bristle brush. The department ladies will let you try with a new brush if you ask, just watch out for any sales push.

Ime, masc's with the plastic brush (as with all of benefit's current ones) are always scratchy, harsh & stick moderate lashes together. Just look at the model (older) Karen, in the Benefit demo, who looks worse with the masc on than off! Of course they've combed her lashes out /whatever, but, iirc, they looked like spider legs.

The perfect Benefit TSV (for me, at least) would be Benetint, Hoola, Dandelion and then a choice of mascara; They’re Real, Bad Gal Bang or Roller Lash.
I think that as mascaras are so polarising it’s never a good idea to have just one in a TSV.
It’s why I also thought that a previous TSV they did of just the 3 mascaras was a waste of time. That would also have been better with a choice.
It’d be Roller Lash for me all day long. Love the stuff. My mascara of choice (along with Too Faced’s “Better Than Sex”)
Hate BGB, found it far too wet. And can’t get on at all with the TR brush, far too scratchy.

Latest posts

Back