Luxenoa by Rylan TSV 16/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would like to try these but they are just too expensive for me, very small burn time for the money. I'm not suggesting they aren't high quality. I dont want a diffuser and would want a variety of scents to try, not just one. There is a five piece votive set but it is I think £44 for 25 hours burn.

I switched over in the ads and caught about two minutes of the pre-launch and was surprised to hear Jill say this whole brand is exclusive to Q. Did everyone else know that and so it's just me behind the curve? I looked on the Luxenoa website and the shopping link takes you to Q.

I buy the five piece votive sets all the time and they burn for around 10-12 hours and are very strong specially the Fuego or amber oud...in facc they are better value imo than the larger silver jars, there's not a lot of wax and as its quite wide there is not a great burn time. the new black larger candle may be better as its tall and thin rather than squat like the silver candle

another odd thing is the diffuser. the larger spa one has little throw compared to the smaller Fuego one. you would have thought the larger one would have more throw. the spa candles in the votives are super strong but no so much in the larger silver. oh and the spa is fantastic for relaxing is gorgeous in the votive. I always just stick to them but the TSV has the new black candle that I would bet burns well

Here are the ingredients for the candles

Ambar Oud10cl TSV Candle709901 628 00Warning, Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.Contains Cinnamyl alcohol,Geranyl acetate, Nerol, beta-Pinene, d-Limonene,dl-Citronellol,alpha-iso-Methylionone, Hydroxycitronellal,3 and 4-(4-Hydroxy-4-methylpentyl)-3-cyclohexene-1-carboxaldehyde, 2-Methyl-3-(p-isopropylphenyl)propionaldehyde, alpha-Methyl-1,3-benzodioxole-5-propionaldehyde, 1-(2,6,6,-Trimethylcyclohexa-1-3-dienyl)-2-buten-1-one,1-(2,2,6-Trimethylcyclohexyl)-3-hexanol, Formaldehyde cyclododecyl ethyl acetal.May produce an allergic reactionMHG.West Sussex. UK.RH103HX

Someone did put up photos of JF on stage and TV work as a child on here ages ago. Cannot remember if it was Grange Hill or Biker Grove she was in?

it was Grange Hill I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to try these but they are just too expensive for me, very small burn time for the money. I'm not suggesting they aren't high quality. I dont want a diffuser and would want a variety of scents to try, not just one. There is a five piece votive set but it is I think £44 for 25 hours burn.

I switched over in the ads and caught about two minutes of the pre-launch and was surprised to hear Jill say this whole brand is exclusive to Q. Did everyone else know that and so it's just me behind the curve? I looked on the Luxenoa website and the shopping link takes you to Q.

I do wonder how many exclusive brands does QVC have a hand in - whether investment or wholly owning. Its coincidental that new product lines come on board with a popular (and current) face to front them. Amanda Holden and Bundleberry - golden girl of the moment // Ruth Langsford's Edit - in everyone's homes daily /// Luxenoa - Rylan Whateverhisnameis popular last year and now reaching his peak promoting everything and presenting everywhere.

Giddy from my p&p refund cheque I've ordered the Spa version and the Fuego one on Advanced Order.

OMG I'm like those QVC queenies on facebook vowing to spend my refund at QVC, and being so grateful for the cheque as though it's a present!

:mysmilie_50:

:mysmilie_857: In my defence I'll probably never light the candles I keep (hypersensitive to smells)usually there's enough sent from the cold wax, even from cheap candles.

The outlaws will get the bits I can't use :werewolf: After 30 years of seeking and buying some beautiful gifts for them and receiving sh!te in return I've stopped putting much thought into their presents and they'll still be nicer than whatever they give me, their only son and their only grandkids (Bitter? Moi?):devil:

The boxes will be easy to wrap, and there's always the chance they'll be re-gifted to my daughter at a later date (I kid you not, it's happened before!):smirk:

Here are the ingredients for the candles

Ambar Oud10cl TSV Candle709901 628 00Warning, Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.Contains Cinnamyl alcohol,Geranyl acetate, Nerol, beta-Pinene, d-Limonene,dl-Citronellol,alpha-iso-Methylionone, Hydroxycitronellal,3 and 4-(4-Hydroxy-4-methylpentyl)-3-cyclohexene-1-carboxaldehyde, 2-Methyl-3-(p-isopropylphenyl)propionaldehyde, alpha-Methyl-1,3-benzodioxole-5-propionaldehyde, 1-(2,6,6,-Trimethylcyclohexa-1-3-dienyl)-2-buten-1-one,1-(2,2,6-Trimethylcyclohexyl)-3-hexanol, Formaldehyde cyclododecyl ethyl acetal.May produce an allergic reactionMHG.West Sussex. UK.RH103HX

Someone did put up photos of JF on stage and TV work as a child on here ages ago. Cannot remember if it was Grange Hill or Biker Grove she was in?

This is why I don't buy many brands of candle. YUK!

Giddy from my p&p refund cheque I've ordered the Spa version and the Fuego one on Advanced Order.

OMG I'm like those QVC queenies on facebook vowing to spend my refund at QVC, and being so grateful for the cheque as though it's a present!

:mysmilie_50:

:mysmilie_857: In my defence I'll probably never light the candles I keep (hypersensitive to smells)usually there's enough sent from the cold wax, even from cheap candles.

The outlaws will get the bits I can't use :werewolf: After 30 years of seeking and buying some beautiful gifts for them and receiving sh!te in return I've stopped putting much thought into their presents and they'll still be nicer than whatever they give me, their only son and their only grandkids (Bitter? Moi?):devil:

The boxes will be easy to wrap, and there's always the chance they'll be re-gifted to my daughter at a later date (I kid you not, it's happened before!):smirk:

OMG! Do you think they forgot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Akimbo, your in laws were obviously made in the same sweat shop as mine. I too put lots of thought into their gifts & all were received with their usual bad grace then the VCR was introduced & they were the first people we knew who bought one. After that it was easy - triple packs of blank tapes! She said that was all they'd ever want & they were all they ever had for EVERY birthday & Christmas from that day forward.

This is why I don't buy many brands of candle. YUK!

OMG! Do you think they forgot?

Well it's hard to say without asking them, but they'd had the re-gifter's foresight to keep the tag I'd written when I gave them the item; it was still tucked inside when my daughter opened it!

:mysmilie_19:

If it's the thought that counts, then what does this say? :mysmilie_11:

Well it's hard to say without asking them, but they'd had the re-gifter's foresight to keep the tag I'd written when I gave them the item; it was still tucked inside when my daughter opened it!

:mysmilie_19:

If it's the thought that counts, then what does this say? :mysmilie_11:

Recycling is “on trend” at the moment. Greta Thunder-Face would impressed.

I'm not averse to a bit of re-gifting myself but you should probably re-gift outside the family or friend circle that gave you the gift :taphead:

Ebay has been a boon for liquidating pressies that don't really suit; or maybe we should encourage ST forum members selling or swapping down in the Drop again; it's too quiet down there!

When I worked for M&S there'd be New Year returns that we could track back to sales a decade earlier. It was amusing to see the look on the face of the returner when told the last recorded sale price was 75p in 1978*. You could spot an embarrassing return approaching if it had Kimball Tags instead of a bar code (late 80s/ early 90s)

*these days the rules have changed and Markies won't accept these ancient returns...just as embarrassing for the customer though!

:mysmilie_17:

I'm not averse to a bit of re-gifting myself but you should probably re-gift outside the family or friend circle that gave you the gift :taphead:

Ebay has been a boon for liquidating pressies that don't really suit; or maybe we should encourage ST forum members selling or swapping down in the Drop again; it's too quiet down there!

When I worked for M&S there'd be New Year returns that we could track back to sales a decade earlier. It was amusing to see the look on the face of the returner when told the last recorded sale price was 75p in 1978*. You could spot an embarrassing return approaching if it had Kimball Tags instead of a bar code (late 80s/ early 90s)

*these days the rules have changed and Markies won't accept these ancient returns...just as embarrassing for the customer though!

:mysmilie_17:

Aha, odd/ancient returns. When I worked for Tesco back in the 80's an old lady brought back a tin of shoe polish with a 3d price on it and complained it had dried out :mysmilie_19: Then there was the wifey that brought back a nearly finished bottle of brandy and said the bottle must be faulty as the alcohol was evaporating - and just WHY was the husband with the red nose staring out the window as she told me this sad story :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_59: I loved that job he he he he he.

I too once took a gifted to me cami top (size 8 FFS) back to M&S only to be told it had cost 99p in last year's sale. I obviously didn't know that but the embarrassment was horrible. I threw it in the bin on the way out.

CC

Aha, odd/ancient returns. When I worked for Tesco back in the 80's an old lady brought back a tin of shoe polish with a 3d price on it and complained it had dried out :mysmilie_19: Then there was the wifey that brought back a nearly finished bottle of brandy and said the bottle must be faulty as the alcohol was evaporating - and just WHY was the husband with the red nose staring out the window as she told me this sad story :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_59: I loved that job he he he he he.

I too once took a gifted to me cami top (size 8 FFS) back to M&S only to be told it had cost 99p in last year's sale. I obviously didn't know that but the embarrassment was horrible. I threw it in the bin on the way out.

CC

My fave was when I worked at John Lewis etal. In the after 'holiday' period, my CSA called for me to authorise a return....on a bottle of Champagne!!!! that Sir & Madam had received as an unwanted gift (no receipt). It was completely unused, un tampered with etc & I may have considered the return, except that we didn't sell it!!!!!
I couldn't resist asking them beforehand, that if it was a gift (with no gift receipt being my underlying implication),how they knew that the gifter had purchased the champers from us in the first place!!!! Some ridiculous reply like 'well they look like they shop here'. FFS!

Latest posts

Back