jewellery/trinket boxes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
There's a lot of these boxes being given air time by various brands lately. All trying to outdo each other.

On the losing side must be Lola Rose at £38 for an ordinary box with photocopied prints covered in glass with an even larger version at £64, and Diamonique small travel version at £31. Amanda Holden with proper jewellery boxes -- TWO for £25 in velvet, Alison Cork calls hers a 'dressing table box' at £26, and now we have Julien McDonald at TWO for £29 (and the pink is my personal favourite).

But Homesense always have a good selection of these 'boxes' and normally under 20 quid.

I used to like the Mr Christmas boxes with the little snowy scenes on the lid and I had a lovely white jewellery box when I was a kid with a pink ballerina twirling away inside. I did quite like a couple of the Lola Rose ones and some of JM's things are OK but they don't really fit in with my decor. More clutter.

CC

Thats the thing is'nt it CC, we all have homes that we 'live' in, so we all accumulate clutter. These interior designers all subscribe to the theory of living in a luxury hotel suite where nothing is on show or out of place, with dark lamps and 3 artfully placed ornaments being the only signs of 'life' ! and certainly no Cozeehome bedding for sure.

I remember once working with a young woman and I was moving house at the time, and I was bemoaning about the number of boxes I needed and all the wrapping up I had to do beforehand. She then said she could box up her house in an afternoon ! I fell through the floor, but I suppose if you just have the necessary furniture without any fripperies, and the minimum crockery and cutlery, I suppose its feasible. It would take me an afternoon just to think about what I had got to do !

There's a lot of these boxes being given air time by various brands lately. All trying to outdo each other.

On the losing side must be Lola Rose at £38 for an ordinary box with photocopied prints covered in glass with an even larger version at £64, and Diamonique small travel version at £31. Amanda Holden with proper jewellery boxes -- TWO for £25 in velvet, Alison Cork calls hers a 'dressing table box' at £26, and now we have Julien McDonald at TWO for £29 (and the pink is my personal favourite).

But Homesense always have a good selection of these 'boxes' and normally under 20 quid.

Kabler the gabbler likes the Lola Rose boxes & thinks they're a perfect place to hide the remote controls as she hates them being visible.

Remember Lori Greiner and her initial shiny silver boxes?

I bought loads of them for me and my daughters all of us have the same initial and I saved a fortune on postage and packing charges: finally qualifying if you buy two or more of the same item

Remember Lori Greiner and her initial shiny silver boxes?

Yes I do and I also remember that roly poly jewellery box that rolled out flat, not that I had one as I had no jewellery to speak of at that time lol.

As for excess homeware, I have 5 nephews who clearly never talk to each other (or me come to that!) so I often get 5 mugs for Christmas, none matching the 5 mugs they bought me the Christmas before :mysmilie_17: I did manage to offload a couple of slankets to the youngest though so some comes in and some goes out.

CC

Blimey! She must have some pretty ugly ones then. Was that her sales pitch?

I'm sure it was the first time they were shown & she was on with Nikki's assistant. They both agreed that men didn't have an issue with the remote being seen but women did.

NOT having the remote on show ! thats a bit OTT excessive.

Yep, I also bought the Lori Greiner silver plated boxes. I remember buying the one with a rose on top of the lid, and the other was like a wrapped up gift box. Both given as xmas presents and were actually enthusiastically received.

Talking of Lola Rose boxes and Hone Sense. My sister bought the box with the picture of large green tropical leaves under glass on the lid. £15, no flaws as we could see. Well over £30 on Q, plus p&p. It is nice but not that nice.

Yep, I also bought the Lori Greiner silver plated boxes. I remember buying the one with a rose on top of the lid, and the other was like a wrapped up gift box. Both given as xmas presents and were actually enthusiastically received.

Loved the lori grenier trinket boxes! I gave several as gifts too.

Loved the lori grenier trinket boxes! I gave several as gifts too.

I bought a few of the Lori G silvertone or plated boxes in the shape of letters (about 10 years ago?) with anti-tarnish lining. Loved them and gave 3 as gifts which friends seemed to like, but after a couple of years my letter A one went pink, presumably where the silver wore off. I’m not impressed as it was hardly handled much at all. I am embarrassed that the same might have happened to my friends’ gifts - they wouldn’t mention it of course. Did anyone else have these boxes and did you find the same? I’m hoping not.

Yes I'd forgotten about the alphabet boxes, and I bought those too, and kept my own L which has weathered well, so hope the rest have/did.

Latest posts

Back