Dreadful reviews, but still they sell them

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've seen loads of dreadful reviews for QVC items, yet they persist in selling them year after year.

Watched a wet-wipe demo today, that magically cleans filthy ovens etc.

Many reviews are dreadful, and say they make no impression at all on a real dirty oven (I'm sure they just use brown sauce "dirt" in their demos).

Lots of reviews said it was too expensive to return them, having paid £4-95 PP to get them. So they will not benefit from the QVC PP refunds under CCR.

Many reviews also said the packaging was almost impossible to open.

These reviews go back 2 years, yet they still sell them, they obviously don't read the reviews, or else couldn't care less so long as they make a profit.

This is just one item, I've seen the same thing with many other items.

https://www.qvcuk.com/SFIXX-Pack-of-2-Supa-Wipes.product.510015.html?sc=IROA

And then I read the reviews for another item on the same DIY show, even worse reviews.

For example - - - -

This tape is absolutely useless! I don’t know what else the demonstrator was using but it certainly wasn’t just this tape... he stuck all sorts of things up but I can’t even get a tiny plastic shelf to stick. I cleaned the surface thoroughly and applied the tape exactly as instructed... the 100g shelf I stuck to the wall fell off within seconds. I reaffixed it and pressed hard to make sure it stuck, it felt firm so I left it to cure before putting anything on it.... walked back to the lounge and ‘bang’ it was down again. I tried four times before giving up. This rubbish doesn’t stick to anything - AVOID BUYING. More wasted p&p.... whatever happened to the Quality in QVC?

LINK to item - - - -

https://www.qvcuk.com/SFIXX-Set-of-3-25mm-Ultra-Tape.product.517654.html?sc=IROA

Review headings - - -

Absolute Rubbish

Terrible!!!

Don’t buy this tape

Absolute rubbish (DO. NOT BUY THIS TAPE)

Not fit for purpose

And yet they still sell it, they are like a market stall seller

100% agree about Luxform, they go rusty and then don't work. I had super sticky hooks that weren't sticky and wouldn't hold up a tea towel and under cupboard lights that didn't light up. Rubbish.

Plus the LAB gadget that didn't drop 30 years off my appearance.

CC

When a product "bombs" they occasionally bring it back as new, but under a different number so you can't check the reviews. I just wish they'd bring some new products, rather than the "same old, same old."

Ditto their TSVs which are so often repeats from before or from the same company like Dyson, Shark, Luxform etc etc.

Not one of the products mentioned but the same brand, Supafixx, saved our roof.

We had a leak halfway through an almighty storm and I remember I'd bought a can so shoved it in OH's hand and set him up the loft. It was a shot in the dark but the best thing I've ever bought from Q. It literally saved a huge mess (and an almighty insurance claim) with all the water coming in and the leak has remained sealed. The cans get bad reviews as the stuff is hard to get out but when it's out it works - even under water.

We've since found it in tubes (silicone gun-type) on the Supafixx website. Cheap, too. We did get a tube off Amazon but a lot more expensive. Tried ordering from Supafixx direct but they keep asking for all your details and then, just as you fill them all in, it asks you to contact them instead. We did several times and never had a reply.

Gutted about this as the Supabond is a good product (unlike the products the reviewers apparently hate).

So right about the reviews. I see the Molton Brown advent calendar at £202.95 inc P&P (last year’s edition, as mentioned elsewhere, and dearer than the 2019 one from MB direct) has two reviews, both one star, pointing out the age and relative price, but you can bet it will still be bought up by the QVC faithful.

So right about the reviews. I see the Molton Brown advent calendar at £202.95 inc P&P (last year’s edition, as mentioned elsewhere, and dearer than the 2019 one from MB direct) has two reviews, both one star, pointing out the age and relative price, but you can bet it will still be bought up by the QVC faithful.

I’m shocked by this. Complete dishonesty verging on fraud ! I like the M&S advent calendar and get a couple to give as presents every year.

I’m shocked by this. Complete dishonesty verging on fraud ! I like the M&S advent calendar and get a couple to give as presents every year.

Me too. I have had the M&S one the past three years and have been thrilled with the contents and value. I see on eBay, quite a few “do a QVC” and sell previous years’ calendars (complete, unopened) at higher prices than they would have paid.

I had this with the Solitha solar garden lights. The ones they had last year were great. Bought them again this year and they are rubbish. Have loads of bad reviews but they Still sell them. They bombed in the US but they still released them here

I don't do wipes of any kind whats wrong with a cloth and turps to clean off paint??? and to pay so much money for something you will just bin is a waste of money!

Perhaps they enter watertight contracts with these companies which requires them to buy a certain amount of stock and/or feature the brand for a certain amount of time ? If so, they obviously don’t test the items properly. They are ok with the main brands but these unknown products seem to get pushed out without research or user testing.

Still selling the dreadful item, but have deleted all reviews

https://www.qvcuk.com/SFIXX-Set-of-3-25mm-Ultra-Tape.product.517654.html?sc=IROA

This is the tape I mentioned earlier, but all reviews have been deleted!

HOWEVER, someone has sneaked reviews into some of the answers eg - - -

In answer to the question about whether it can be removed - - - You don’t need to wait, it falls off again in minutes! It is useless... check the reviews

I'll try again,perhaps they went temporarily when the item was re-aired today.

I did think it was clever to hide a couple of review in the "answers" though.

I'll try again,perhaps they went temporarily when the item was re-aired today.

I did think it was clever to hide a couple of review in the "answers" though.

Can't find any. I even clicked on the "read reviews" near the top of the page, but it just took me to the questions.

Perhaps QVC have banned me from reading them after starting this thread???

Can anyone else see them?

Been experimenting (my browser is EDGE which is recommended for Win 10).

I can't read MOST reviews, when I just click on an item to open it. But I can read reviews of SOME items when I do this, so very mysterious.

But if I open any item in a NEW TAB, I can read the reviews of ALL items OK. including for the tape with the link above.

Very strange, I wonder if it is my end, or some new quirk in Q's website?

Latest posts

Back