Another shambles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I have been waiting a refund on the Radley TSV bag which was returned and signed for by QVC on 10/9, I have the time and name of the person who signed receipt.It has not been shown as returned on my account status and I have waited the 14 days as requested by QVC.That time is up and I have phoned Customer services to be told they will be sending me a letter so they can investigate!I have the Tracking number so this is not a fault of Royal Mail or myself but their internal mismanagement.Has anyone else had a similar experience?So a further wait for the £166.92 to be credited to my Card.

That's beyond shambolic & the concept sending out a letter belongs to a former age. Unfortunately they seem untouchable & even closing your account wouldn't faze them, perhaps an email to someone at the top might get things moving.

I have been waiting a refund on the Radley TSV bag which was returned and signed for by QVC on 10/9, I have the time and name of the person who signed receipt.It has not been shown as returned on my account status and I have waited the 14 days as requested by QVC.That time is up and I have phoned Customer services to be told they will be sending me a letter so they can investigate!I have the Tracking number so this is not a fault of Royal Mail or myself but their internal mismanagement.Has anyone else had a similar experience?So a further wait for the £166.92 to be credited to my Card.

I havent had that problem but I returned a ring at Christmas and the lady in the Post Office advised me to pay extra for insurance because as it was obvious what it was, it could go walkabout - you know what I mean. I am not defending qvc but there is a chance that it hasn't reached them but has got 'lost' in transit. You will get the money back but they will want to contact Royal Mail as you have a tracking number. I dont know what arrangement they have with Royal Mail but usually if an item is tracked, then it should be signed for. Good luck, I hope you arent left waiting for too long as its a lot of money

Thanks Twilight! It is on my Credit card so hoping for refund before the DD payment is due.The bag was on Waitlist in the colour I had ordered so will either have gone walkabout in their warehouse or be with another customer who will have paid for it so they will be holding 2 payments for 1 item!

My blood is boiling for you already. It started as soon as I read “they will be sending me a letter”.

Here is another letter:

Dear Channel 4,

Following on from your success in uncovering a serious error in QVC’s policy on postage refunds on certain returns, perhaps your Supershoppers team would like to investigate another type of scandal with QVC’s returns and inordinate delays with refunds thereon.

Yours,

Many subscribers to the ShoppingTelly.com Forum

Thanks puffin88, I have the time and name of the person who signed for it and the 2 RM sorting offices it went through.I posted it at 12.03 on 9/9 went to Preston, Warrington & delivered at 08:01 on 10/9!

Thanks puffin88, I have the time and name of the person who signed for it and the 2 RM sorting offices it went through.I posted it at 12.03 on 9/9 went to Preston, Warrington & delivered at 08:01 on 10/9!

That will teach me for not reading your post properly Silver Fox. I realise now that it has been signed for so there is absolutely no excuse for them not refunding your money immediately. I wouldnt wait for the letter but would ask to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up. If you go on at them enough you will probably get your return postage refunded as I had a go at them for trying to sell me some garden lights which had really bad reviews on the USA website. I told them that they should never have put them on sale in this country when there was clearly something wrong with them. They apologised and refunded the return postage. Mind you they are still trying to flog them even though the reviews are bad.

Great minds & all that Puffin48! I have just called in at my local PO to check the situation & they confirmed it has been sent in the correct way & has been received.So I am going to call CS again and speak to a Supervisor.

Great minds & all that Puffin48! I have just called in at my local PO to check the situation & they confirmed it has been sent in the correct way & has been received.So I am going to call CS again and speak to a Supervisor.

Keep us informed of your progress please.

Result! Thanks for all advice they are processing my refund to card no letters required.They did try to deduct my original P&P but NOOOO excuse me, probably should have gone for return cost too butI am satisfied with that! Will now keep a check on bank statement.They probably think they have done me a big favour! The POWER of shoppingtelly forum! Thanks all!xxxx!

Thank goodness for that. I was like AndiK with the boiling of the blood! If you could give them the full tracking number, history, and name of their employee why the **** should you have to do any more? They can type in the number to the RM website and see it all for themselves. Honestly.

What annoys me is that although we on this forum all seem savvy about what is right and wrong about the way QVC operate and articulate and assertive, other customers are not. I feel sorry for those who don’t use computers and/or trust QVC absolutely and are grateful and praise their customer services team when a problem is solved, perhaps in a timescale that would be unacceptable to us.

Result! Thanks for all advice they are processing my refund to card no letters required.They did try to deduct my original P&P but NOOOO excuse me, probably should have gone for return cost too butI am satisfied with that! Will now keep a check on bank statement.They probably think they have done me a big favour! The POWER of shoppingtelly forum! Thanks all!xxxx!

I am so pleased Silver Fox. It just goes to show if you rattle their cage, then they will act. I would have asked for the return postage because of all the stress you have been caused but if you are happy with the outcome thats great. Hope you get it back in the next few days

That will teach me for not reading your post properly Silver Fox. I realise now that it has been signed for so there is absolutely no excuse for them not refunding your money immediately. I wouldnt wait for the letter but would ask to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up. If you go on at them enough you will probably get your return postage refunded as I had a go at them for trying to sell me some garden lights which had really bad reviews on the USA website. I told them that they should never have put them on sale in this country when there was clearly something wrong with them. They apologised and refunded the return postage. Mind you they are still trying to flog them even though the reviews are bad.

Just as I said in my recent thread about still selling stuff with dreadful reviews - - - they just don't care

I have been with Q for a long time & caused a great deal of amusement when I was at work & someone asked what QVC stood for and I was able to recite Quality—-etc.!Most I have no complaints with them & have found CS always helpful but occasionally you get someone who does not have the authority to make a decision.I now use them only if it is an offer I cannot find better elsewhere and really want with careful consideration.If I find I am in the right I will fight all the way, as an ex. husband many moons ago found out & more recently those involved in my house purchase.Give everyone the benefit of the doubt Until they overstep the line.

With so many savvy people on here, it's a shame that one of the forumites can't go into QVC to show them how to action refunds within a day or so, like other companies can, instead of 2 weeks.

They do warn you that a refund can take up to 14 days when you're waiting for CS to answer the phone but, in this day and age, a 2 week wait is ridiculous!

They could also do with a lesson in packaging. I ordered the BOM last week and it arrived today in its own box, inside a much bigger box and inside a huge blue plastic bag. In comparison, an Amazon order containing a similarly sized item, arrived in a cardboard envelope type package, that can be recycled, and that fitted easily through the letterbox.

My account is showing item returned, the red button has been pressed.HSBC get ready for influx of cash, holds breath!

They can issue refunds instantly. I bought an outdoor rug for my caravan and it didn't arrive. Yodel swore blind they'd delivered it but they hadn't delivered it to me. I phoned CS who said they'd contact Yodel, 5 minutes later CS were back on the phone issuing me a refund to my card (it went straight back to my account). I thought they had found out it had been abducted and was no fault of mine so all was well. Then a couple of hours later there was a knock on the door and a guy in a white van handed over the missing rug. The conundrum was now that I had the goods after all and hadn't paid, what to do what to do :mysmilie_11:

CC

I did of course phone back QVC and re-pay.

Sheer incompetence. It's a miracle they have moved on from parchment and quills. Their business practices are beyond a joke at this point.

I went to my beautician at the weekend, and paid her when I got home. The payment was in her account 2 hours later. What is wrong with them is they want your money ASAP, but they will hang onto what they owe you until the last possible moment or even longer, if they can get away with it. Today's rapid banking technology, available to us all, shows them up time and again.

Well it is quite simple my purchasing from QVC has dwindled and will now dry up unless it is something I really really want and am sure I will not be returning.I will be interested to see how long this refund take to get into my account.

Latest posts

Back