Personalised jewellery and 30 day mbg ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I see Q are now selling a range of personalised jewellery which is engraved with names and/or personal messages. I wonder how this will work with the 30 day mbg when someone orders a personally scripted pendant and then thinks it simply isn`t worth the asking price or they totally dislike it ?
There`s bracelets, pendants,earrings, rings and cufflinks.
How can Q re sell them if returned ? Imagine someone asking for "Love you lots my chunky monkey"engraved on a pendant then returning it, could be a very long time before Q gets someone else asking for the same message !
https://www.qvcuk.com/jewellery/personalised-jewellery/_/N-8evk1t/c.html?sc=PSCH

I see Q are now selling a range of personalised jewellery which is engraved with names and/or personal messages. I wonder how this will work with the 30 day mbg when someone orders a personally scripted pendant and then thinks it simply isn`t worth the asking price or they totally dislike it ?
There`s bracelets, pendants,earrings, rings and cufflinks.
How can Q re sell them if returned ? Imagine someone asking for "Love you lots my chunky monkey"engraved on a pendant then returning it, could be a very long time before Q gets someone else asking for the same message !
https://www.qvcuk.com/jewellery/personalised-jewellery/_/N-8evk1t/c.html?sc=PSCH

I'll buy it lol

I can honestly say, I’m not one bit tempted look similar to the dog disc we got done for our lab when he was a puppy

It look like links stuff..I would love the photo pendant with my mum in it ...:heart:

I see that its sterling silver, so perhaps it could be re-melted down, which means there isn't a stash of products that get binned.

My ultra-suspicious mind is working overtime on this. What if this is a slippery slope toward the end of the MBG for every item sold by QVC ? perhaps they will test the waters to see if people will buy without it ?

My ultra-suspicious mind is working overtime on this. What if this is a slippery slope toward the end of the MBG for every item sold by QVC ? perhaps they will test the waters to see if people will buy without it ?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe in the future the 30 day mbg will come with exemptions like beauty products and food, the things they can’t resell.

Well my long awaited ( that is how it seems!) refund is showing on my Credit card! I think you are right they will look at the refunds and be looking at how much this costs them.I have to say when I return it is a product I have not used / worn apart from trying on & for beauty may have used a couple of times but no where near the full amount.

Personalised Jewellery

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the personalised jewellery that Q have on their website is covered by the 30 day MBG as, in everyone shop or (posh word alert) emporium, once it is personalised for obvious reasons it can't be returned, just wondering what the state of play is with regards to Q, I know they like to think that they are 'famous' for their MBG, but just wondering if anyone knew with regards to this.

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the personalised jewellery that Q have on their website is covered by the 30 day MBG as, in everyone shop or (posh word alert) emporium, once it is personalised for obvious reasons it can't be returned, just wondering what the state of play is with regards to Q, I know they like to think that they are 'famous' for their MBG, but just wondering if anyone knew with regards to this.

Thanks in advance,

I'm sure there was another thread about this late last month, some of us even wondered if this was the start of the mbg having exemptions. I can't see how personalised items can be accepted back & many companies have that policy.

As far as I remember personalised items and special orders are excluded from the usual return protection (in QVC's case the 30 day mbg). Ofcourse if they cock up and spell a name incorrectly or the chain is broken or isn't made of sterling silver as advertised then you're statutory consumer protection still applies.

I had a script necklace of my daughter's unusual name a few years ago and the first one was incorrectly spelled, they took it back and re-made it because I could prove I'd supplied the correct spelling. In my current state of mind I don't need a written reminder of my Mum, sister or kids' names on jewellery, a T-shirt or a tattoo. Maybe once I develop Old-timers' Disease having a pendant with my name and postcode could be helpful; or being micro-chipped like our cat.

:mysmilie_482:

Latest posts

Back