Yankee Candles TSV 01/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I burned the medium glittering star and it was gorgeous that had poor reviews but I have been buying glittering star since last winter. bought it at Debenhams and I have to say the QVC one is better than the Debenhams candle

I have lit my Apple Wreath candles & have to say the large one smells wonderful. However, despite lighting both small together in one room and both medium in another room there is no scent to them, or very very little. Anyone else had the same problem? I will be complaining as not a happy bunny.

Oops I must have missed your post before I posted mine - not at all well atm so not able to read much and was dictating message!

Anyway your experience is exactly what the reviews are complaining about...
Well done for getting replacements!

I don’t know what to do because I have burned large jar (good) but the others are for gifts... do I try burning a small and a medium in case and try to get a refund if they’re not up to scratch?! Hate to give a rubbish candle to someone!

(My post so you know what I’m on about...!

Hiya

I just wondered if anyone who bought the TSV has burnt their candles yet?

The reason I ask is that the reviews for it are very mixed - with about 25 one star ones. They all complain about extreme lack of scent. Even people who know and previously purchased certain fragrances are saying that this lot must’ve been made for QVC and/or is not up to scratch... :(

More worrying for me is they’ve said that in some lots, the large jar is okay but the medium and small jars of the same option is almost without smell...

I’ve burnt about half a large jar of mine (Midnight Jasmine) and although it does seem quite bad at tunnelling, it smells okay. But I bought all the others to give as gifts and would hate to give “duff” ones to people!

Link to item in case anyone wants to read the reviews!

https://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ion-_-P710720&)

Oops I must have missed your post before I posted mine - not at all well atm so not able to read much and was dictating message!

I don’t know what to do because I have burned large jar (good) but the others are for gifts... do I try burning a small and a medium in case and try to get a refund if they’re not up to scratch?! Hate to give a rubbish candle to someone!

Hiya

The reason I ask is that the reviews for it are very mixed - with about 25 one star ones. They all complain about extreme lack of scent. Even people who know and previously purchased certain fragrances are saying that this lot must’ve been made for QVC and/or is not up to scratch... :(

More worrying for me is they’ve said that in some lots, the large jar is okay but the medium and small jars of the same option is almost without smell...

I’ve burnt about half a large jar of mine (Midnight Jasmine) and although it does seem quite bad at tunnelling, it smells okay. But I bought all the others to give as gifts and would hate to give “duff” ones to people!

buy it and try it its rare that I have returned yankees but I have done you may lose the original postage cost but they pick it up for free because of the weight. I am impressed with Glittering star tbh want to buy the spiced orange next

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiya

Give them as gifts but say you have seen mixed reviews on them, if they have a problem with them to tell you so you can get a replacement.

if you want a nice Christmas winter collection this is a steal https://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-3-Piece-Christmas-Pillars.product.710220.html?sc=SRCH its from the USA and its got great reviews I think its a winner plus the jars are beautiful I will be keeping mine when the wax is gone

oh more info they have two wicks and a soy wax so the burn is fabulous and it pools quickly

Aaargh, Boffy, stop it! I want to get these and they'll go nicely in my Culinary Concepts lantern thingy. Can I spend that though, blahhhhhh. Good reviews though, might just have to do it.

CC

Aaargh, Boffy, stop it! I want to get these and they'll go nicely in my Culinary Concepts lantern thingy. Can I spend that though, blahhhhhh. Good reviews though, might just have to do it.

CC

its a good set and all have the real yankee throw reminds me of the old Christmas fragrances fragrances I would have bought many years ago from QVC

its a good set and all have the real yankee throw reminds me of the old Christmas fragrances fragrances I would have bought many years ago from QVC

Oh I was nearly tempted there, but luckily one of them is Christmas Cookie so I wont be buying! That was close!

Have just phoned CS, lovely person I have to say. She said they will send another 2 small & 2 medium & if these are the same will arrange refund. I’m happy with that.

The replacements never came so I phoned today & they stated that they couldn’t send part of an order & that they would refund all of the order incl p&p & I could keep the candles.

Latest posts

Back