Links of london in trouble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I worked in the City of London when they opened up one of their first shops, near my office. Their products were completely different from the typical jewellery lines. Exquisitely designed and very good quality - heavy silver. Very expensive so bought by the more well-paid City workers. They then moved from this business model and cheapened the product, making the brand widely available. It’s lost it’s cache, overtaken by Pandora (who could go the same way for the same reasons).

So much cheap overpriced made, especially for QVC tat. It seemed to be the same necklace every TSV thin lightweight and people bought just because it was Links Of London. A friend has an original Sweetie Bracelet and it is heavyweight silver and lasted years.

I worked in the City of London when they opened up one of their first shops, near my office. Their products were completely different from the typical jewellery lines. Exquisitely designed and very good quality - heavy silver. Very expensive so bought by the more well-paid City workers. They then moved from this business model and cheapened the product, making the brand widely available. It’s lost it’s cache, overtaken by Pandora (who could go the same way for the same reasons).

Do you mean in the Royal Exchange? I worked near there - it's where I also learned about Lulu Guinness, l'Occitane and Molton Brown, as well as Hermes, Jo Malone and all those other shops the men used to flock to around 22 December!!

It was the LOL packaging which attracted a lot of QVC customers which is daft IMO because you don`t wear the box or the bag around your neck. The QVC stuff always looked poor quality and there were frequent poor reviews. I`ve never bought the brand and it sounds as if they started off good but then went the way of many others ie cut the quality but upped the prices.

Do you mean in the Royal Exchange? I worked near there - it's where I also learned about Lulu Guinness, l'Occitane and Molton Brown, as well as Hermes, Jo Malone and all those other shops the men used to flock to around 22 December!!

And Tiffany's. It was always like a stampede round there about a day before Christmas and quiet the rest of the year! Except bonus day for traders of course. A friend and I always used to make a point of walking past the Loccy shop to see if there was actually a customer inside, and would email each other if there was a rare sighting, lol.

Agree Vienna they were always going on about the packaging and the name.The jewellery to me never seemed worth any where near the prices they were charging.It is the sort of jewellery that can be copied for much cheaper prices the name means nothing to me.

And Tiffany's. It was always like a stampede round there about a day before Christmas and quiet the rest of the year! Except bonus day for traders of course. A friend and I always used to make a point of walking past the Loccy shop to see if there was actually a customer inside, and would email each other if there was a rare sighting, lol.

Oh yeah, Tiffany’s. I did queue for the sale at the Gucci shop once (only a few queuing) and bought a bag which I must give an airing again as it’s lovely.

the shops are always empty and the staff bored because of lack of customers not surprised!

Yes I was in the Nat West Tower as it was then. The RE was like Aladdin’s Cave, back in the days when it was routine to escape the office for an hour at lunchtime !

Yes I was in the Nat West Tower as it was then. The RE was like Aladdin’s Cave, back in the days when it was routine to escape the office for an hour at lunchtime !

Oh yes, now Tower 42 (or has it changed again?). I was latterly just off Moorgate so the RE was a bit too handy for me as well.

I was given the chance to have a LOL bracelet for a birthday present. I didn’t want one and so he bought a Pandora bracelet for me instead, which he’s now filled with charms.

LOL always seemed overpriced to me. It is a shame though that people will lose their jobs if the company isn’t rescued.

Latest posts

Back