OTOs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I am very confused about the OTOs these days (One Time Only).

In the olden days when I actually watched QVC, there was only an OTO when the TSV had sold out, and it only lasted for an hour during the show when the TSV sold out.

It was quite exciting to find out what it would be, and the prices were really low, so they sold out very quickly. I had some real bargains myself.

These days, SCW posts lists of OTOs every day, regardless of whether the TSV sells out or not. And I checked today's list, and they are all available at any time of the day.

So they are completely different to the previous OTOs, in fact, more like normal clearance items.

Have I got it wrong? What is the point of them these days?

my point of view is nothing is the same as It used to be....QVc will always change but never for the better or to make life easier for its customers

Since the 9pm TSV launch started they often don't show an OTO in a show which comes after last showing of that days TSV.

I am very confused about the OTOs these days (One Time Only).

In the olden days when I actually watched QVC, there was only an OTO when the TSV had sold out, and it only lasted for an hour during the show when the TSV sold out.

It was quite exciting to find out what it would be, and the prices were really low, so they sold out very quickly. I had some real bargains myself.

These days, SCW posts lists of OTOs every day, regardless of whether the TSV sells out or not. And I checked today's list, and they are all available at any time of the day.

So they are completely different to the previous OTOs, in fact, more like normal clearance items.

Have I got it wrong? What is the point of them these days?

I think they used to do them when the TSV sold out but sometimes also when they had had the last showing of the TSV for the day. It was rare (in my relatively limited experience) to be able to get an item still at the OTO price after midnight. Over time, they’ve blurred the lines on OTOs like they have with “Today’s” Special Value (now available well in advance, the pre-launches at 9pm).

And I agree, as the OTOs have become less exclusive, they’ve also become less of a good deal. I, too, had some great bargains in my early Q shopping days but now I rarely do more than glance at their “offers”. By the way, have they also stopped Last Clicks and As Is offers? Someone will probably tell me that was ages ago!

I think they used to do them when the TSV sold out but sometimes also when they had had the last showing of the TSV for the day. It was rare (in my relatively limited experience) to be able to get an item still at the OTO price after midnight. Over time, they’ve blurred the lines on OTOs like they have with “Today’s” Special Value (now available well in advance, the pre-launches at 9pm).

And I agree, as the OTOs have become less exclusive, they’ve also become less of a good deal. I, too, had some great bargains in my early Q shopping days but now I rarely do more than glance at their “offers”. By the way, have they also stopped Last Clicks and As Is offers? Someone will probably tell me that was ages ago!

I searched for these, it just came up with "all new clearance" and "further reductions" where they were at "special prices".

And "as is" now seems to be "outlet prices".

QUOTE: What's an outlet product? - outlet products are products which we're offering you at a reduced price as they may be returns from other customers or come from discounted ranges. They may not be in their original manufactured condition, however they will have undergone thorough testing before we choose to re-sell them. They may not be in their original packaging and on occasion we will repackage them ourselves. Although the product's original manufacturer warranty will no longer apply, an outlet product will still be sold under our 30-day money back guarantee.

So no guarantee at all then, apart from the 30 day MBG.

And can you really believe that they are "thoroughly tested"?

NO

This Mally set has been lurking at a One Time Only price for a couple of weeks! It still hasn't sold out! Back in the day an OTO would sell out in minutes (maybe panic bought driven by over-excited presentation) which was why they were more hidden than they are now.

QUOTE: What's an outlet product? - outlet products are products which we're offering you at a reduced price as they may be returns from other customers or come from discounted ranges. They may not be in their original manufactured condition, however they will have undergone thorough testing before we choose to re-sell them. They may not be in their original packaging and on occasion we will repackage them ourselves. Although the product's original manufacturer warranty will no longer apply, an outlet product will still be sold under our 30-day money back guarantee.

So no guarantee at all then, apart from the 30 day MBG.

And can you really believe that they are "thoroughly tested"?

Coconut mushroom anyone? Cheque book even! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back