Marla Wynne shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Is it just me but everytime I switch on the main channel or Style a Marla Wynne show pops up. I quite like her clothes but I feel there is a bit of overkill at the moment.

Do you think they have dumped Yong Kim and the other one which names escapes me at the moment in favour of Marla.

Is it just me but everytime I switch on the main channel or Style a Marla Wynne show pops up. I quite like her clothes but I feel there is a bit of overkill at the moment.

Do you think they have dumped Yong Kim and the other one which names escapes me at the moment in favour of Marla.

I think you're right. Could the other one be Join?

there was a Marlawynne quilted coat that looked like it strayed from a Primark shop. its padding was polyester not even down for that money £135.00. I dont think her stuff is with 1/4 of what it sells for. you can see the designs they are trying to copy but when you gt the item home they are not great. the cuts over the size large are a joke.

I like the look of some of the MW pieces but would never consider ordering to even try.They are overpriced for what they are and are the sort of garments where I would want to try at least a couple of sizes.The cost of that would be so OTT in P&p especially with returns.From what I see from some reviews the fit and quality are a bit hit and miss too.

25 Join items on the website, all at Special price. There are 32 from Yong Kim & 8 are at Special price. By contrast MarlaWynne/WynneLayers show 292 with 104 at Special price & most of these look like summer styles. Those figures tell their own story. Can anyone tell that I'm bored?

there was a Marlawynne quilted coat that looked like it strayed from a Primark shop. its padding was polyester not even down for that money £135.00. I dont think her stuff is with 1/4 of what it sells for. you can see the designs they are trying to copy but when you gt the item home they are not great. the cuts over the size large are a joke.

Re the cuts over the large size: How so, Boffy?

Well I don't know when the Join shows were on in the last year or so, but I cant remember seeing them, and Evie has been seconded into guesting on other shows.

I agree that MW is on too much, but as I don’t like her clothes I don’t feel I’m missing out when I change channels. The only item that I might consider is the balloon dress, but I still think it’s pricey for what it is. I suppose these designers can mark up the price because their name is on the label but before I saw her clothes on QVC I’d never heard of her.

Some of Yong Kim’s clothes were alright but, again, too expensive for what they are especially as the designs would be easy to copy. And as for Join ..... I personally don’t think that the ”one size fits all” is ideal. It just makes me think that they can’t be bothered to employ a fit model.

I agree that MW is on too much, but as I don’t like her clothes I don’t feel I’m missing out when I change channels. The only item that I might consider is the balloon dress, but I still think it’s pricey for what it is. I suppose these designers can mark up the price because their name is on the label but before I saw her clothes on QVC I’d never heard of her.

Some of Yong Kim’s clothes were alright but, again, too expensive for what they are especially as the designs would be easy to copy. And as for Join ..... I personally don’t think that the ”one size fits all” is ideal. It just makes me think that they can’t be bothered to employ a fit model.

I've got an original balloon dress & the daftly named coatigan. I bought both from eBay, they're good quality & well made. Having written that I've had both of them about three years & the complaints about shoddy material, wonky seams & poor stitching seem to apply more recent items. I wear the balloon dress with boots & an infinity scarf & it looks smart but it's impossible to wear with a coat; I did try a wrap but looked like Margaret Rutherford when she played Madame Arcati in Blithe Spirit :mysmilie_19:

Melissa Hardy the Guest Presenter was saying the other day Marla Wynne is increasing in popularity doubt it will topple Kim & Co though.

the scale is all wrong just because your a size 22 don't mean your ankles/ wrists are 5 times the normal size. loads of fabric where it should not be

Totally agree ! More than once I have sent for slim leg ankle skimming trousers (I favour the shorter look), but yes, being a size 22 in trousers the cutters imagine wrongly that everything else is humungous ! so I end up not getting a slim ankle look, but great swathes of fabric that look ridiculous.

And the same with sleeve lengths. I don't have particularly long or short arms, but order a large size to accommodate a generous bust, and yep you're assumed to have the arms of an orangutan ! so then its the added cost of having the cuffs shortened.

when I go to shops like M&S they collaborate perfectly. they had some skinny jeans I am a size 22 and even though they were too big I needed to size down they were skinny on the legs like they should be. with MW the amount of fabrication (a QVC word) could make another garment or two

With MW garments you would think they are a godsend for larger ladies, but no who wants to be swathed in folds of fabric to make you look bigger?They are often basic shapes which do not hang well.It is almost like getting a blanket cutting a hole for the head & here with have the ship in full sail effect.

Melissa Hardy the Guest Presenter was saying the other day Marla Wynne is increasing in popularity doubt it will topple Kim & Co though.

Melissa Hardy oh my word does she get paid the for number of times she uses words like lux, gorgeous, Marla does this like no other, Marla’s fabrics are luxurious, her designs are stunning, her shades are exquisite, her clothes are just to be beholden etc. etc. etc. So far over the flipping top, it’s totally unreal.
No one gets of my nerves like she does with all her pontificating, she totally gives the impression she thinks she looks fantastic in the clothing. I’ve yet to see her look anything like descent in anything I’ve seen her wear.
Wish Marks would offer her a job back. :mysmilie_50::mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back