Jilly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Something I thought I’d never hear from Jilly you may want to get many of these and put them away.
Even though you may not know just who they are for as yet. (Kipling Shopper bags £36.00)
Later on went on to say you may have many friends, sisters or nieces who you can match the colours to each one of them.

Sorry Jilly but I think working at Q you have lost the plot and stooping to low to flog stuff.
I’m not about to shell out £36 each for multiple gifts to stuff away in a drawer. Also just in case they can be given and have no idea who they are for.

I’ve never rated Jilly Halliday, her BS/hard sell slips right under most peoples radar. Also when she starts her spiel off with “I’ve got be honest......” you know that’s exactly what she’s not going to be.

I don’t know who they think their audience are. I could not possibly afford to give gifts costing that amount with three daughters and five granddaughters for starters. They must think we are all as well off as they are. It’s getting more and more ridiculous.

I think there’s definitely this now lack of preparation and full knowledge of items the presenters are selling. There’s so much this turning to the guest all the time. Then to take over the sell the presenters start with this spiel of, give it to x or x and x or wear at x or x matched with x and x. Rather than giving full information regarding the products. Surely the viewers will know with product information who an item is suitable for or if they would wear an item.

I rarely watch "fashion" shows and not many beauty either anymore, but when I do catch the odd one, I almost never hear them give basic information such as the fabric content or dimensions etc.
Yes they will usually reel off the bust and length sizes, but rarely anything else.

Actually it's not just fashion or beauty (where I'm shocked how much they gloss over the precise product volume for example!), it's most items!

There are so often lots of questions posted on the website - especially for TSV's - asking for what is quite fundamental information. And they're asking because it wasn't mentioned in the presentation OR in website blurb!

Sorry rant over!

(And yes Jilly does my head in too, find her quite disingenuous, and all she ever says is "you're gonna love it"..! How do we know?!)

I rarely watch "fashion" shows and not many beauty either anymore, but when I do catch the odd one, I almost never hear them give basic information such as the fabric content or dimensions etc.
Yes they will usually reel off the bust and length sizes, but rarely anything else.

Actually it's not just fashion or beauty (where I'm shocked how much they gloss over the precise product volume for example!), it's most items!

There are so often lots of questions posted on the website - especially for TSV's - asking for what is quite fundamental information. And they're asking because it wasn't mentioned in the presentation OR in website blurb!

Sorry rant over!

(And yes Jilly does my head in too, find her quite disingenuous, and all she ever says is "you're gonna love it"..! How do we know?!)

Before we jump to our phones we are expected to research product details ourself because them informing us interferes with their constant inane waffling.

I was gobsmacked the other day, Chloe Everton was waffling on about favourite “portable snacks” while the bag was just sitting there, they didn’t give the size or show around it or inside it no, it just sat there while she was on about her favourite snack, absolutely unbelievable. Imagine if you was in a shop and asked the shop assistant about the bag then she totally ignored the question and started going on about favourite snacks.......only at QVC.

Jilly has always done the 'this is going really really fast. And jump to the phones', for years but because she can be quieter than most of the presenters seems to get away with it. I always found her annoying.

These presenters think we are as stupid as they are. Yes, even DF with her references to having an A level in Archaeology and a degree from the LSE. Their pantomime behaviour and showing off shows a lack of intelligence and what is it with all these blogs showing off about holidays. Anyone would think that Kathy Taylor was presenting a holiday show instead of selling things on telly.

She thinks the Hobbs Audrey jumper is a perfect Christmas present - a mere £69.80.

Is it 25% or 30% discount they get so do they see these items at the price they would pay

I am sure that they have huge discounts in addition to many freebies. Julia Roberts in her sickening new blog where she shows off about being a superwoman, with her staggering achievements all in one day, shares with us that she has been given a Le Creuset casserole to “ try out “. I assume it is on permanent loan. Simon Biagi in a blog entitled - There’s Loads in Store - shares with us that he has been asked to “ try out “ some cufflinks.
Debbie Flint has been enjoying her Velvetiser, she doesn’t say if she bought it or is trying it out.......

I don’t have a great deal of knowledge about tax law apart from knowing that I pay a great deal in taxes. I was wondering, do all the freebies have to be declared? Just wondering because if that is the case then I am sure they are. Of course, just trying out and returning is a different thing all together.

Evie, you've summed her up completely - 'Julia Roberts in her sickening new blog where she shows off about being a superwoman, with her staggering achievements all in one day'. It doesn't take long for the showyoffyness to take hold with relative newbie Kathryn Goldsmith posting all about me, me, me. Add to these two Pipa the guru with her study & the photos of ickle Claire trying to be a vamp & getting bag loads of compliments & it's enough to bring on a bilious attack.

I like Jilly, she doesn't screech and I find her more watchable than most of the women presenters. She doesn't bang on about her holidays in Bora Bora or her wonderful children/husband/home/maserati either. She's not perfect but she's definitely not the worst.

CC

I know I've said this many times, but unless its for family, most people are very money conscience when buying presents for friends/others. The Christmas Fairs/Bazaars are starting to kick off now, and from experience, Joe Public are hard pushed to pay a tenner for anything, let alone cough up more than £20 for any item QVC are flogging as 'gifts'.

I was gobsmacked the other day, Chloe Everton was waffling on about favourite “portable snacks” while the bag was just sitting there, they didn’t give the size or show around it or inside it no, it just sat there while she was on about her favourite snack, absolutely unbelievable. Imagine if you was in a shop and asked the shop assistant about the bag then she totally ignored the question and started going on about favourite snacks.......only at QVC.

Stupid woman nearly as bad as Jill Franks

I like Jilly, she doesn't screech and I find her more watchable than most of the women presenters. She doesn't bang on about her holidays in Bora Bora or her wonderful children/husband/home/maserati either. She's not perfect but she's definitely not the worst.

CC

I think I must be one of the ugly sisters to your Cinderella, I wonder if Shopps would like to be the other one :mysmilie_454: I've written that because I can't say that I like any of the jumped up tat peddlers & actually dislike most of them.

I think I must be one of the ugly sisters to your Cinderella, I wonder if Shopps would like to be the other one :mysmilie_454: I've written that because I can't say that I like any of the jumped up tat peddlers & actually dislike most of them.

:mysmilie_17: No one that knows me would call me cinderella and it's ME that has the ugly big feet, not the sisters. My mum bought me a little witch last year to hang on my Christmas tree. What on EARTH does that say :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::witch::witch:

CC

CC

Yep, I’m with yeh T. :mysmilie_3:

....... and also her social media about being a wedding guest :mysmilie_466:

Latest posts

Back