Yankee Candle Wax Melts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
I have just read on Wax Addicts that YC melts are to be discontinued from January 2020!

This is a blow. Especially given the number of melt warmers I own. I like to buy matching melts for my candles. :sad:

Will have to find another source when the vast stash runs out then.

Have we heard any mention of this from Rosa on the Yankee shows?

I’ve bought melts from Home Bargains in the past, although I now buy their large jars (for less than £5) and I personally think that their throw of scent is better than YC’s. I used to buy YC but stopped when the scent throw diminished and all I could detect was a paraffin type odour. I can only assume that they changed the process or formula.

I only buy Yankee melts, or votives if they are a very good price and then melt them down. Will be a shame if they discontinue them as I think they give out quite a strong scent compared with tealights/votives/small jars. Asda do little wax cubes quite cheap and if you melt two together they also give out a good scent. I'll switch to those if there's no more Yankee, who I really do believe have changed their ingredients as they are nowhere near as good as when I first started buying them.

CC

That is a shame as I much prefer melts to large jar candles, the jars seem to have a very weak fragrance imo. I did wonder if they were going to be discontinued as I had not seen any new scents in melts in local stockists.
I bought some from Blacks candles recently and was impressed with the scent and price

I use what is left at the bottom of the jars in my electric burner and it seems fine. As someone said you can break votives down and use those. I very rarely use the melts

Oh no, I just lovely YC melts and have loads of burners. I hope this isn't true. :(

What beautiful kitty cats! :blackcat:

Even if it is true, there are other gorgeous melts, and with some detective work knowledgeable forumites may be able to suggest good dupes for your favourites.

Reading the article, it does seem to indicate that it's only the 22g melts that are being discontinued. I hope that's true as I much prefer the Yankee Home Inspirations range of melts (the ones that come in pack of 6).
I think I might stock up though, just in case.

Reading the article, it does seem to indicate that it's only the 22g melts that are being discontinued. I hope that's true as I much prefer the Yankee Home Inspirations range of melts (the ones that come in pack of 6).
I think I might stock up though, just in case.

Yes, it appears to just be Wax Melts that are being put out to pasture. Votives will still continue - no doubt its because they want people to move to Scenterpiece as many new scents are made available in that form, or they have just released Gel Tins in the US which I suspect may make their way across the pond also.

Funnily enough, I was told ages ago by a Yankee retailer that it was tealights which were facing the axe, not melts. I definitely wont be buying a scentrepiece. I think Goose Creek might be a suitable melt alternative. If you buy in the same family it should tone in OK. I hope! They come in blocks of six segments.

Hi May, the twosome are Teddy and Feather. Both rescues a fair few years ago now. They just love one another. My favourite YC smell is Christmas Eve, I also loved Eggnog which was discontinued a few years ago, but I still have a couple of them which I have never used, just don't want to use them when I know I can't get anymore, very silly of me really. I will try some of the ones recommended here anyway. :nod:

Flamingo Candles also do melts in the traditional Yankee tart shape so may be worth checking out. I am bookmarking anything I find to remind me where to look come the dreaded day. I think it is a bit of a bummer when you consider that Yankee do sell tart warmers.

I usually buy my YC from Temptation Gifts, as they always have good offers. I switched to 'Scenterpiece' a few months back, when I discovered the burners with timers. I also got some for my mum, as they are safer for her than messing around with tea-lights.

I still use the wax melts, I just melt the edges of the defunkt scenterpiece cup, pop out the old wax, and drop in a melt or two. Last time I was on the TG website, I discovered quite a number of fragrances in melt form, which weren't available as scenterpiece cups, so I was surprised to hear that the melts were on their way out.

All these recommendations have introduced me to a whole new world of fragrance. I'm especially enticed by the Crumble Pots offered by Wax Addicts, also by the lower (than TG) free p&p thresholds.

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, I gave up burning the candles when all I could smell was paraffin. But now, I look forward to sampling all these wonderful wick-less fragrances!

If I could just find a suitable replacement for Crabtree & Evelyn's Noel, I'd be a very happy bunny!

:mysmilie_8:

Last edited:
Yes you are right, there are FAR more scents in melts than the scentrepiece cups. It all seems rather counter-intuitive to me but there we go.

I am glad you named that emoji because, all the times I have seen it, I have never realised it was a dancing banana! I never really knew what it was, LOL. For some reason it reminded me of a New York traffic cop!!! (yes, I know it is yellow, but so are NY taxis.). :doh:

there is always wax left in the bottom of large jars I just freeze it pop it out and use it in a warmer. centrepieces are fabulous the smell is stronger than any other yankee product

Latest posts

Back