Missing parcels and taking my money!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OokeyKat

Registered Shopper
Hello there, advice needed!

I ordered something a week ago. The parcel according to Hermes went missing before it even reached the courier last week. In the meantime qvc has taken my money out and I called them. I have to now wait for a form to arrive and fill it in when the Hermes site clearly shows the parcel as missing.

Is this normal for qvc to take my money and me need to wait , let’s face it around a month to get my money back.... hopefully! I rather annoyed....grrrr!

Yip unfortunately this is the norm with Q. I think you can email the form which cuts a little of the time down other members will let you know of the fastest way.

It’s so common that if on easy pays the second payment is taken before its sorted.

Qvc are vile and cut throat regarding lost parcels...they treat the customer akin to a mass murderer guilty until ...well guilty!!

Qvc are vile and cut throat regarding lost parcels...they treat the customer akin to a mass murderer guilty until ...well guilty!!

That’s how I felt after the call. I had proof the parcel was missing yet was made to feel like a thief ��

I had a similar problem with Studio. I ordered a Vax carpet cleaner at a really good price. Their ordering system cocked up(technical term) and I ended up as if I had ordered 2. Rang them but,like QVC they were unable to cancel one of them so I said I would refuse to accept delivery of 2. When my Hermes man came I said I bet you've got 2, sure enough he had so I refused to accept the second. That was in the January, come August I get a letter threatening a Debt Collection company unless I paid for the second cleaner. I rang up and asked to speak to a manager,by this time I was so upset I was nearly in tears. Luckily everything was sorted out ok as they blamed it on a computer error. I have no idea why it took nearly 9 months for the problem to come to light and my call saying I would not accept delivery of both was on their system.

Hello there, advice needed!

I ordered something a week ago. The parcel according to Hermes went missing before it even reached the courier last week. In the meantime qvc has taken my money out and I called them. I have to now wait for a form to arrive and fill it in when the Hermes site clearly shows the parcel as missing.

Is this normal for qvc to take my money and me need to wait , let’s face it around a month to get my money back.... hopefully! I rather annoyed....grrrr!

That just sounds wrong... & not quite right to me. I'd call Trading Standards.

what really grates me is the casual way that QVC promote the money back guarantee and how its being extended for 2 months over the Christmas period. if they cant deal with everyday reruns and lost parcels what are they promoting something that they don't have a hope in hell chance of managing...

'Under the Consumer Rights Act, when you buy goods from an online retailer, they are responsible for the goods until you receive them. So if the courier loses the goods you ordered or they are damaged, the retailer is responsible for putting things right, not the courier'. QVC need to be told to put that in their pipe & smoke it. What an awful company.

I’m currently waiting for another form to fill in because something else has got lost in transit - the second in six weeks. It will be at least a month before all the faffing about will be finished and my money is refunded. Fortunately it’s only for about £20.

QVC have definitely gone downhill since I joined them. They have so many hoops to jump through to get a refund, most of their goods can’t be tracked online when they’ve been dispatched, they send out returns as new and then deny it and it’s always the same old things being trawled out for shows, for example today’s TSV which is the 11th time it’s been a TSV. Talk about a bore fest!

Unless they buck up their ideas, customers will be leaving in their droves and buying from more organised and reliable companies.

With QVC they play by their own rules, once they’ve got your money in their sweaty little hands, they refuse point blank to give it back until they say so, they don’t let the truth or proof that you returned it/haven’t received it get in the way. Cut a long story short it takes roughly four weeks from start to finish to get your own money back, as opposed to Amazon who take four minutes.

What's the point of tracking if they don't rely on it! The tracking say Hermes lost it so QVC should refund or send a replacement and chase the courier firm for recompense? And in the real world that would happen.

OP maybe ring your bank or credit card card, and say QVC didn't fulfil the order and ask for a charge back quoting the Hermes tracking evidence.

What's the point of tracking if they don't rely on it! The tracking say Hermes lost it so QVC should refund or send a replacement and chase the courier firm for recompense? And in the real world that would happen.

OP maybe ring your bank or credit card card, and say QVC didn't fulfil the order and ask for a charge back quoting the Hermes tracking evidence.

now thats a very very good idea QVC would hate to lose the money they are grasping even when rightly its not theirs to grasp

I know Q don’t use tracking but I find when I use other companies who do use it doesn’t work half the time. Mind you it always arrives within the time expected only you don’t know where it’s been or when it will arrive.

Worst of the lot are DPD. Bunch of f’ing lying B’s who’s website tells you it will be delivered by 7pm when the thing hasn’t left the depot and goes through 2 countries before it is delivered. What other company when you phone them has a recorded message from the CEO asking you not to be rude to the operatives! They make Q look like company of the century. It has got so bad I ask before I buy which courier they are using, unfortunately the sales people often don’t know who will be used.

QVC must make a considerable amount of interest on money which they hold while the s l o w processes of refunding on a return or proving non delivery.I have just returned a tracked item, posted yesterday delivered & signed for today before 09:00.Am watching to see when I will my account will be credited, last time it took 14 days to even acknowledge receipt of return.Then I do it again! Some people are so fickle!

I had tracking recently that showed my house on a map, and the route of the van moving around and getting ever nearer to me, and it was delivered right within the timeslot.

But my latest email from QVC says "your item is on its way, click here to track it", so I did.

It says there is no tracking as it is coming by Royal Mail!

What a shambles!

I had tracking recently that showed my house on a map, and the route of the van moving around and getting ever nearer to me, and it was delivered right within the timeslot.

But my latest email from QVC says "your item is on its way, click here to track it", so I did.

It says there is no tracking as it is coming by Royal Mail!

What a shambles!

The C needs to be changed to Consistently as in consistently poor.

qvc hold onto our money and make returns a slow arduous process to DELIBERATELY put customers off returning stuff...

I live in Italy and from time to time over the past 20 years items I have ordered have not arrived and I have never had an issue. Ever. The item has been replaced or refunded without question. Yes, it takes time but most companies expect you to wait a little just in case the item arrives after the given delivery time. Also, during the summer I returned a dress by normal post (costs too much by registered post from here) and the parcel didn't arrive back in the warehouse. I called customer services and they asked me to send a letter with proof of payment (which I didn't have) but they refunded me just the same. Yes, it takes time but I honestly can't complain.

I live in Italy and from time to time over the past 20 years items I have ordered have not arrived and I have never had an issue. Ever. The item has been replaced or refunded without question. Yes, it takes time but most companies expect you to wait a little just in case the item arrives after the given delivery time. Also, during the summer I returned a dress by normal post (costs too much by registered post from here) and the parcel didn't arrive back in the warehouse. I called customer services and they asked me to send a letter with proof of payment (which I didn't have) but they refunded me just the same. Yes, it takes time but I honestly can't complain.

I agree with your situation you live on the Continent we live up the motorway its far too long sending bits of paper in the post at our cost I must add. you have to wait all in three weeks at least sorry but I am not impressed

I’m not impressed with QVC either. Compared to some other companies they are in the Dark Ages. Even IW refund money within 5 days and in some cases (via Asda) returns are free.

Amazon is even better. In 2017, I bought 2 x £100 gift cards, in a tin, and wrapped them up to give for Christmas presents. Both recipients told me on Christmas Day that the silver strip had already been removed and the cards didn’t work. I rang Amazon on Christmas Day and they confirmed that the cards had been applied to an account and that they knew whose account it was. They didn’t give me details but, from what they said, the cards had been used by someone in the warehouse before they were put into the delivery packaging. They assured me that the person would be dealt with. Presumably that meant sacked.

Anyway, the £200 was back in my account the following day, even though it was the Christmas period. I bought new cards from Wilko on the 27th and they were fine.

But can you imagine the rigmarole that would have occurred if the cards had been sold by QVC? I’d probably have still been waiting for the refund.

Latest posts

Back