Samsung Netbook TSV Saturday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think it may be easiest to say that it is samsung. Would be believable if you could order direct from them but as you cant need we say more

I'd have been very tempted by the TSV, had I not bought the tiny little Asus Eee pc [love it! :1: ] back in August.

Anyway, in case anyone's bought the TSV and is now looking for an external CD drive, I bought one from a regular seller on eBay for under £20, including delivery. It was a British seller, too, so no waiting around for the drive to be shipped from Hong Kong.

Oh look even PC World are flogging them at £322.96 with free standard delivery. Print that out take it down to the store and they'll give it to you at that price :4: No easy pay though but I can live with that and get a bigger USB stick with the savings.

Meaning Sheepdog is also very disappointed with QVC TSV even though 30 days MBG and 4 easy pays seems appealing. Nope, saving pennies for a short while.

Last edited:
C.S.told me they have been inundated with complaints about the postage!

I can't decide.
I like the idea of buying from QVC as I can use it and return it if we don't get on.
Does anywhere else allow that?

How much is the "extra" keyring thing worth and do we need it?

Also I want the blue and that colour is harder to find.
I have put one on cheque hold.
So the debate continues...

Last edited:
C.S.told me they have been inundated with complaints about the postage!

I can't decide.
I like the idea of buying from QVC as I can use it and return it if we don't get on.
Does anywhere else allow that?

How much is the "extra" keyring thing worth and do we need it?

Also I want the blue and that colour is harder to find.
I have put one on cheque hold.
So the debate contiues...

You'd risk £35 to try it and return it?????
I have better uses for £35 to be honest!
The extra keyring is worth about £5 in all honesty! It's not necessary at all!

So let me get this straight. The Netbook itself is great but not really a huge bargain. QVC are charging £35 for a 14 day delivery yet can't guarantee before Christmas. At this time of year that's exactly what everyone wants!!! I had no idea what a netbook was until I saw this thread and was very tempted by it but I refuse to pay £35 for a half a*sed delivery service. Think QVC have shot themselves in the foot this time.

Thanks Kyresa.

I'm furious about the postage but I haven't been able to find the blue one that much cheaper anywhere else.

Thanks Kyresa.

I'm furious about the postage but I haven't been able to find the blue one that much cheaper anywhere else.

Dixons are flogging it a £309 in blue with free delivery. The same Dixons who are in the same group as PCWorld who are selling it at £322!

Unfortunately the blue one is sold out at Dixons.

I was too slow.
I think a lot of people were quick off the mark after the TSV was presented.

Re the delivery.

They did say in the midnight showing that if you definitely wanted it before christmas, then you would have to order it and pay by credit or debit card!

I find it incredible that they can't guarantee delivery for Christmas.....it's only the 6th for goodness sake. I should have thought that the stock levels would have been agreed beforehand with Samsung so what's the problem? :33:

My first thought was 'gorgeous!' when I saw the blue one.

I quickly sobered up when I realised it doesn't have a dvd-cd drive, though.

If I specifically wanted a small netbook suitable for travel, I'd probably get an Acer and save some money.

If I wanted a laptop, I'd save up an extra £100-£200 and get a basic Sony Viao or Dell - which would represent far better value for money, IMHO, when you think how much more it would be able to do.

Sorry, but pretty though this TSV is, I think it's style over substance....

the guest presenter said that it was run on xp not vista as vista is more hunrgy on the processing than xp having more applications.it looks cute this note book but as previously stated more style than substance. i will be ordering my daughters dell on wednesday and i swear the price has gone down a bit not up heaps. oh and the p&p is included in the extremly competitive price.

Latest posts

Back