It Works! Cleaning Blocks & Extendable Wand TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another fan here - they are fabulous, I use them to clean marks off walls and particularly to use on tile grouting. They are also great at removing sticky residue left by labels.

I agree - bought the last TSV and it got black marker pen (permanent) off an Ikea coffee table with no damage to the table and no sight of the mark!:D

It works

I have been using these around 3 years now and they really are handy.

They say you shouldn't use them on cars,however a couple of halloweens ago,we had one of our minibuses vandalised-windows smashed and white spray paint all over the deep blue paintwork. We needed it the next day as we were doing work for MENCAP with it,my husband knew he could get the glass repaired at a freinds garage the next morning,but the language on the van.........no! Anyway I thought here goes nothing,and whilst he was pacing the street and phoning all and sundry for advice, I set to with the It works- an hour later and 4 blocks of foam,the paint was completely off-and believe me two long sides and the back were covered in expletives. I used them gently,so the paintwork didn't really suffer,and we folllowed with t-cut and it came up really well. Saved the day and husband was almost annoyed I had quietly got on and solved the problem!
I always have some in the house now,doors come up a treat where the kids are always grabbing the edges with greasy dirty fingers etc and I have rescued so many tatty trainers with them!

I would love to know whether the stain remover from the same company is as good as he made it look last night! I have bought so many over the years that I have sent back with disgust!

I never went for them in the end, I can't imagine they're very heavy but was opposed to the (what I thought) was high P & P.
I'm going to be kicking myself aren't I?

I never went for them in the end, I can't imagine they're very heavy but was opposed to the (what I thought) was high P & P.
I'm going to be kicking myself aren't I?

No, don't! I find these blocks immensely frustrating and initially after getting one of the previous TSVs was going to throw them out, but grudgingly I was won around as they are useful for those few and far between items when you have tried other products and you think, I'll just give it a go..... they can be reused but after first use generally go an uncomplementary shade of grey/brown and then over several uses disintegrate and shred everywhere.....:mad:

However on the plus side they are really great for quickly going over the basin and grouting in the bathroom and light areas of grease in the kitchen. I think it is misleading to clean up baked on oil and grease from the bottom of pans etc as they never touch those (well, not in my house) and I think it would take a month of Sundays to get anywhere near to cleaning my oven!:eek:

Anyhow...... what I originally wanted to say is that if you think these blocks would prove useful (and I may repurchase when I run out as they do come in handy - great tip about they car wheels BTW, will try that one) IMO the telescopic handle thing was a bit of a white elephant and QVC do have a couple of sets where you only buy the blocks.;)

I have used these blocks on my leather suite(very gently) and it comes up beautifully,getting out a biro mark with ease.

I decided to order,and will post after i have used them.[proberbly have to wait 2 weeks for them to be delivered ]:eek:

JML do a block that cuts to size & Flash also do them. Haven't tried the It Works ones, but I love the Flash & JML ones - I always turn to them when nothing else works.

Just wanted to add that Lakeland usually sell an eraser block aswell (2.99 I think).

They are quite good, but do be careful, they took the varnish off of my wooden kitchen cupboards, unfortunately I couldn't see the damage until they had dried :(

Latest posts

Back