Mally makeup

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shushkin!

Registered Shopper
Hi all
Has anyone used this makeup?. It does not look much on screen but I
like some of the ideas like the eye lightening pen thing. The packaging looks a bit cheap.

She seems quite a character. It was quite amusing to watch her with Ali just now. Mally brought the best out of Ali.

I have to say the imo Mally is the best makeup artist I have ever seen on QVC. She did a fantastic job with the models. I wish I could do that. Lovely and natural as well as very flattering.
I think she didnt do a bad job of Ali's makeup either. Fantastic cheekbones.

Mally make up

I have got a couple of items on cheque hold and would love to know what people think who have used this.

I've got a few of her products. The shimmer shape and glow kit which I have to say is excellent - think that's "worth the price of admission" as Mally would say. I've got the pink light and the peach light which is what you need for fair skintone. Darker skintone you'd go for the deep colour options.

I also have the secret eyeshape pencils which are the angled ones. TBH they are ok but nothing special and they don't have great lasting power, but are nice and soft and don't drag your eye.

The citychick eyecolour compact is also excellent and I have it in Brownstone. It really does help achieve the 'daytime smoky' and the 'nighttime smoky' and the step by step guides that you get with each product take you through the correct application.

The lipglosses are average I have the Love is Pink duo - and there are a lot of complaints about the brush being splayed. It depends on luck really, the brushes do have potential to splay out, a bit like the Bobbi Brown ones but if you slightly twist the wand as you put it back in the tube it's fine. Colourwise they are quite sheer but not gloopy. I like them and would re-order.

I haven't used the foundation/concealers as I prefer my current ones.

Finally the compacts are lovely but a pain in the bum to open, expect broken fingernails! They're very stiff, and while the snake print cases are cute they don't serve any other purpose than to protect the casings so personally I think they're unneccessary.

Hope that helps girls!

Twinklette xx

mally was a bit "out there" for early evening

"you'll have a glow like you had sex with your husband!"

you could almost see AY cringe

She was a bit "out there" in the 2 pm show too. She told Alison Keenan that she'd have a glow like she'd had sex with Johnny Depp.

Consequently, I bought the mascara to try. :9:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will give the eye brightener pen thingy a go if
there are any left. The matt one though as I am past 40 and dont
want to scare anyone (anymore than usual anyway!).

Loved her comment about the mascara too...

Mally: 'omg, Allikins - you will poop your pants when you see what this does...'
Ali Y: 'I hope I don't...'

It took her a while before she realised Mally had called her Allykins too, lol - she wasn't best pleased :54:

this is one makeup artist that does a really bril job. alison looked the best i have ever seen normally on her fair skin earth tones look muddy but mally did a superb job on her.

my least fav make up artist has to be the benefit girl. she looksa as if she puts the makeup on with a brush... one used for painting you house. plus she is little better on the models makes benefit make up look bad even though it is excellent.

alison has a great sense of humour she looks as if she enjoys mallys madness..

Loved her comment about the mascara too...

Mally: 'omg, Allikins - you will poop your pants when you see what this does...'
Ali Y: 'I hope I don't...'

It took her a while before she realised Mally had called her Allykins too, lol - she wasn't best pleased :54:

Did she actually say that!! I wish i'd watched the show/s, i'm saving my pennies until Jayne has the SB Ultimate Pallette back in stock(i'm on Makeup watch at mo as its due in any day now!!). Anyway this lady sounds brilliant fun - my kind of gal. On the makeup front her brightening pencil sounds good - i use LG eyewander(love it) and Benefits brightening pencil(again love it) but will be trying this on her next visit. Linda

Sorry also meant to multi quote Toril at No 5 - another great comment!!

Last edited:
Did anyone else hear her say, "This S-H-I-T isn't going anywhere" when referring to the concealer? I had to rewind to check I'd heard right!

Latest posts

Back