Samsung Netbook the truth behind the high Postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm picking mine up from PC World tomorrow. It's £322 and they're doing buy now pay later so I can put the money aside over the next 6 months and pay it off in full (otherwise the interest will the apply and double the cost or something stupid!)

Can't wait!!

Em xXx

thanks Valencia

I have mentioned on a previous thread to be prepared for substantial price increases on products not only TV shopping channels but also on the high st because most of our Imports are from the Far East and USA ,this is just an example of how the high dollar against the pound is going to effect lots of product prices,and please dont think that the downturn in the economy will bring prices down in 2009 because there will actually be a shortage of certain products as orders from importers to manufacturers are cancelled.[/QUOTE]

It all makes sense and something we should be all aware of. I will have to do a check list of stuff to buy now so I dont get caught out next year. Well as much as is possible. I think I am ok for slap for at least a couple of years!
Who knows when the pound will get stronger again. How longs a piece of string!
The new super powers such as China and India have huge populations that have growing consumer demands that will raise prices.

I think there's another reason for the high postage.

It's so QVC can trot out that famous line; 'thanks to our immense buying power, we've been able to bring this to you [you lucky, lucky people] at under three hundred pounds!!! Check out the prices on the high street - no one else can offer this amazing price of - under three hundred pounds!!!'

Perhaps they're hoping that none of us will notice the P&P, or, if we do, we can't add up so it makes no difference anyway. :3::4:

Latest posts

Back