Postal Strike Liverpool 19th December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Not sure if this is widely known but there is a postal strike on the 19th December is a number of mainland UK postal sorting offices. The one I did pay attention to was Liverpool. It is only one day that I know about, but knowing QVC if they don't move their backsides and with delays no doubt for days afterwards in the post. If they don't ship the stuff very quickly or use another carrier coming up to that period and after many will not get their items in time for christmas. I do know parcelnet can be really slow for deliveries too, the drivers work to suit themselves when they deliver.

Not sure if this is widely known but there is a postal strike on the 19th December is a number of mainland UK postal sorting offices. The one I did pay attention to was Liverpool. It is only one day that I know about, but knowing QVC if they don't move their backsides and with delays no doubt for days afterwards in the post. If they don't ship the stuff very quickly or use another carrier coming up to that period and after many will not get their items in time for christmas. I do know parcelnet can be really slow for deliveries too, the drivers work to suit themselves when they deliver.

That's bad news Donna. Recently, anything from RM is getting here very quickl, but my parcelnet driver is dreadful. My Lock and Lock took 11 days to get here which that seems to be about average for him, so I hope QVC aren't relying on parcelnet for the last-minute deliveries.

During the last postal strike they sent parcels by other couriers which was great except for the people they used (TNT I think) used the post office to do the actual home bit of the delivery so things still got stuck in the system. Typical of qvc!

:SHOCK:

I think QVC will be well up on this and already have a courier in place, just hope its better than the one they used last time.

If it goes ahead it will affect all areas

Maybe they will have got something organised, as people possibly won't order if they can't be sure of delivery, especially for christmas things

Years ago (yawn) when they first started, that Christmas the delivery was guaranteed and I can remember ordering my very first thing and it was delivered the following day!.....in the good old days (more yawns)

Latest posts

Back