Liquidation Sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Looks like The Jewellery Channel in the US is on the way out, they are having a Liquidation Sale.

"Beginning July 3, 2008 all sales are final . No returns will be accepted and no resizing will be available on any orders dated July 3, 2008 or later."

it will still continue over here

:confused: How do you know?

I strongly suspect that TJC won't last much longer. It will recoup some of the losses by closing the US operation but if the recession continues I would put money on TJC not being on our screens this time next year.

I strongly suspect that TJC won't last much longer. It will recoup some of the losses by closing the US operation but if the recession continues I would put money on TJC not being on our screens this time next year.

I agree Meeshoo, the experts are now saying we are only going into a recession and it will last 3 to 4 years.

I can see TJC going sooner rather than later.

no i just read it somewhere and that is what i thought it will still be over here till about the end of the year i just have a feeling

Hope it does stay on our screen in the UK, I've had my problems with TJC but I have also had some really lovely jewellery and really good prices also think it's also good to have competion in the market place not just one channel just selling jewellery, can see what you mean though doesn't look very promising does it :(

Hope it does stay on our screen in the UK, I've had my problems with TJC but I have also had some really lovely jewellery and really good prices also think it's also good to have competion in the market place not just one channel just selling jewellery, can see what you mean though doesn't look very promising does it :(

I'm inclinded to agree, I don't buy much from the tv but I do sometimes like to watch, and I've been happy with the items that I have bought, I also feel the competition from tv sales helps to keep down all retailers prices, I was at Covent Garden market yesterday and there were some beautiful jewellery items from Tanzanite, Diamonds, Peridot ect through to glass, nearly all handmade and original to a fantastic standard, and the prices were very fair.

I have to add though, with what I've been reading on here just lately concerning mis-selling on certain channels and a possible impending doom of TJC, I'm not confident to purchase from the tv at all.

No surprise about TJC US, I saw an article a couple of weeks ago about all staff being laid off by August. I hope TJC UK can survive, even though it doesn't seem wise to be too optimistic.

It is a sad situation,but I have noticed several new presenters on the UK channel this week.
As for the recession its so worrying, several businesses locally have gone to the wall and shops that have been around for decades have shut.They recently revamped our local shopping centre, spent lots of money and shops opened up and now several of them have gone within the year. Its so expensive to run businesses, rates, utilities, insurances, rent, stock. :eek:

It is a sad situation,but I have noticed several new presenters on the UK channel this week.
As for the recession its so worrying, several businesses locally have gone to the wall and shops that have been around for decades have shut.They recently revamped our local shopping centre, spent lots of money and shops opened up and now several of them have gone within the year. Its so expensive to run businesses, rates, utilities, insurances, rent, stock. :eek:

I agree DG, very worrying.

Nope, they will be gone

Marissa, one of the hosts, has just said that the liquidation sale ends on 21st July at 6am (Local time)

Marissa is spinning quite a tale then. I live in the U.S. and they are going out of business mainly because of problems with quality and service. The station's last day over here will be 8/4/08. It is now "No refunds, no resizing, Inventory Liquidation Sale". They still try to get by telling us the crap that they are clearing the vault for new merchandise, however, the company closing has even been broadcast on TV so you would have to live under a rock to believe that one. I wish you all better luck.

TJC-US, still on the air

They finally announced August 1st, that they were going out of business. Of course, I knew that at the beginning of July when they started showing "no returns, all sales final, etc. My satellite carrier originally announced they would quit broadcasting TJC as of July 6th, then it was changed to July 20th (with a message both times to call TJC directly, sorry for the convenience and all that). The 20th came and went, they are still on the air. They haven't actually said when the last "on air" date is - although I imagine it's coming soon.

Some of the major hosts have departed, they've hired quite a few new presenters (I can't even imagine that interview...hi, we're going out of business, welcome to the family :eek:) and the prices are really coming down.

Of all of the things they have shown (some really awful pieces, some beautiful), I have made one purchase of tanzanite earrings - which surprisingly are quite lovely and actually wearable. I think I've seen 3 items in the past month that I would actually purchase, but I haven't.

They really had a good thing going, but their quality and service was spotty at best. Of 9 items I purchased, 5 were returned and two of the pieces I kept, I can't wear. For the most part, the jewelry wasn't all it was supposed to be and their customer service left alot to be desired.

I emailed TJC-UK to see if I could purchase from their site (the UK jewelry is lovelier than the US'), they said no since I don't have a UK address. What a shame.:(

~s.

Latest posts

Back