Did anyone try the VEGGIE tofu yet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Choppysocks, this is the full description of the coconut tofu dish:

Noodle Bowl - Made with wok fried coconut tofu, soy beans, sugar snap peas, bok choy, and Shiitake mushrooms in red curry broth

That sounds lovely, no idea how to make a red curry broth, but I bet its nice with all the other ingredients adapted as a stir fry.

Tofu rocks!

I just wanted to announce to the ST forum members that I have followed Choppysocks' advice, bought some Cauldron organic tofu this morning, and tonight I had tofu and mung beans curry with rice and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! And it's good for me too! A total winner! My tummy is full and I am happy! Thanks Choppy!:D

I just wanted to announce to the ST forum members that I have followed Choppysocks' advice, bought some Cauldron organic tofu this morning, and tonight I had tofu and mung beans curry with rice and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! And it's good for me too! A total winner! My tummy is full and I am happy! Thanks Choppy!:D

Fantastic, another convert!
smilie_keks.gif

Now you will have to share the mung bean curry recipie. Is there a recapie section on the forum? I'll have a look and post mine on there if it is.

Hi Choppy! Great idea to start a tofu recipe thread! I'm afraid my curry recipe is hardly that, it was a cheat, lazy version... I used tinned mung beans. I had some dried 'proper' beans but of course having bought the tofu in the morning, I just had to try it that very night, so I could not mess around with all that business of soaking overnight, etc.

So what I did was: chop 3 small onions, fry and add cubed tofu to seal (as you had recommended), then added a jar of low fat waitrose jalfrezi sauce (yummy and the ready made sauce with the lowest WW point value that I have been able to find), then after simmering for 10 minutes I added the tin of mung beans and simmered for another 10 mins. I served with some boiled rice and it tasted lovely. I quite liked the texture of the tofu, it was a bit odd at first, but I got quite into it as I was chomping away...:D Yep, definitely a convert!

Hi Choppy! Great idea to start a tofu recipe thread! I'm afraid my curry recipe is hardly that, it was a cheat, lazy version...

Thread started! ;)

I like the sound of your recipie, cheats version or not. TBH, I find that tinned beans are better than the dried ones, as they never seem to rehydrate the same.

Thread started! ;)

I like the sound of your recipie, cheats version or not. TBH, I find that tinned beans are better than the dried ones, as they never seem to rehydrate the same.

Great Choppysocks, thanks! I must say, I do use a lot of tinned beans as the soaking process just requires more planning ahead than my little head can cope with, but I do feel sometimes that it is a slightly lazier option...

Latest posts

Back